Norwegian Encore – The Great Cruise Comeback Live

BirdTravels

52 minutes ago, Catmints said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed The Bird’s extensive cataloging of the first NCL Alaskan Cruise! We sail September 11th…. My one question.. where are all the other guests?! Every place looks so empty! Certainly not a complaint 😆 but just an observation from all these amazing photos! 

It is a ghost ship. Capacity of 1 (The Bird)

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, jeno said:

Are there any unvaccinated kids that are too young for vaccination on the cruise? Or are the ship passengers and crew 100% vaccinated? 

NCL is running 100% vaccinated cruises for a couple of months. No kids under 12 unless they have been fully vaccinated. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Jump in the gondola, close your eyes for 4 minutes and you will be there. As shown, the gondolas run over level ground about 20’ in the air. You’re not going up a mountain like a ski resort or the Mount Roberts tram in Juneau. Just moving from one side of the forest to the other. It is really like a ride at Disneyland. 

Trust me, you’ll and the wife will be fine.

My wife and I are smiling again. Thank you so much for your comforting reply and again for the many wonderful posts and pictures! We are super excited because of all you have shown us from your trip. You are indeed a blessing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

This cruise was scheduled to visit Icy Strait Point both before and after the Skagway cancellation.  Have you read the entire thread?

I read it to mean that they cancelled Skagway rather than cancelling Icy Strait Point when they had to eliminate a port.

• Like 5

On 8/9/2021 at 12:29 AM, Heather1972 said:

I wonder if the celebration buffet is a one time thing or will be a thing for the next few cruises.

My guess it’s a one time thing but it would be nice if they did it several times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tutuwahineLV said:

whatever in the world is that zen garden/ sandbox looking bed thingie?!!  I'm intrigued, what kind of massage could you get laying in that? 

It is supposed to be their new thing. Get a massage while in the zen bed. The Bird has not tried this, but it does look comfortable. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

This cruise was scheduled to visit Icy Strait Point both before and after the Skagway cancellation.  Have you read the entire thread?

@Old & Retiredverbalized what The Bird alluded to. If we only did one port call on this cruise, it would be at Icy Strait. The dedication and ribbon cutting at the new NCL Wilderness Landing was widely publicized with Harry onboard to represent NCL to the 1400 Alaska Native shareholders of Hoonah. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

Hi Mr Bird,

Really, really, enjoying your reviews. I think I need to figure out the media thing and do a review. We are booked for the Repositioning cruise from Miami back to Seattle in Apr 2022 on the Encore. 

The burning question is when does the Encore go to Miami at the end of 2021? WE can not find any cruise for that. Going without paying passengers? 

Maybe you can milk some info from the staff. 

Great review love the pictures. 

Thank you for your time.

Don 

As far as I know, the ship will be repositioned empty. The duration exceeds the original CDC guidelines. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

If anybody ever catches me in my room watching any of that (other than bridge cam or navigation), please just throw me overboard.....

I agree with you!  We never turn on the TV - cruising is our escape from everything in the real world!

• Like 1