Any Vista Updates?

bobbismith

What is the latest with the Vista and positive cases?

Does anyone have any updates on protocols? With Delta super contagious but only effecting vaccinated people minorly, I hope they do not shut down businesses again.

Thanks, Bobbi

2 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

Every story I see about Vista, including one just this morning, is the same story from a couple of days ago with no new news or increase in numbers. 

One story said no new cases since last weekend. This story has grown old. 

• Like 2

I did a search this morning trying to find a story about anyone, pax or crew, that died of COVID on the Vista and could not find one.  That is not to say that it did not happen, I don't know, but it is not on the mainstream news.  I did find this about a Carnival officer dying of COVID but that was not on the Vista and it occurred on June 30.  RIP to the officer.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2021/06/articles/maritime-death/senior-officer-for-carnival-cruise-line-dies-of-covid-19/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bobbismith said:

What is the latest with the Vista and positive cases?

Does anyone have any updates on protocols? With Delta super contagious but only effecting vaccinated people minorly, I hope they do not shut down businesses again.

Thanks, Bobbi

The ship sailed yesterday as scheduled.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

How are you enjoying carnival and your suite vs princess?

A somewhat different experience from our cabin outward than on Princess. Not bad at all, just different. 
Princess certainly provides more suite perks than does Carnival but the idea was just to get back on the water. 
Very friendly pax on this cruise and a different demographic than Princess. Again, neither wife nor I find anything wrong with any of this, just a bit different. 
While we miss the suite perks and Club Class dining, we are enjoying the Havana Club. 
And we are BACK ON THE WATER!!! YAY. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

A somewhat different experience from our cabin outward than on Princess. Not bad at all, just different. 
Princess certainly provides more suite perks than does Carnival but the idea was just to get back on the water. 
Very friendly pax on this cruise and a different demographic than Princess. Again, neither wife nor I find anything wrong with any of this, just a bit different. 
While we miss the suite perks and Club Class dining, we are enjoying the Havana Club. 
And we are BACK ON THE WATER!!! YAY. 😃

I find the demographics out of texas to be more down home friendly than florida, especially Miami who attracts a lot from overseas generally.

It would be nice to just enjoy the ocean... glad you are able to have Havana.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, travelgma said:

Saw on another site that one passenger died.

Is that the one that was taken off the ship in Belize? There's an fb posting (screenshot). I was able to come up with a ***** created aug 6 page matching it, but that's as far as I could actually find. 

1 hour ago, sammee said:

Is that the one that was taken off the ship in Belize? There's an fb posting (screenshot). I was able to come up with a ***** created aug 6 page matching it, but that's as far as I could actually find. 

Aug 6 would have been on the first of the two cruises and before the ambulance chaser's timeline.

Cruise Law on Facebook posted this…"Passenger Infected With COVID-19 on Carnival Vista and Abandoned By Carnival in Belize Dies After Returning to U.S." 

Marilyn Tackette, a 77 year old retired Sunday school teacher in Oklahoma dies of COVID-19 while Carnival Cruise Line falsely claims it's handling "small number" of cases on cruise ship . . .

51 minutes ago, cruzemaven said:

Cruise Law on Facebook posted this…"Passenger Infected With COVID-19 on Carnival Vista and Abandoned By Carnival in Belize Dies After Returning to U.S." 

Marilyn Tackette, a 77 year old retired Sunday school teacher in Oklahoma dies of COVID-19 while Carnival Cruise Line falsely claims it's handling "small number" of cases on cruise ship . . .

Abandoned? She needed more medical attention than a cruise ship could provide. I can't imagine what the title might read if Carnival didn't try to get her the help she needed.

27 cases out of thousands of crew and passengers over 2 cruises seems like a small number to me.

Meanwhile Carnival Vista has left Roatan and on the way to Belize.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Abandoned? She needed more medical attention than a cruise ship could provide. I can't imagine what the title might read if Carnival didn't try to get her the help she needed.

Yep. That’s the ambulance chaser I refused to link to. Such sensatonalist language; I agree, it’s not an abandonment to get a passenger needing substantial medical care off a ship.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Yep. That’s the ambulance chaser I refused to link to. Such sensatonalist language; I agree, it’s not an abandonment to get a passenger needing substantial medical care off a ship.  

^^^^^This! 

• Like 1

just got off Vista this morning- did not hear anything about Covid other than the crew members that had tested positive a couple of weeks ago were quarantined in inside cabins for 20 days

from what I saw, if Covid is on ship it is coming from a passenger- the crew was constantly cleaning, wiping down, mopping trying to keep up (had one try to clean my table twice in 5 minutes), even had crew at times by the elevators pushing the buttons wearing gloves then wiping the buttons.

the passengers were supposed to be masked inside at all areas but still seen several with no masks, even on elevators. The enforcement was spotty but I guess they cant be everywhere at once. Some passengers were real good about wearing them but there are always the few- hope they dont ruin it for everyone else

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MoTex said:

just got off Vista this morning- did not hear anything about Covid other than the crew members that had tested positive a couple of weeks ago were quarantined in inside cabins for 20 days

from what I saw, if Covid is on ship it is coming from a passenger- the crew was constantly cleaning, wiping down, mopping trying to keep up (had one try to clean my table twice in 5 minutes), even had crew at times by the elevators pushing the buttons wearing gloves then wiping the buttons.

the passengers were supposed to be masked inside at all areas but still seen several with no masks, even on elevators. The enforcement was spotty but I guess they cant be everywhere at once. Some passengers were real good about wearing them but there are always the few- hope they dont ruin it for everyone else

We concur. Still onboard for the second half of our B2B. 

Crew has been doing a great job with virus safety. Pax, NOT so much. Lots of mask “chin wearers”. 

Only ONCE during the past week did we see anyone admonish a pax about putting their mask on correctly. And that was last week in the terminal during embarkation. The crew onboard, the ones that we saw anyway, were absolutely silent in the subject. 

Come on people, it ain’t rocket science!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 8:47 AM, travelgma said:

Saw on another site that one passenger died.

Yes, I live in same town (Wagoner Oklahoma) as her. Had her funeral on Thursday I think it was, posted on local funeral home website. From what  I understand, she was having trouble breathing so they got her off the ship to local hospital (which is what they are supposed to do) but she didn't have travel insurance so it took a while to raise money to have her flown home. She passed away while at hospital in Tulsa, Ok. I'm still planning on cruising but not leaving home without passport and travel insurance! May be the best $100/$200 you ever spent!

• Like 1