New/extended cancelations for Eclipse, Infinity and Solstice

Jeremiah1212

2 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I wonder what will happen to the Eclipse prior to the May Hawaii cruise ? Hopefully it will be cruise on the West Coast.

I wonder too.  doubt if they would cruise the West coast and then go to Hawaii for just one cruise.

Where is the Eclipse now? 

If they do decide to cancel I hope it will be sooner rather than later, and not after final payment.  

Has anyone been able to do the equivalent of a L&S with these sailings? Spoke to a rep with our TA yesterday who said we can transfer to any destination or ship, except Edge class. Am going to call back later today and try again move our February South America to Asia for February 2023, wish me luck…

20 minutes ago, prish said:

Has anyone been able to do the equivalent of a L&S with these sailings? Spoke to a rep with our TA yesterday who said we can transfer to any destination or ship, except Edge class. Am going to call back later today and try again move our February South America to Asia for February 2023, wish me luck…

Good Luck. We had our New Zealand cruise cancelled (2 years in a row). We chose the refund, we like Celebrity and will sail with them again if we like the itinerary. Our next cruise is East coast Canada out of New York to Quebec City at the end of August next year on another line. We are fortunate as Canadians that we both have our full vaccinations with Pfizer so many of our fellow Canadians have mixed doses like many other countries. We are hopeful that by August next year the constant hourly rule changes will be in the past.

Edited by Blackduck59

1 hour ago, prish said:

You can’t transfer to anything and everything without using your 125% FCC. Using Lift and Shift to protect your existing rate on the same/similar has to meet the terms by Aug 3. 

From now through August 3, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans on the same ship and destination, by rescheduling for a 2022/23 sailing within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking. Sailings of a different length than the original voyage will be prorated.

Just rescheduled for February 2023, same ship Infinity, same South America itinerary. The TAS rep was good enough to call X to ask if we could transfer to an Asian sailing, but as expected that’s a no go. 

The Infinity will be even more rundown 18+ months, but we want to hold on to our reservation for now. We booked onboard with only a $100 deposit, so there’s not much money at stake.  

I’m kicking myself for not doing a L&S to the March 4, 2023 Japan sailing on the Solstice, but I didn’t think they’d cancel South America this far ahead. Especially since Celebrity always waits till the last moment…

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity Solstice sailings September 26, 2021 through December 19, 2021 already cancelled.

What chance is there of the Solstice cruises in S.E. Asia going ahead in Jan/ February 2022?

When do you think Celebrity will decide on the cancellation of the Jan/ Feb sailings?

On 7/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, Oville said:

We got notification today that out Nov 12 Constellation cruise from Tampa is no more.

We are on the same cruise but didn't receive any notice.  I just emailed my TA to have her look into this.  6 days ago we made final payment as well. 

52 minutes ago, wallysdtr said:

We are on the same cruise but didn't receive any notice.  I just emailed my TA to have her look into this.  6 days ago we made final payment as well. 

We're Nov. 12 out of Ft L (Silhouette)...it' returning from Southampton trans Atlantic;  wonder if this one will be cancelled also?  Final payment made.

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We're Nov. 12 out of Ft L (Silhouette)...it' returning from Southampton trans Atlantic;  wonder if this one will be cancelled also?  Final payment made.

Not sure about the Silhouette but I did hear back from my TA.  Our 11/12 cruise on the Constellation is not on the suspend list.  Not sure what email the other poster received.     IMO we are headed once again for crazy on again, off again cruises.