Who buys a bit (or a bunch) of new clothes for a cruise?

no1talks

I saw this suit recently and am considering purchasing it for our next cruise so I fit in during the formal'ish night that NCL may have...or if we decide on a RCL/Carnival ship with formal nights. I am concerned the horizontal lines will make me look a bit fatter than I am (which is very). 

I did not have a successful two years losing weight. Congrats @DEWGirl and @BeCruzin!!! 

3747982_Rainbow_Stripe?wid=1200&hei=1200&op_sharpen=1

• Haha 2

Wow, I think that suit is even more "eye-catching" than the ones with flamingos/dollar bills/Christmas tree lights printed all over!

Still a step above a t-shirt printed with a tuxedo jacket on the front.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2022 at 3:29 PM, slidergirl said:

Only if you forgive me...

Working alone at the condos brings demons to attack.  The latest:  River + Sky clothing.  The Brooklyn Dress in Oasis.  Popped up on my Facebook page.  I'm resisting as best I can, but I already have a hat just like the model is wearing and I think this would look great with high-tops or booties.  Don't need it for my cruise, but I'm thinking for my grand niece's wedding...  Help!!!

UPDATE:  I ended up buying the dress for the wedding!  I just couldn't say no...

• Like 4

On 5/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I saw this suit recently and am considering purchasing it for our next cruise so I fit in during the formal'ish night that NCL may have...or if we decide on a RCL/Carnival ship with formal nights. I am concerned the horizontal lines will make me look a bit fatter than I am (which is very). 

I did not have a successful two years losing weight. Congrats @DEWGirl and @BeCruzin!!! 

A couple of years ago, there was a man who posted photos of all his suits like this; a different one each night of his cruise.  And we had tablemates who wore six different tuxedos over the course of  TA.

And yet there are men who say they can't take one pair of long pants because they would take up too much room in the suitcase (and cost at least $20).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

A couple of years ago, there was a man who posted photos of all his suits like this; a different one each night of his cruise.  And we had tablemates who wore six different tuxedos over the course of  TA.

And yet there are men who say they can't take one pair of long pants because they would take up too much room in the suitcase (and cost at least $20).

Oh I could totally do this! I do on business trips all the time, well those are suits. 

I just want to align with the dress of the evening in the most farcical way possible!

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh I could totally do this! I do on business trips all the time, well those are suits. 

I just want to align with the dress of the evening in the most farcical way possible!

Just don't wear that suit when embarking out of Florida!!! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I saw this suit recently and am considering purchasing it for our next cruise ... I am concerned the horizontal lines will make me look a bit fatter than I am (which is very). 

The dark blue stripe "makes" a waist if you (like me) don't have one.

• Like 1