Just off Britannia, my thoughts and happy to try and answer questions

debsjc

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

They will look at your phone, or the printed form and ask you the same questions again before you check in. If they don't like the photos you uploaded, they will take them again. 

When do you upload your photo, is it when you fill in the health documents 

Just now, L751 said:

When do you upload your photo, is it when you fill in the health documents 

When you do the online check in there is a list of things to do. Like credit card, photos, personal details. That is a few weeks before you go. The health declaration is not available until 72 hours.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

When you do the online check in there is a list of things to do. Like credit card, photos, personal details. That is a few weeks before you go. The health declaration is not available until 72 hours.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

It helped that I had done a lot of prepation & printing of forms beforehand which greatly helped things - I later learned 20 passengers were turned away from the terminal due to incomplete documentation / misunderstood rules & protocols, 

Thanks for all the useful info. 
We are having a little road trip/staycation on the way down to Southampton and will not have access to a printer. The health questionnaire will arrive 3 days before the cruise and we will have left home by then. I note that you mention printing documents. Did this include the questionnaire or would we be able to show it on the phone? I’ve already printed everything else. 

They asked the health questions again in the terminal but never asked to look at them on my phone or printed documents either.

4 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

They asked the health questions again in the terminal but never asked to look at them on my phone or printed documents either.

When we got the the first deck at the terminal we told the Lady we had printed out the health declaration with the green ' cleared' flash. She didn't even look and said ' seen those, I have to go through the questions again'. I suppose there is method in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Seacations must be different then Zap, we are on Britannia's 2nd normal itinerary and I have completed the personal details and there are no photos or credit card requirements. The health declaration is there but not available yet.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Seacations must be different then Zap, we are on Britannia's 2nd normal itinerary and I have completed the personal details and there are no photos or credit card requirements. The health declaration is there but not available yet.

Our next staycation cruises is in 13 days. I filled in all the stuff on Friday. The health questionnaire won't open up until 72  hours. That's the same as our last 2. Our next 'proper' cruise is October next year. I haven't looked yet but don't expect anything is there yet. Once we get back from the next staycation cruise, we will take stock and may book another cruise,or fly cruise. If too many restrictions are still in place we will pick a green, or amber list country and fly off to the sun.

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

When we got the the first deck at the terminal we told the Lady we had printed out the health declaration with the green ' cleared' flash. She didn't even look and said ' seen those, I have to go through the questions again'. I suppose there is method in there somewhere.

Same for us. There was no pint in doing all the health declaration online, they were not interested in looking at it, and asked everything again at the port!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, debsjc said:

Same for us. There was no pint in doing all the health declaration online, they were not interested in looking at it, and asked everything again at the port!

Maybe the idea is to focus passengers' minds on the health questions in the run up to boarding, so that people aren't phased by them at the terminal?

I haven't seen the online declaration...yet.  That bundle of joy is in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Maybe the idea is to focus passengers' minds on the health questions in the run up to boarding, so that people aren't phased by them at the terminal?

I haven't seen the online declaration...yet.  That bundle of joy is in a couple of weeks.

Perhaps we could all go on strike and print nothing. That may focus their minds on the fact that P&O can do their own flipping printing as the customers ink may run out . Again.

And another thing. Predictive thought when I typed Print I really meant to say Pong.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps we could all go on strike and print nothing. That may focus their minds on the fact that P&O can do their own flipping printing as the customers ink may run out . Again.

And another thing. Predictive thought when I typed Print I really meant to say Pong.🤣

I've set aside a whole day for printing for our forthcoming staycation...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are off on Britannia tomorrow.

We are not driving so taking taxi from station. Where do we check in and have test as have seen some mentioning Ocean Terminal and some Mayflower?

Is there any signal on our mobiles or laptop to make calls or use?

Hope you see this 

Thanks 

Nina 

We are not driving so taking taxi from station. Where do we check in and have test as have seen some mentioning Ocean Terminal and some Mayflower?

Hope you see this 

Thanks 

Nina

18 minutes ago, Nina Panda said:

Hope you see this 

Thanks 

Nina

OceanTerminal, for testing and check in.

Hi just seen you have come off of this ship - please can you let us know any of the following please?

• Can anyone please advise us as soon as possible on what we need to do or take on our cruise Sunday, as not booked a holiday online before.

• It says complete health declaration 3 days before - so will do that tomorrow, but do i have to log out and in for each person to do this? Also once completed can i come out and go back in and print off?
  • Do p&o then respond by email to that health questionaire and that is what you take with you? as some information online is saying you print off and some info saying they email you.

• Also once gone in and checked in or completed health questionaire etc, can i go back in and either print or amend if need be if done something wrong, 

• I am taking it that i just check in and print/take my:
  • Travel ins doc - download NHS app for covid vaccination evidence or print off the pdf that can download -  then once checked in my e ticket - boarding pass

• Re booking entertainment etc I have heard there is an app? is this called my holiday and can only be downloaded and then picked up on ships wifi once on board to book dining, shows etc. 
  • How easy is it to book things once on board too please?

• Any information or advise greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance

Babby - i'll try and help with some of your questions

The app you do not use until you are on the ship. All your pre-departure info you complete on the P&O website, under your booking. If everyone is in one booking, you will not need to log in and out.

They ask you to print your health declaration, e-ticket and boarding pass. Although if you can't they can be done at the terminal. When you fill out the health questionnaire you will get an immediate online response saying clear, if you answer the questions correctly.
They also ask you to upload a photo for each guest if you can (again not essential) 

It is essential you have the NHS certificate (not just the vaccination card) or the NHS app showing your jabs.

Re entertainment, you should be able to book events in the main show lounge online now (in your booking)

8 hours ago, BABBY said:

Hi just seen you have come off of this ship - please can you let us know any of the following please?

• Can anyone please advise us as soon as possible on what we need to do or take on our cruise Sunday, as not booked a holiday online before.

• It says complete health declaration 3 days before - so will do that tomorrow, but do i have to log out and in for each person to do this? Also once completed can i come out and go back in and print off?
  • Do p&o then respond by email to that health questionaire and that is what you take with you? as some information online is saying you print off and some info saying they email you.

• Also once gone in and checked in or completed health questionaire etc, can i go back in and either print or amend if need be if done something wrong, 

• I am taking it that i just check in and print/take my:
  • Travel ins doc - download NHS app for covid vaccination evidence or print off the pdf that can download -  then once checked in my e ticket - boarding pass

• Re booking entertainment etc I have heard there is an app? is this called my holiday and can only be downloaded and then picked up on ships wifi once on board to book dining, shows etc. 
  • How easy is it to book things once on board too please?

• Any information or advise greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance

If you are travelling to Southampton by car and you are parking with CPS, ensure that you have printed off your vaccination documents for all passengers which must include your name date of birth and the date of your vaccinations .  There is no wifi or 4g at the testing station used by CPS.

• Thanks 1

I would also advise printing off vaccine certification. We thought screenshots of the QR code pages would be ok but P &O don’t have QR readers. If you do use screenshots make sure you have the full two pages showing all of the details. We had to log on to the NHS app - I think we did have 4G signal but either way got logged on ( after a bit of a panic when my wife forgot her password , whereas I had face recognition for my NhS app ). Other than that testing was quick ( results through in 10 mins ).

I agree with HalifaxYorksCruiser. Definitely try and get printed copies of your vaccination Certs. They were the only things apart from passports that security looked at. Didn’t even ask to see insurance details, just asked if we had insurance. We had printed the medical questionnaire and again didn’t want to see it and went through it all verbally. 

Hi - can you tell me what the selection of drinks in Brodie's was like - they used to do "The Great British Beer Menu" - I don't think they call it that now, but they always had an extensive range of bottled beers - just come off Iona and it's a very disappointing and paired down selection of drinks in all bars.

In The Crow's nest do they still do the Gin Menu?  On Iona that's been relocated to Andersons Bar - the range is very good, but Andersons is very soulless and so it's not a place you would really want to stay in.

Thanks

On 8/12/2021 at 9:11 PM, sam49 said:

I'm going on my first P & O cruise on Sunday.

I thought that the main dining room had 'sittings' but I don't have any information on my booking and everyone keeps talking about booking on the app which doesn't appear to be working properly.

Any advice?

Thanks

At the moment the main dining room is on a ‘turn up’ basis. We never had a problem getting a table and there was plants of delicious food.