Harmony of the Seas

Guest BigRoger
2 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Yep, saw it last night. ‘Sandy’ had an amazing voice, really enjoyed the show.

Really cool…. We are really looking forward to seeing it (twice!) on either the TA or the B2B med…. Glad it’s good (seen it before on RC but great to know it’s a good production).

Carole is it possible you could do me a huge favour please? Is there any way you can ask at a speciality restaurant or guest services how much the on board price is for the unlimited dining package per week please? Just trying to work through pre order or not as we have a lot of dollars in cash to use up but if it’s a stupid on board price we’ll pre book…. Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Really cool…. We are really looking forward to seeing it (twice!) on either the TA or the B2B med…. Glad it’s good (seen it before on RC but great to know it’s a good production).

Carole is it possible you could do me a huge favour please? Is there any way you can ask at a speciality restaurant or guest services how much the on board price is for the unlimited dining package per week please? Just trying to work through pre order or not as we have a lot of dollars in cash to use up but if it’s a stupid on board price we’ll pre book…. Thanks 🙏 

Yes, we’ve seen it before too, can’t remember which ship we were on though. I do recall that ‘Danny’ wasn’t too attractive, however, this one is very pleasant to look at 😁. It makes all the difference to us women you know!!

I’ll find out the price of the UDP for you. We’re currently by the pool in the blazing sun but I’ll pop down before we go back to the cabin and let you know.

Regards,

Carole

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
3 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Yes, we’ve seen it before too, can’t remember which ship we were on though. I do recall that ‘Danny’ wasn’t too attractive, however, this one is very pleasant to look at 😁. It makes all the difference to us women you know!!

I’ll find out the price of the UDP for you. We’re currently by the pool in the blazing sun but I’ll pop down before we go back to the cabin and let you know.

Regards,

Carole

Awesome… thank you… us ‘gentle’ men can relate too (not to Danny though!)….. as my DW will testify I took quite a shine to Scaramouche in WWRY particularly on the 8 nighter when they did an ‘in concert’ show as themselves rather than the show characters and she was wearing a particularly ‘fetching’ silver spangly (very) little number and the highest sliver stripper boots I’ve ever seen….. how she could walk I do not know…. She was also brilliantly talented too….

Edited by BigRoger

6 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Hi Roger, just spoken to GS. Onboard price for the UDP is $29 pppd. Hope this helps.

Thought I’d mention though, I know food is subjective but we’ve found the MDR has been better than usual. Perhaps improvements have been made due to Windjammer being closed for dinner 🤷‍♀️.

Regards,

Carole

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Roger, just spoken to GS. Onboard price for the UDP is $29 pppd. Hope this helps.

Thought I’d mention though, I know food is subjective but we’ve found the MDR has been better than usual. Perhaps improvements have been made due to Windjammer being closed for dinner 🤷‍♀️.

Regards,

Carole

Smashing really appreciate this…. Interestingly we’d not eaten in the MDR for years but did on the second week on Anthem…. We felt the same - it was a lot better than we (sort of) remembered and others reported…. We’d been in coastal kitchen the week before and whilst there was as a ‘difference’ we never struggled to really enjoy dinner in MDR (and breakfast)…

So what’s been the highlight for you? And how’s its been compared to your time on MSC?

Can anyone confirm that the balconies on Harmony do not have outside lighting?  Noted that while watching a YouTube video of our OS.  If this is still the case, I’ll need to bring some type of battery operated lights.  I love to sit on the balcony late at night.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, FionaMG said:

It appears to be. It is showing on the app for the current week's sailing, with several performances over the course of the week.

Can someone who is cruising now Download the Cruise Compass here or on  the royalcarribeanblog.com pretty please.....

2 hours ago, bnoble1967 said:

Can someone who is cruising now Download the Cruise Compass here or on  the royalcarribeanblog.com pretty please.....

As Steeler Nation At Sea has said, they have been provided previously, however, if you require this week’s, I’ll be happy to post them on here in the next couple of days. Unfortunately, they’re currently at the bottom of my suitcase ready for the journey home tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poocher said:

Can anyone confirm that the balconies on Harmony do not have outside lighting?  Noted that while watching a YouTube video of our OS.  If this is still the case, I’ll need to bring some type of battery operated lights.  I love to sit on the balcony late at night.

I’m on Harmony at present in an Ocean View Balcony cabin. Although strictly speaking there isn’t any outside lighting, there is a strip light which runs the length of the curtain pelmet just inside the balcony doors which sheds ample light onto the outside space. I’ve attached a pic I’ve just taken with only the strip light on to give you an idea of how bright it is on the balcony.

084BF53E-5090-4698-AFDF-AB1C15AE88F5.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’m on Harmony at present in an Ocean View Balcony cabin. Although strictly speaking there isn’t any outside lighting, there is a strip light which runs the length of the curtain pelmet just inside the balcony doors which sheds ample light onto the outside space. I’ve attached a pic I’ve just taken with only the strip light on to give you an idea of how bright it is on the balcony.

Is the curtain good at blocking this light and light from outside? Also is the glass doors good at blocking out outside noise ? waves, etc

4 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Smashing really appreciate this…. Interestingly we’d not eaten in the MDR for years but did on the second week on Anthem…. We felt the same - it was a lot better than we (sort of) remembered and others reported…. We’d been in coastal kitchen the week before and whilst there was as a ‘difference’ we never struggled to really enjoy dinner in MDR (and breakfast)…

So what’s been the highlight for you? And how’s its been compared to your time on MSC?

We like CK too, unfortunately we didn’t get to use it this cruise as we weren’t in a suite. Although tbh, we’ve been perfectly happy in a standard Ocean View Balcony cabin and DH has really appreciated the money we’ve saved lol. 

With regard to highlights and comparisons with MSC, I’ll post a full response after I get home. However, I can say that Royal wins hands down in most areas but not all.

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Thank you, that looks more than sufficient.  Just want to be able to sit out & have a conversation.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard of Australian and New Zealand booking for all international cruises up till 17th December being cancelled?

We were booked on 21st October from Rome with the rest of our family who live in Switzerland and UK. We cancelled our part of the booking (we're in Australia) but not the others. Seems a bit mean if they can't go just because the booking was made from here. Can't ring till Monday

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, the Aussie government extended the cruise ban till then. 

Yes but that is cruises not allowed into Australia. This was for "all Australian and New Zealand bookings on international voyages" which effectively means if you've booked ANY cruise from here. Or that is our interpretation. 

10 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Awesome… thank you… us ‘gentle’ men can relate too (not to Danny though!)….. as my DW will testify I took quite a shine to Scaramouche in WWRY particularly on the 8 nighter when they did an ‘in concert’ show as themselves rather than the show characters and she was wearing a particularly ‘fetching’ silver spangly (very) little number and the highest sliver stripper boots I’ve ever seen….. how she could walk I do not know…. She was also brilliantly talented too….

I feel the same about Victoria, Casandra, Bombalarina, Demeter, etc....😻

But I am a big fan of their costumes 

Edited by John&LaLa

@CaroleC Thanks for your comments this week. We are one week out and the information has been very helpful. 

I am particularly pleased to hear that the MDR food has been good as it was less than stellar on our last two cruises with these same menus.

Safe home. ☺️

• Thanks 1

Guest BigRoger
7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I feel the same about Victoria, Casandra, Bombalarina, Demeter, etc....😻

But I am a big fan of their costumes 

I guess there has to be some redeeming features of cats….. there’s not much else…..