Blue line vs green line - what are they?

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

I have seen lots of references to the "blue line" or "green line" when discussing arrival procedure and readiness to sail. I have seared but cannot find any info on what these lines are. Can't someone explain please? 🙂 

Using the Medallion app, you enter all your personal details.  Whilst the information is incomplete,  yiu are in the "blue" line,  neaning that you will need to provide the missing information at embarkation. 

However, once you have entered all the required information on the app, your status turns to green, meaning that all your documentation is complete, thus allowing you to embark more quickly.

You don't have to use the app, as all your documentation can be done at the port, but it might mean you to have to wait a bit longer for your first drink! 

I'm sure others on here might explain the process better.

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet

Ah right! Yes, that makes sense now.

I see in the medallion app thread some people are having problems because they keep getting switched from green to blue without any obvious reason... now I understand 🙂

Thanks

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Using the Medallion app, you enter all your personal details.  Whilst the information is incomplete,  yiu are in the "blue" line,  neaning that you will need to provide the missing information at embarkation. 

However, once you have entered all the required information on the app, your status turns to green, meaning that all your documentation is complete, thus allowing you to embark more quickly.

You don't have to use the app, as all your documentation can be done at the port, but it might mean you to have to wait a bit longer for your first drink! 

I'm sure others on here might explain the process better.

Not sure about that, as we have incomplete info but are Green. FWIW, we are both Green Line for our late November trip, and yet haven't entered the Arrival and Departure groups, so only 4 out of 5 of the little dots are green. Also, confusingly, we are both green for the Health Status, which should mean it's complete, yet we aren't able to upload our vaccination docs.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Not sure about that, as we have incomplete info but are Green. FWIW, we are both Green Line for our late November trip, and yet haven't entered the Arrival and Departure groups, so only 4 out of 5 of the little dots are green. Also, confusingly, we are both green for the Health Status, which should mean it's complete, yet we aren't able to upload our vaccination docs.

I don't think you can choose groups until a few weeks before departure.

As to health status, we just ticked the box to say we understood the health policy,  and promptly got a green tick ! We haven't been asked to supply our QR code as yet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I don't think you can choose groups until a few weeks before departure.

As to health status, we just ticked the box to say we understood the health policy,  and promptly got a green tick ! We haven't been asked to supply our QR code as yet.

There doesn't seem to any formal statement from Princess as to when we will be able to select our Arrival and Departure times, though it seems many believe it will be somewhere between 30 and 60 days out. As our next trip isn't until late November, I am expecting that our times will become selectable in late September at the earliest. Still, I quickly check every day, just in case ;o) In order to have any chance of booking the Sanctuary, we very much need to board as early as possible

As to the QR code, we're in the same situation, all other Health info/questions responded to and showing Green. I just find it quite odd that we would be classed as Green when we are missing a vital piece of info, the QR code, when it can't even be entered.

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

It could be worded as if you have completed all the info expected at any point in time from booking to check-in, you will be in the Green Lane.  If one or more key items are missing, you are assigned Blue Lane.  If anything is off or needs further discussion in Health, then you get Yellow Lane.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It could be worded as if you have completed all the info expected at any point in time from booking to check-in, you will be in the Green Lane.  If one or more key items are missing, you are assigned Blue Lane.  If anything is off or needs further discussion in Health, then you get Yellow Lane.

Been there, done that too. As we've seen, if we answer YES to having travelled internationally within 14 days we're literally called "Unwell" and yellow flagged.

And you're doubtless correct that we can be considered as Green without the vaccination docs uploaded since  the app won't allow them to be uploaded at this time. Once that feature is turned on and we are able to upload them,  I would expect we would turn Health Status yellow until we uploaded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

It is weird... mine shows Green lane at the top of the page but Blue lane further down. They sure know how to confuse people!

31 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We are currently in Blue Line and have everything completed except for health declaration which you dont do until 24hrs before cruise so I assume once that is filled in we will enter the Green Lane.

Is your cruise this weekend?  I'd look through everything for you and cabinmate and see if something else is missing.  You can answer the health questions in advance and then re-certify.  If you have entered nothing there, and all else is good, that could be the answer.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Is your cruise this weekend?  I'd look through everything for you and cabinmate and see if something else is missing.  You can answer the health questions in advance and then re-certify.  If you have entered nothing there, and all else is good, that could be the answer.

No not until 9th September.

19 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We are currently in Blue Line and have everything completed except for health declaration which you dont do until 24hrs before cruise so I assume once that is filled in we will enter the Green Lane.

I pondered this as we were blue, but did complete the health questionnaire and went straight to the green lane. I intend to go in and refresh/ update the declaration within 24 hours of sailing....just in case this is what they might need?!

Also for people waiting for their cabin assignment, we were confirmed 19 days prior to sail date. Happy with what they have given us too.👍

Edited by alpha whiskey
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

I pondered this as we were blue, but did complete the health questionnaire and went straight to the green lane. I intend to go in and refresh/ update the declaration within 24 hours of sailing....just in case this is what they might need?!

Also for people waiting for their cabin assignment, we were confirmed 19 days prior to sail date. Happy with what they have given us too.👍

Seems a shambles. We have cruises in March and August and have entered exactly the same info for both. We are green lane for March and blue lane for August.

We are in Australia and the option for the Medallion shipping is the USA or some other place (I've forgotten but I think maybe Puerto Rico) and the other option to collect at port is greyed out so you can't select it.

I have cruised with Princess and have been on Medallion cruises before so nothing surprises but if you were knew to Princess and copped this crap you would wonder just what hillbilly line you had booked with. 

• Like 1

My cruise is August 22. People on my roll call reported being able to get an arrival group June 23. That was 60 days before the cruise. I had trouble with the medallion app and had to call to get an arrival group. I did not book the cruise until this week. The rep was able to get me in Group B, which starts at noon, although she originally said the earliest group was 1:00. 

My problems with the app included the inability to accept the passage contract and Covid-19 form. Once I reloaded the app and accepted them, my status changed from blue line to green line.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 6:02 AM, lx200gps said:

There doesn't seem to any formal statement from Princess as to when we will be able to select our Arrival and Departure times, though it seems many believe it will be somewhere between 30 and 60 days out. As our next trip isn't until late November, I am expecting that our times will become selectable in late September at the earliest. Still, I quickly check every day, just in case ;o) In order to have any chance of booking the Sanctuary, we very much need to board as early as possible

As to the QR code, we're in the same situation, all other Health info/questions responded to and showing Green. I just find it quite odd that we would be classed as Green when we are missing a vital piece of info, the QR code, when it can't even be entered.

It's now 34 days until our cruise and just picked our arrival group. Funny thing is I just got our QR code which says blue line but just below that where the checks are located it tells me to go to the green line.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Explorer2316 said:

I pops up on the medallion app a week or so before the cruise, if you are ready.

I'm in the green lane...my ipad shows the QR code but my Iphone does not and nothing I do seems to bring it up.  Is the QR code really necessary to board?

The last Princess cruise I was on they scanned the QR code to bring up my details. I suspect they can also do this manually. If you live outside of North America it is impossible to get into the “Green Line” due to the fact that this line requires the medallion to have been posted to you. This “Green” line should more accurately be called the “Americans Only Line” 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Therese S. said:

I'm in the green lane...my ipad shows the QR code but my Iphone does not and nothing I do seems to bring it up.  Is the QR code really necessary to board?

I suspect it isn't but it's the only thing I have to show that I'll be on that ship. 

We just boarded the Sky!

The Sky is docked at the Carnival port and this port it's really nice!

Surprise, there are 3 lines, green, blue, and elite/platinum/club class/suite.

Obviously I’m on both segments so depending on the time of day and my state of inebriation I may not respond as normal. Thanks in advance for your patience. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

I often wonder why old threads get hauled out of oblivion.  When it comes to the tech and app and procedures, things change and what was in 2021 is not much relevant today.  My suggestion is to start a new thread.  

There's another one with title suggesting PCL is moving to once-per-day cabin service by Stewart.  This was debunked back when the thread started, but there it is again resurrected. 

9 hours ago, Goodb366 said:

The last Princess cruise I was on they scanned the QR code to bring up my details. I suspect they can also do this manually. If you live outside of North America it is impossible to get into the “Green Line” due to the fact that this line requires the medallion to have been posted to you. This “Green” line should more accurately be called the “Americans Only Line” 

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Technically, the Green Line should be called "Americans and Canadians Only" line as Princess has recently started shipping up here to the Great White North

• Like 1