Most unlucky Royal cruiser

NancyC

About 4 years ago my Royal cruise out of San Juan was cancelled one week before sailing due to engine trouble.  Okay,disappointed, but  can’t be helped. I rebooked the cruise for March, 2020, cancelled.  Okay, Covid, not their fault.  I rebooked this cruise, Liberty of the Seas, out of Galveston, Sept. 26, 2021, cancelled.  Okay, not ready for Covid protocols.  I am cruising on Aug. 26, 2021 with Carnival out of Galveston.  I was loyal to royal before but I feel very unlucky.  If you see me on your Roll Call, you might want to consider a different cruise date.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, NancyC said:

About 4 years ago my Royal cruise out of San Juan was cancelled one week before sailing due to engine trouble.  Okay,disappointed, but  can’t be helped. I rebooked the cruise for March, 2020, cancelled.  Okay, Covid, not their fault.  I rebooked this cruise, Liberty of the Seas, out of Galveston, Sept. 26, 2021, cancelled.  Okay, not ready for Covid protocols.  I am cruising on Aug. 26, 2021 with Carnival out of Galveston.  I was loyal to royal before but I feel very unlucky.  If you see me on your Roll Call, you might want to consider a different cruise date.  

You may want to wear your lifejacket to bed every night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, NancyC said:

Don't think you are alone.  I had a cruise to Cuba that was nixed by US policy - then the replacement cruise was nixed by Covid -- twice.  Finally cruising on Navigator then ship gets changed to Freedom -- no biggie.  Just got an email yesterday stating the itinerary for Freedom has been changed.  What next?  Just expect the unexpected and roll with the punches.  These are the times we live in -- no matter which cruise line we choose. Enjoy your Carnival cruise -- hope it doesn't have a similar incident as Vista did last week. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Don't think you are alone.  I had a cruise to Cuba that was nixed by US policy - then the replacement cruise was nixed by Covid -- twice.  Finally cruising on Navigator then ship gets changed to Freedom -- no biggie.  Just got an email yesterday stating the itinerary for Freedom has been changed.  What next?  Just expect the unexpected and roll with the punches.  These are the times we live in -- no matter which cruise line we choose. Enjoy your Carnival cruise -- hope it doesn't have a similar incident as Vista did last week. 

May I ask what changed on your itinerary? We are on the Freedom the end of September, but only going to Coco Cay and Nassau. Thank you. 

15 minutes ago, vegascruiser1 said:

May I ask what changed on your itinerary? We are on the Freedom the end of September, but only going to Coco Cay and Nassau. Thank you. 

They just changed the order -- we were supposed to go to Nassau first then Coco Cay and they changed it to Coco Cay first then Nassau last.  No big deal but we are also losing an hour in Nassau.  I had paid for a shore excursion in Nassau for that first stop now I will have to go back to the drawing board.  Again, that's not really a problem but after the chain of events, I wonder what will be next...

33 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

They just changed the order -- we were supposed to go to Nassau first then Coco Cay and they changed it to Coco Cay first then Nassau last.  No big deal but we are also losing an hour in Nassau.  I had paid for a shore excursion in Nassau for that first stop now I will have to go back to the drawing board.  Again, that's not really a problem but after the chain of events, I wonder what will be next...

Thank you, anything is possible with changes now of days. After having cruises canceled I am happy to be on a ship. Enjoy your cruise. 

I keep rescheduling cancelled cruises - 19 so far.  Maybe sail soon?

Son was on first or second sailing of Crown Princess when 2nd officer did sharp turn coming out of Cape Canaveral.  Emptied pool, water in elevators, formal night glassware on floor, even slot machines turned over.  It was his first cruise.  He still cruises and is up to around 30.  Luck?  Cruise line flew them home first class, free drinks, refunded entire cruise, erased all onboard charges, and gave them a large FCC.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, LeeW said:

I keep rescheduling cancelled cruises - 19 so far.  Maybe sail soon?

Son was on first or second sailing of Crown Princess when 2nd officer did sharp turn coming out of Cape Canaveral.  Emptied pool, water in elevators, formal night glassware on floor, even slot machines turned over.  It was his first cruise.  He still cruises and is up to around 30.  Luck?  Cruise line flew them home first class, free drinks, refunded entire cruise, erased all onboard charges, and gave them a large FCC.

Looks like auto-pilot was at fault:

https://www.yourlawyer.com/accidents/cruise-ship/injury-tilted-cruise-ship-sharply/