Dinner reservations and other Haven questions

ElizaSTN

Hi all!  We’re booked on the Escape in February - a group of 12, with 2 Haven cabins and 3 club level suites.  A few logistical questions, assuming things are back to “normal” by that time (a big “if”, I realize.)

• Do online dinner reservations open early for Haven guests?  I thought that was the case, but the NCL website wasn’t clear.  If so, will I be able to reserve for all 12 of us (I’m in a Haven cabin.)
  • if not, will the land-based concierge be able to assist?  I would really like to have a couple of group dinners set in advance since we’re celebrating 2 big birthdays. 
  • Is the Teppanyaki restaurant usually open for dinner on embarkation day?
  • is the lunch menu at the Haven restaurant on embarkation day the regular Haven lunch menu?

TIA!

are you asking about making  dinner reservations for 12 at any restaurant, or specifically the haven.

if youre asking about the haven, please note i've been raked over the coals on this topic.

the haven amenities, only apply and are available only to guests staying in haven suites. your friends staying inthe club suites probably wont be allowed into the haven restaurant.

club suites are just renamed mini-suites and dont get the same goodie package as the haven guests.

this will probably also mean that while the people in the haven suites will get priority boarding, those inthe  club will not.

whenever we've had a haven, there is a specially designated area where you can sit down, have some snacks and your butler or concierge takes you directly to the haven restaurant. if he's in a good mood, or maybe slip him some $$$ he may let your friends join you (chances however are extremely unlikely)

the haven menus, for all meals do not change throughout the course of the sailing. breakfast choices are amazing.

i believe haven guests can make dinner reservation 120 prior to sailing. if you want teppanyaki, i suggest you make the reservations as soon as possible as there are only 3-4 seatings a night, and limited space.

all that being said, all is not lost. it is my understanding that even though non-haven guests will not be allowed into the haven bar, restaurant or pool area, they are allowed to be brought into your rooms

and you can have your dinner party in your room, just arrange it with your butler or concierge.

i hope this helped you out

30 minutes ago, ElizaSTN said:

Hi all!  We’re booked on the Escape in February - a group of 12, with 2 Haven cabins and 3 club level suites.  A few logistical questions, assuming things are back to “normal” by that time (a big “if”, I realize.)

• Do online dinner reservations open early for Haven guests?  I thought that was the case, but the NCL website wasn’t clear.  If so, will I be able to reserve for all 12 of us (I’m in a Haven cabin.)
  • if not, will the land-based concierge be able to assist?  I would really like to have a couple of group dinners set in advance since we’re celebrating 2 big birthdays. 
  • Is the Teppanyaki restaurant usually open for dinner on embarkation day?
  • is the lunch menu at the Haven restaurant on embarkation day the regular Haven lunch menu?

TIA!

130 days for reservations and shows. 

The pre-concierge typically can’t do much more than you can do yourself. 

Teppanyaki is open every night. 

The Haven menu never changes. If the Haven restaurant is not busy, you can pay for guests. Won’t be able to do that on embarkation day. And non-Haven passengers are not welcome in the Haven other than your room. No lounge. No bar. No pool. No sundeck. 

Sorry, I should have specified....I meant making reservations at the other specialty restaurants, NOT at the Haven Restaurant.  I understand that the Haven Restaurant is only for Haven guests, and would not expect the whole group to be allowed in.

We’d like to eat as a group in Le Bistro, Bayamo and Teppanyaki.  

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

130 days for reservations and shows. 

The pre-concierge typically can’t do much more than you can do yourself. 

Teppanyaki is open every night. 

The Haven menu never changes. If the Haven restaurant is not busy, you can pay for guests. Won’t be able to do that on embarkation day. And non-Haven passengers are not welcome in the Haven other than your room. No lounge. No bar. No pool. No sundeck. 

Reservations have now been changed to 120 days versus 130 days for haven guests..

Teppanyaki might not be your best choice, because of the way they are set up around the grill, you can only get 8 at a table no matter what.  Your group would have to be split in two.  That might be OK with you, I don't know.  If all 12 want to sit together, I would pick one of the other restaurants.  

Planning for a Group needs to be done in advance as much as possible

using all the pre-concierge tools available !

Being in the Haven or a Suite - - -

The day of boarding and sailing you will meet your Butler and possibly 

the ships Concierge at that time get together with them and lay out your

unfinished dining and show reservations right then and there so they

can do their magic getting those difficult reservations or an alternative.

Have something booked that is in conflict - time is now to make the change

advise the C or B what you have booked.

Not all reservations are booked full 120-130 days in advance - there are

some hold-backs to allow the Concierge and restaurant staff to best

use the available space with priority to Haven and Suite guests.

For the general public the day of boarding/sailing the on board Reservation

desks are overwhelmed and frequently a remote location is set up with

several staff members having laptops taking reservations and discussing

how you want to use any Specialty dining perks. Find out where that location

is and proceed hence forth right away to get the best times you require.

Worse Last case scenario visit the restaurant you wish to dine at and talk

with the Maitre 'D or lead head host/ess about working something out.

There are cancellations and the CV19 may possibly have some adjustments

made to the capacity of the dining.

EXCEPTION Teppanyaki booking and dining times are fixed and limited -

and YES Tepp is open on sail-away day

And another note Dress Code not in force on the sail-away day to those

restaurants that have one. Still yet bikini swim suit runway apparel is not

approved at any dining facility.   

29 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

I tried for our dec cruise but couldn’t it said 120 days

It looks like the 120 day requirement may only apply to certain Trans Atlantic sailings, our December Getaway and the November Epic, from what I've seen so far. We will have to wait and see what happens at 120 days. I'm not too concerned, the Getaway is far from full capacity at this point in time.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, Hadacareer said:

I tried for our dec cruise but couldn’t it said 120 days

Pro Tip: If you “know” that you should be able to do something (like book at 130, 125, 120) don’t rely on the online system to always open on time. Pick up the phone and make your reservations with an agent. The pros will be doing that, gobbling up all of the good times. 

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pro Tip: If you “know” that you should be able to do something (like book at 130, 125, 120) don’t rely on the online system to always open on time. Pick up the phone and make your reservations with an agent. The pros will be doing that, gobbling up all of the good times. 

Good point..I tried that and was told had to wait..oh well my 120 days opens tomorrow so plan to do it first thing (I am on east coast) not too worried, we are in the haven I am sure they will fix it

1 hour ago, Hadacareer said:

Good point..I tried that and was told had to wait..oh well my 120 days opens tomorrow so plan to do it first thing (I am on east coast) not too worried, we are in the haven I am sure they will fix it

Except for the Teppanyaki can't book the exact time desired - book something close and you

being in the Haven when on board have the Concierge or Butler change/adjust the time.

I believe the NCL booking computer operates on Eastern Time Zone time - plan accordingly.

Reservations agents may not be fully staffed at the midnight hour encountering wait times.