Iona Promenade Deck

margo2011

I am reading that the port side, aft, of the sunset bar is a smoking area. This is causing issues with people in cabins above because of smoke and noise when people late at night talk and doors banging.

I am not opening a can of worms on smoking but it would seem that it is not the place to have a smoking area if it disturbs people on balconys and disturbs sleep.

• Like 7

What on Earth were they thinking with this design.

This has put a very sour taste in my mouth as I await allocation of a GF balcony for a November sailing.

Looks like it’s odds on to be one of the bad ones, and fares have risen sharply since booking.

My fault for not interpreting the deck plans correctly, assuming it would be a split level deck.

11 hours ago, CruisingConnor said:

This has put a very sour taste in my mouth as I await allocation of a GF balcony for a November sailing.

Looks like it’s odds on to be one of the bad ones, and fares have risen sharply since booking.

My fault for not interpreting the deck plans correctly, assuming it would be a split level deck.

Actually not your fault, there was no way of knowing until now how the cabins on Deck 8 would be affected. It was hard to imagine what they would be like until the shakedown cruise.

Edited by Cathygh

• Host Sharon changed the title to Iona Promenade Deck
11 hours ago, CruisingConnor said:

One thing, and one thing only I’m afraid - profit.  Every square metre is designed to maximise profitability, and you can’t blame them for that - it’s why they exist.

It may also mean unhappy customers though, and that’s never a good thing.

We have never cruised with P and O before, have always been with Celebrity for many years and have found the booking process quite depressing. We originally booked a GZ cabin for £6500 as that was all that was available. When we saw a conservatory suite available we phoned P and O to see if we could upgarde like we do at Celebrity. This was not an option we would have to book again which we did at £9582. Did we want to cancel the other booking the lady asked, Iexplained what is the point if we are going to lose our deposit, so I kept them both with a view to deciding which cabin to take in the light of the prevailing covid protocol at payment time in September. We were horrified to see our allocated cabin on deck 8 so have no intention of paying for that. Having then checked prices we have now booked a GD cabin on deck 14 for £5602. So we now have the choice of 3 cabins and the loss of two deposits but we are very happy with our latest one. What a farce!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chrisstew007 said:

We have never cruised with P and O before, have always been with Celebrity for many years and have found the booking process quite depressing. We originally booked a GZ cabin for £6500 as that was all that was available. When we saw a conservatory suite available we phoned P and O to see if we could upgarde like we do at Celebrity. This was not an option we would have to book again which we did at £9582. Did we want to cancel the other booking the lady asked, Iexplained what is the point if we are going to lose our deposit, so I kept them both with a view to deciding which cabin to take in the light of the prevailing covid protocol at payment time in September. We were horrified to see our allocated cabin on deck 8 so have no intention of paying for that. Having then checked prices we have now booked a GD cabin on deck 14 for £5602. So we now have the choice of 3 cabins and the loss of two deposits but we are very happy with our latest one. What a farce!

You could transfer the other two to any future cruise you fancy at no extra cost, including summer 2023 which should go on sale in September or October.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You could transfer the other two to any future cruise you fancy at no extra cost, including summer 2023 which should go on sale in September or October.

That is an option I had not considered. We have booked already for Christmas 2022. Might be worth a look.Thanks.

Interestingly if you try to book online on G138, choose a Select fare, the cheapest balcony option, and then try to pick your own cabin, it will not let you pick Deck 8.

I wonder if Deck 8 will be for Saver fares only, even though they are shown as the same grade of cabin.

2 hours ago, CruisingConnor said:

Interestingly if you try to book online on G138, choose a Select fare, the cheapest balcony option, and then try to pick your own cabin, it will not let you pick Deck 8.

I wonder if Deck 8 will be for Saver fares only, even though they are shown as the same grade of cabin.

There are cabins available on deck 8, but you have to change the section to “Forward” at first before deck 8 shows as a available (all these cabins are for/For-Mid….. which is easier said than done as P&O section selector is STILL broken weeks later and is all corrupted as you’ll see on the highlighted picture.

81B5EB4C-1947-46B3-8B60-F6DC2497C505.jpeg

FBB49E2C-C25F-49A5-A7D8-2D59301284D3.jpeg

D7DB551B-94EC-4C2F-9CFB-DC95C27C7928.png

Edited by rattla

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, southamptoncruisers said:

Just been upgraded to cabin 8341 from an inside on the saver fare. Northern Europe cruise in February I don't think that too many people will be sunbathing outside the balcony. 

Good result.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, southamptoncruisers said:

Just been upgraded to cabin 8341 from an inside on the saver fare. Northern Europe cruise in February I don't think that too many people will be sunbathing outside the balcony. 

Is that a Conservatory Mini Suite? Had I booked an inside, I would be ok with that but wouldn’t be happy if this was an ‘upgrade’ from a standard balcony! 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1