COVID-19 Pre-Boarding Health Declaration... question #1

Tom-n-Cheryl

The very first question relates to having various symptoms - including a COUGH.

Most normal/healthy people cough several times a day. There's obviously a difference between "having coughed" (sometime in the last 14 days!) and "having A cough". I understand what they're getting at, but does checking this as a YES get you sent to a testing line/holding area? It almost seems like a honesty/catch question.

i-h9Ntk6n-L.jpg

Has ANYONE (vaccinated, obviously) who has already boarded a ship since the resumption of cruising actually checked YES here? If so, what was your experience?

THANKS

I think you are taking the questions too literally.  If you check yes, you are likely to either be tested or denied boarding.  Be honest, but answer the questions in the context they are presented.  Swallowing wrong or clearing your throat every now and then is not what they are asking.

• Like 2

I have allergies... I sneeze and cough.  Perfume sends me into a coughing fit (I avoid formal nights like the plague).  I still would say no - I don't think that's what they are meaning.  Hope that doesn't mean I fill out the form incorrectly!

That question has multiple symptoms.... but yeah, I could see it causing an issue for someone.

• Like 1

I'm not a lawyer, but sometimes seeing a form like this brings out the litigator in me - LOL

Like I said, I understand what they're getting at. I think spelling it out just a tad more (like an extra word or two!) would be helpful.

Tom

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm not a lawyer, but sometimes seeing a form like this brings out the litigator in me - LOL

Like I said, I understand what they're getting at. I think spelling it out just a tad more (like an extra word or two!) would be helpful.

Tom

I agree - instead of "cough in the past 14 days", change it to "cough in the past 14 days other than an temporary epiglottis malfunction".

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Tom was that form in Cruise Manager or is it among the regular docs?

Someone on another thread was kind enough to post a link earlier today. I'm not exactly sure how Carnival is getting it to people, but I assume they do so closer to your sail date. I would think that it's preferred to have this filled out prior to arriving at the terminal?

LINK

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Most normal/healthy people cough several times a day. There's obviously a difference between "having coughed" (sometime in the last 14 days!) and "having A cough". I understand what they're getting at, but does checking this as a YES get you sent to a testing line/holding area? It almost seems like a honesty/catch question.

i-h9Ntk6n-L.jpg

Has ANYONE (vaccinated, obviously) who has already boarded a ship since the resumption of cruising actually checked YES here? If so, what was your experience?

THANKS

They mean a persistent cough. 

4 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

They mean a persistent cough. 

I had covid & basically no cough in December.  I took my 2nd vaccine shot mid-April and have had ever since persistent cough, significant  congestion and today what appears to be a sinus infection.  I’ve been to the doctor 3 times since April and urgent care once including a chest X-ray.  Tried a variety of OTC meds and several prescription ones.  

Finally today had a substitute doc tell me my blood pressure meds (Lisinopril), which is an ace inhibitor, is highly linked to dry cough and other covid-like symptoms.  I just switched meds and hope that this makes a difference.  With a mask on I am certain to get a secondary evaluation when I board in September.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Finally today had a substitute doc tell me my blood pressure meds (Lisinopril), which is an ace inhibitor, is highly linked to dry cough and other covid-like symptoms.  I just switched meds and hope that this makes a difference.  

My cough reaction stopped the next day when I switched.

The cough question on the form from Carnival in my mind implies a persistent cough. 

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-h9Ntk6n-L.jpg

THANKS