Norwegian Encore – The Great Cruise Comeback Live

BirdTravels

22 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I agree with you!  We never turn on the TV - cruising is our escape from everything in the real world!

I can't sleep without the TV on, so I guess it is the BBC for me seeing as no ESPN/SportsCenter . . .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

As far as I know, the ship will be repositioned empty. The duration exceeds the original CDC guidelines. 

That was my thinking also, if this virus continues. But what is weird is they have the Bliss scheduled for a PC cruise this fall on the NCL website.

Thanks 

Don

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, lks93 said:

We are booked on the Sept 4th Encore cruise to Alaska.  We are hoping to be able to see the Northern Lights.  We realize it is early... but fingers crossed.  Has anyone been on an Alaska Cruise in early September and seen the Northern Lights?

Spaceweather.com has aurora updates, maps, and even a paid service to alert you when they are happening. Lots if the info is free, so even if you don't do the paid subscription it is worth signing up and getting their free updates and announcements. I don't know how the aurora alert service might work for a cruise, but if this is important to you it would be worth looking into. Hope you get to see the lights!!

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, wacruiselover said:

Sept 4. My Bride and I will be the ones that look like the picture - except I might be a little pale and tentative. 🙂

I'm sailing the week before you. I'll pass you a cocktail on my way off the ship as you switch places with me. You've got a few more sailings before you guy for others to confirm it's not as bad as it looks. 

BirdTravels,

Love your review, Thank you. 

You mentioned Platinum Plus had a choice of water bottle, a blanket and  something else, (cant remember). We have been Platinum Plus for quite a few years and have only received 2 bottles of water. Where on your account do you select your choice? I looked at account, preference, and profile and don't see anywhere to make a selection. 

Thanks

15 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

BirdTravels,

You mentioned Platinum Plus had a choice of water bottle, a blanket and  something else, (cant remember). We have been Platinum Plus for quite a few years and have only received 2 bottles of water. Where on your account do you select your choice? I looked at account, preference, and profile and don't see anywhere to make a selection. 

Thanks

I believe this was a special "return to sailing" NCL gift, not the normal two bottles of water in your stateroom perk. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

BTW: it is not Mr. Bird. (Not picking on you Don, but before it perpetuates). 

You can call me Bird, just Bird. 

Ok, Bird. Enjoying the review. Is there any tutorial about putting pics into a review or videos.  

Thanks

Don

2 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I'm sailing the week before you. I'll pass you a cocktail on my way off the ship as you switch places with me. You've got a few more sailings before you guy for others to confirm it's not as bad as it looks.

Thanks to Bird's encouragement I think I will be fine. It actually looks pretty easy - maybe even fun! Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Norwegian Encore making her first voyage to Alaska’s Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier. There are a lot of photoshopped pictures of the Encore cruising to the glaciers, The Bird brings you the real thing. 532A4649-0832-49AA-A276-281A26F82A85.thumb.jpeg.7445f713b7a73de8ce5a85671f2c1730.jpeg 

Do you have a very long selfie stick or what?  🤔

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

BirdTravels,

Thanks

This was an August Latitudes special for returning guests. I suppose it is while supplies last. 

5 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

That was my thinking also, if this virus continues. But what is weird is they have the Bliss scheduled for a PC cruise this fall on the NCL website.

Thanks 

Don

Dont want to get us off track of the wonderful Birds review. This review is so good, it makes me feel like Im on the cruise. 

Isnt there a vote for the best review here somewhere on CC.  If so, we all need the link to vote.  This ride along is spectacular!!

And its pure speculation on our roll call but comment has been may be they swap out the Bliss ship for fall cruises to Mexico, with the Encore. 

• Like 3

wow this makes the 2nd new cruise port terminal created just for NCL and involved NCL.

Icy Point and now Ketchikan.

Carnival has done this is St Thomas and Amber Cove.

Smart move to the cruise lines to develop more ports.

To answer above, they will provide a bus or you can walk.  I think it is about 3 mins north of town

perhaps they did not have room for a sky liner.  That would be kind of neat to see