Complimentary Speciality Meal

Alcairns

We have booked a suite for our upcoming cruise. We are entitled to a complimentary meal in a speciality restaurant on the first night of the cruise. I have tried to book this on the app but they want to charge me for it? Is there way round this or should I just book it when I get on board? 

Just wait until you get onboard. If you're on a ship with a concierge for suite guests, let the concierge make your booking for you. When we had a suite on one cruise, that's what we did because we could not get through quickly on the Dine Line. He had a way to call directly to the Crown Grill to make the booking for us. 

Edited by geoherb

Sometimes there is a card in your cabin showing where they have booked you and the time; it you are OK with that then you just show up otherwise as geoherb said you have to wait until you get onboard as it can't be done ahead of time.  Another option once on board is to go to the dining room you want and book in person (assuming someone is there).

18 minutes ago, figgy1978 said:

Is that after entering your credit card?

Didn’t see the credit either, wondering if it’s because the U.K. Seacations are sold on a guaranteed cabin only basis, maybe it’s only available once a cabin has been allocated.

5 hours ago, cruiseesusee said:

We are in a suite and when I got to the last step it had a $58 credit so it booked at zero cost.

4 hours ago, franktown said:

I had no problem booking a specialty restaurant for the comped first night for being in a full suite for our February cruise as the post #4 says the last step shows a $58 dollar credit and balance due is 0.

I just tried this and you are correct. I was actually able to book two different specialty restaurants at $0 as we are in a full suite and we got a free Specialty Dining perk when it was offered a few months back. So was able to book both nights (first night for being in a full-suite and another night with the free perk). Thank you for this info - I had tried before and just saw the charges and didn't go to the next step. My credit card was already listed but both reservations showed a $58 credit for two.

Your credit card is first entered into your information in the MedallionClass™ application for your cruise.  When you book your specialty dining it will take you through the steps and when you get to the payment part of the process you will receive a credit so it will show zero dollars due and at that point it allows you to complete the reservation, free of charge.  

1 hour ago, Alcairns said:

Thanks for all the advise which is appreciated. I tried to book on the app but the only time available is 5:30. This is probably because our cruise is at the beginning of October. 

Just now, Shone216 said:

If you click on the time it will give you the option for later times for dining

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Thanks for all the advise which is appreciated. I tried to book on the app but the only time available is 5:30. This is probably because our cruise is at the beginning of October. 

You have to slowly drag the time until you see a time you like.  Kind of tricky.

5 hours ago, bagney said:

I just tried this and you are correct. I was actually able to book two different specialty restaurants at $0 as we are in a full suite and we got a free Specialty Dining perk when it was offered a few months back. So was able to book both nights (first night for being in a full-suite and another night with the free perk). Thank you for this info - I had tried before and just saw the charges and didn't go to the next step. My credit card was already listed but both reservations showed a $58 credit for two.

Glad it worked for you.

41 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

Do you have to use the comp dinner the first night?

I booked the first of the two 'free' Specialty Restaurant perks I had for a night other than the first night (full-suite perk) - I think it was the 3rd night of the cruise and it showed the credited amount of

-$58.00 for two of us. Then I did another booking for the embarkation night of the cruise (suite perk) and again, I had the $-58.00 shown. And yes as MsSoCalCruiser indicated, my credit card was already entered/on file and it actually did show but the amount owed on each was the $-58.00.We will most likely book a third night that I will actually have to pay for but won't do this until the cruise is closer and know for sure that that won't be another 'pause' (April 2022). 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:14 PM, alanasgpa said:

Do you have to use the comp dinner the first night?

If you are in a suite one of the amenities is free specialty dining the first night.  This is different than free specialty dining you may have gotten as part of another promotion which can be used as you wish any evening during your cruise.  In the past Princess would book it for you and send you a card with your time and location ( which you could change if you preferred some other time).  Now you can schedule in advance in the app. 

We are in a suite sailing 28/9 and booked Crown Grill for first evening…my card has been charged, wonder if this has anything to do with all uk cruises on a guarantee basis. I’ve cancelled the booking through the app and will wait till we get onboard

2 hours ago, Shone216 said:

We are in a suite sailing 28/9 and booked Crown Grill for first evening…my card has been charged, wonder if this has anything to do with all uk cruises on a guarantee basis. I’ve cancelled the booking through the app and will wait till we get onboard

Same thing happened to us.   We are in a suite & we have a promo for another complimentary specialty dining.  I tried doing the steps posted above, but was charged on our Credit Card, right away.  Within 3 minutes it was on our Credit Card , as a charge pending.  So I canceled the dining reservation right after.  It has never come  off our card  & now it’s a regular charge.  It kind of made me mad.  It’s like they changed that App. so they can collect some extra money here & there. If they charged our Credit Card that fast, why can’t they take the charge off that fast as soon as I canceled the reservation.    I called Princess & the rep, said “Oh it will get strengthened out eventually “. And that there is nothing she could do. So great , now I am charged for a complimentary dinner I don’t even have a reservation for.  That’s how their lovely App. is working for me .    I will be calling Princess again & this time I am not taking NO for an answer.  Or I will dispute the charge on my card. .

Edited by Ronnieslady

4 hours ago, Shone216 said:

We’re on the 17/9 sailing and have just had our cabin allocated the $58 credit then appeared and we were able to book without charge for the first night. I suggest waiting for the cabin to be allocated which for us was 4 weeks out.