Mardi Gras on the cheap?!?

Girlincube

It has been years since I cruised…. 
tips and tricks on how to enjoy the ship-Mardi Gras and not spend much. 

like… what are those free activities, food and/or just general tips to save $$ 

yes I know most of the boat is free, just asking for those seasoned frugal members who have some tips! 

Let me rephrase. I am booked for 8/14. Got a great deal. Just looking to see what others do to enjoy the freebies on the ship 

we will be on the ship the entire time- our toddler can’t get off except for bubble excursions…. And not sure we will book any 

30 minutes ago, Girlincube said:

Let me rephrase. I am booked for 8/14. Got a great deal. Just looking to see what others do to enjoy the freebies on the ship 

we will be on the ship the entire time- our toddler can’t get off except for bubble excursions…. And not sure we will book any 

I understand that. We have bubble tours booked in amber cove and Nassau but we are staying on in Puerto Rico (for obvious reasons). We are going to explore the ship and have fun on the first port day. I have a 4 year old so we have the same dilemma.

47 minutes ago, Girlincube said:

While you are waiting to board, go onto the HUB app, log in and then make reservations for any evening you wish to go to either Cucina or Chibang.  You can only do this if you currently have YTD.  If you have early dining because of your toddler, then you can only do it on a walk up basis after 730 each evening.

The entire MDR menu is also available at either Cucina or Chibang in case you want to mix and match or in case you want lobster on specialty night. 

The breakfast MDR menu is also available each day at Cucina and a reduced buffet option is also available for breakfast each day at Pig & Anchor.  Guy's has breakfast sandwiches available, as does the JavaBlue Cafe.  Big Chicken has 3 breakfast options available till 300 pm each day.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Girlincube said:

It has been years since I cruised…. 
tips and tricks on how to enjoy the ship-Mardi Gras and not spend much. 

like… what are those free activities, food and/or just general tips to save $$ 

yes I know most of the boat is free, just asking for those seasoned frugal members who have some tips! 

I have spoken to people on cruises and they never paid anything for gratuities and tips. And it did not bother them at all.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

While you are waiting to board, go onto the HUB app, log in and then make reservations for any evening you wish to go to either Cucina or Chibang.  You can only do this if you currently have YTD.  If you have early dining because of your toddler, then you can only do it on a walk up basis after 730 each evening.

The entire MDR menu is also available at either Cucina or Chibang in case you want to mix and match or in case you want lobster on specialty night. 

The breakfast MDR menu is also available each day at Cucina and a reduced buffet option is also available for breakfast each day at Pig & Anchor.  Guy's has breakfast sandwiches available, as does the JavaBlue Cafe.  Big Chicken has 3 breakfast options available till 300 pm each day.

Thank you!  I needed this! 

How do we make reservations at Emeril? Its not online now??

2 hours ago, florida eagle said:

I have spoken to people on cruises and they never paid anything for gratuities and tips. And it did not bother them at all.

That's because they are card carrying members of the "me generation."  They should walk out on the plank on the Mardi Gras on the sky course and have their cable snap. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Girlincube said:

Thank you!  I needed this! 

How do we make reservations at Emeril? Its not online now??

You don't.  It's a walk up venue with about a dozen tables adjacent.  Breakfast is 5.00, desserts are 4.00, other items for lunch and dinner are 3.00-12.00 and seafood items are by the lb.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:59 PM, SNJCruisers said:

That's because they are card carrying members of the "me generation."  They should walk out on the plank on the Mardi Gras on the sky course and have their cable snap. 

I double that, the gratuities are for the hard working stewards in our rooms.

• Like 1