Complimentary Speciality Meal

Alcairns

33 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Keep in mind the complimentary suite dinner is only offered on cruises of 6 nights or longer. 

Because they have no or few ports things are different on the U.K. Seacations, ours is 5 nights with 1 port and we have the complimentary dinner. I have seen it’s offered on the 3 & 4 night cruises with no ports.

• Like 1

I just went to the Princess website to confirm this is still a suite amenity since things may have changed ( it is) and noticed that it says  “reservations can be made on board” no mention of using the App  so maybe the reservation feature hasn’t been fully rolled out in the MedallionClass app. 

As for those who paid for a reservation and then cancelled and are concerned about a refund;  I recently had to cancel a reservation for four because I need to change to reservation for six and it took about 10-14 days for the refund to show up on my card.  I have had the same (10-14 day for refund) experience when cancelling excursions.  Your refund will show up but it may take a couple of weeks. 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, bagney said:

I just tried this and you are correct. I was actually able to book two different specialty restaurants at $0 as we are in a full suite and we got a free Specialty Dining perk when it was offered a few months back. So was able to book both nights (first night for being in a full-suite and another night with the free perk). Thank you for this info - I had tried before and just saw the charges and didn't go to the next step. My credit card was already listed but both reservations showed a $58 credit for two.

DRAT! I just tried it and didn't get the credit. Oh well, guess I'll keep waiting.

At least some progress was made, it was the first time I was actually able to get into DMW. Now, if it would just let me do the health stuff....waiting...waiting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

As for those who paid for a reservation and then cancelled and are concerned about a refund;  I recently had to cancel a reservation for four because I need to change to reservation for six and it took about 10-14 days for the refund to show up on my card.  I have had the same (10-14 day for refund) experience when cancelling excursions.  Your refund will show up but it may take a couple of weeks. 

I hope you are right because, my card still hasn’t been credited. It’s been about 5 days.  
Just called Princess an instead of getting “It’ll all work itself out” , I was told that any complimentary specialty dining reservation, whether Suite Promo or Regular Dining  Promo can’t be done on the App. She told me you will be assigned a date & time & which dining. The note will be in our cabin on the 1st day.      I told her No that people on CC were able to do it.  She didn’t give a hoot about that.  I asked why is it that the charge goes on within 2-3 minutes, but when I canceled the reservation, getting a credit on my card for the charge can’t even be done .  I told her that’s not going to fly with me.

“Give me your supervisor “.  Now I sit on hold again, for the second time. 
Its not the money it’s that I don’t want them to think I am that dum & don’t see what they are doing getting a little extra cash in there bank. 
Our cruise isn’t until this November 5, ( we are paid in full) ,so I have lots of time to fight this with them 🤨 I just hate their inconsistencies on everything.  

Grace 

4 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

I asked why is it that the charge goes on within 2-3 minutes, but when I canceled the reservation, getting a credit on my card for the charge can’t even be done .  I told her that’s not going to fly with me.

Because that's how things work between the merchant and the credit card processors.....it's always been that way.

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Because that's how things work between the merchant and the credit card processors.....it's always been that way.

Oh yes, it can be done & will be.  According to the supervisor in customer relations I talked to today, she could see Princess has issued a credit on my credit card.  She did go into my App. & tried to make the reservation for me. But,  of course,  she could tell that I would still be charged on my credit card.  This is just for everyone’s info. The supervisor said, after checking with some higher up, the way they have it set up right now , is you most likely will be charged on your credit card when you make a reservation on the App. for a specialty dining. Even though it is supposed to be complimentary, but then they will give it back to you once you are onboard in the form of onboard credit.  Unless of course , you cancel the reservation .  She said I could try every couple of days because, things on the App could change.  That lovely App.!!!