I have never been so excited to see a new ship as I am to see the Mardi Gras

Looks to me to be a fantastic ship that will have too many people on it. Maybe they have it figured out. If/when I cruise on her I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the "1st class" cabins which I am sure will be great with their separate bar, pool, etc. Not sure about the rest of the ship. Will have to see what people say after a few sailings.

I do not think Carnival is making a wise choice creating a class system on their ships. Know there has always been a difference between Inside Cabins and Suites but we all went to the same dining rooms, bars, pools, etc. That is changing. Maybe the "beards" as John Heald says, know what they are doing.

I'm with you! I'm booked on her in 22 days and again in both January and October of 2022.

(Plus I have a 14 day on the Pride in October of this year)

We've never sailed a ship in its inaugural season, we've always watched longingly but never even considered it before. This ship looks amazing and I'm so excited!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I do not think Carnival is making a wise choice creating a class system on their ships. Know there has always been a difference between Inside Cabins and Suites but we all went to the same dining rooms, bars, pools, etc. That is changing.

Can you please point me to more information about this? There are classes of cabins and restaurants? I would like to learn more about this. Thank you. 

9 hours ago, codeyell0 said:

I'm really excited to see what the street eats has. 

I am going to have to diet before so when i gain 30lbs it wont be so noticeable

I just lost 14 pounds for my 8-14 cruise hopefully it’s enough lol!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jelly_Toast said:

Can you please point me to more information about this? There are classes of cabins and restaurants? I would like to learn more about this. Thank you. 

This ship has different themed sections but not classes. Still same dining rooms for everyone and specialty dining.
Carnival still has IMO the best and most free restraints or places to eat compared to anyone.  
MSC does this with the yacht clubs where only YC member can eat in YC dining rooms

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Looks to me to be a fantastic ship that will have too many people on it. Maybe they have it figured out. If/when I cruise on her I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the "1st class" cabins which I am sure will be great with their separate bar, pool, etc. Not sure about the rest of the ship. Will have to see what people say after a few sailings.

I do not think Carnival is making a wise choice creating a class system on their ships. Know there has always been a difference between Inside Cabins and Suites but we all went to the same dining rooms, bars, pools, etc. That is changing. Maybe the "beards" as John Heald says, know what they are doing.

Maybe theyre attempting to make a Yacht Club area like MSC has. Passengers in those cabins have their own seperate MDR etc. They dont have to rub elbows with the great unwashed.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I agree - we are booked on Mardi Gras for April 2022, but as soon as Carnival opened bookings up again recently, I booked the Aug 21st sailing too.  We just can't wait.

When in April will you be sailing?  We booked April 9.....can't come fast enough!

I agree.  Has everything I have been begging for and more.  Amazing and beautiful ship.  They hit it out of the park... big time.  The videos get my really excited about cruising again.

Mardi Gras 2022

Celebration 2023

Booked!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, codeyell0 said:

This ship has different themed sections but not classes. Still same dining rooms for everyone and specialty dining.
Carnival still has IMO the best and most free restraints or places to eat compared to anyone.  
MSC does this with the yacht clubs where only YC member can eat in YC dining rooms

Carnival Excel suites look amazing.  There is only one area that is restricted to Excel suite guests only (other than daily cabana rentals) and that is Loft 19.  To me, it is similar to the Havana restricted areas. The extra benefits aren't much more than Platinum benefits.  There is free room service and movie rentals.  Unless they expand the room service menu to include delivery from the MDR or other venues, it is a limited benefit.  Excel suites don't have a private dining room or lounge.  Celebrity has The Retreat, RCCL has Royal Suite Class, NCL has The Haven, and MSC has the Yacht Club.  These areas are truly a separate class system within the ship with many enhanced benefits and amenities along with a premium price tag.