On the beautiful Apex now - only 300+ Guests!

fridge

Where is everybody? 😄 Kind of weird with only 10% Capacity but we enjoy every second of it. Embarkation was a breeze and so far we love the Apex.

We usually book Sky Suites because of Luminae and the Retreat, but the 4 MDR look gorgeous and Lunch at Ocean View was great!

Happy to answer questions... 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I would have expected 800 -1000, but only 300, wow like a big private yacht I guess. Looks like with rising COVID cases people are less traveling again, especially as a large number of the guests seem to be from the US as per previous topics about APEX.

• Thanks 1

We would have been on the Apex in September, but airfare to Athens was ridiculously high a couple of months ago, so we’re on the Equinox lazing at the Sunset Bar right now. Back to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your private yacht!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fridge said:

Where is everybody? 😄 Kind of weird with only 10% Capacity but we enjoy every second of it. Embarkation was a breeze and so far we love the Apex.

We usually book Sky Suites because of Luminae and the Retreat, but the 4 MDR look gorgeous and Lunch at Ocean View was great!

Happy to answer questions... 

Who is the bartender in Retreat outdoor bar (by the pool)?

300+ is substantially less than all previous Apex sailings which were reportedly 500 - 800... is this because so many people canceled last minute? Or is the number of people who are denied embarkation because of a positive COVID test at the terminal rising?

• Like 1

Thank you so much for posting.  There has been a lot of talk about the Transatlantic sailing on October 10 (which we are booked) that it might not sail for various reasons - if you hear anything - would you please post for all us 

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy this special personalized cruise!  Thank you again!!

• Like 1

I know that airfare into Athens this summer has been outrageously expensive for most US travelers.  I have had several clients book other sailings as a result, some who booked NCL instead due to their attractive air promo and lower average fares (even with fee@sea service fees).  This could be yet another reason the ship is sailing at such reduced #s of passengers, along with RCG very liberal "Cruise With Confidence" policy allowing cancellation up to 2 days prior to departure and get FCC in lieu of penalty.

6 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thank you so much for posting.  There has been a lot of talk about the Transatlantic sailing on October 10 (which we are booked) that it might not sail for various reasons - if you hear anything - would you please post for all us 

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy this special personalized cruise!  Thank you again!!

Would also appreciate any information on the TA. 

Just posted the following in the roll call for the Apex TA. Cross posting here to make sure anyone who is following whether this trip is going to be canceled or not is informed of new (potential) developments:

FYI

Tonight I attempted to book this trip and the celebrity website three separate times refused to charge my credit card (tried two different cards). After submitting payment the page refreshed with what appeared to be some sort of order completed that said a confirmation would be emailed. If I hit the down arrow for more information I could see that the system didn't charge my card. 

Intentional? A sign that they aren't accepting more reservations right now? TA to be canceled? 

10 hours ago, Happy Clam said:

Onboard also. Next week, we’re on a B2B, will be better with 800 or so guests. But this week feels very special. Good to be back onboard, the ship is stunning, can’t believe we’ve hesitated so long before booking…:-)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Happy Clam said:

Forgot to mention that this time we booked a Sunset Veranda and therefore have no access to the Retreat 

11 hours ago, Antropos said:

300+ is substantially less than all previous Apex sailings which were reportedly 500 - 800... is this because so many people canceled last minute? Or is the number of people who are denied embarkation because of a positive COVID test at the terminal rising?

I did not see anyone beeing denied Boarding because of a positive test.

31 minutes ago, keiki40 said:

@fridge

Does the Apex call in Mykonos? If yes, are private tours allowed or is it still ship tours only?

Yes, we call Mykonos. Ship Tours only. We booked a beach Transfer since we have been to Mykonos a couple of times.