celebrity air do they inform you if your flights have changed?

sunsetme

Hi!  I have always been notified.  I frequently check on the airline website and just this week I noticed a time shift by 12 minutes on one flight and 5 minutes on the other.   The day after I noticed,  I received an e-mail from Flights by Celebrity with the new times.   

If you have a drastic change, I'm sure you will get an e-mail but it's always good to call to make sure all is well. 

The e-mail came from: Flights By Celebrity 

Subject Line: Notification of Air Itinerary Changes for Reservation _#_

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

received no info, my flight changed drastically, will try to call in the morning.  Is this standard diy?

Notification seems to be hit or miss, even if we book directly with the airlines. Like previous posters, I check the airline sites periodically to monitor the schedule. If you have had a “drastic” change, it might be a good idea to look for desirable flights yourself and not simply take whatever the airline or Celebrity Air offers you. Often when drastic changes occur, airlines can be very flexible in reaccommodating  affected  passengers. Good luck

• Like 1

We booked with Celebrity air for the first time due to possibility of cruise being canceled.

Haven't paid our final payment yet but in checking air reservation, I see the flight has changed from "pending" to "ticketed."    I didn't think Celebrity would pay for the ticket until we paid our full payment.

Is this unusual?

I always make it my business to check on my flights. Airlines makes changes all of the time. It used to be quarterly schedule changes but in the ago of COVID they are adding and subtracting more often.  Be responsible and keep an eye on your travel plans yourself.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sunsetme said:

I received the change in an email today from Celebrity. This flight puts me through PHL which is ludicrous but I will wait and see if the airlines make changes that better suit me.

I would call them and change to what you want.   If they cancelled your flight they have to either refund you  payment (fully) or change it to a flight you like better at no additional cost.

• Like 1

Jim, since COVID United has not been playing so nice with their overseas flights.   Our flight from Athen was changed leaving three hours later.  Meanwhile, they added a non stop flight to our destination.   Were we allowed to change at no cost, NO, but we could have changed for an additional $1600 each, one way.   If they cancel your flight expect to be changed to a worse, not better flight.

16 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Jim, since COVID United has not been playing so nice with their overseas flights.   Our flight from Athen was changed leaving three hours later.  Meanwhile, they added a non stop flight to our destination.   Were we allowed to change at no cost, NO, but we could have changed for an additional $1600 each, one way.   If they cancel your flight expect to be changed to a worse, not better flight.

Wow... That doesn't sound fair.   I haven't been flying much since covid but had a Delta flight (Domestic) change a connection to a 2 hour connection.    Delta gave me a non-stop at no additional cost.  

Try calling and speaking with a different agent or ask to speak to a Supervisor.    I wouldn't expect them to change both directions but would expect them to work with you on the flight that was changed by 3 hours.   I'm a 2 million mile flyer on United which gives us Platinum for life so I may get a different treatment.

I did not receive any notification but found the change myself when I went to check flights/prices.  Our flight was changed from a non-stop to one stop with a huge layover.  I booked my cruise online through AAA and was told by AAA agent that Celebrity is handling flight changes based on priority and since our cruise is not until next year, I should "sit tight & wait". 

Today I checked flights and found a similar non-stop at a slightly less expensive price.  Again, AAA wanted me to continue with the "wait and see" approach.  Fortunately by calling Celebrity Air I connected with a very helpful person who changed our flights for us and got us our seat assignment.

I will continue to monitor and be my own advocate.