Deck plan vs royal customer service - cabin 9068 serenade of the seas

Trying to help my brother plan his first cruise on royal.  He’ll be traveling with his wife and teenagers (all vaccinated).  I recommended cabin 9068 because the deck plan has it annotated as supporting 5 people.  Wanted to ensure a Pullman in addition to sofa bed.  Royal customer service swears there is no Pullman in that room and that it doesn’t support 5!  I checked the deck plans for the other radiance class ships and they all have 9068 as supporting 5.

Can anyone here help us get clarity on this?  It’s a spacious balcony cabin.  Thank you in advance!

Here's 9212 on Serenade. D1, superior ocean view with balcony.  This was in 2017, so category names and codes may have changed.

I never pulled out the couch, but I assume it would sleep 2.

The bed, of course, is meant for 2.

The last bed is the one in the ceiling - again, I never pulled it down, but looks like a single. The ladder is against the wall.

Hope this helps. 

It would be doable, but probably not very comfortable. 

IMG_1307.thumb.JPG.6157fab95d08fa2cf9830503597b98e8.JPG

Edited by EatonDoolittle

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When you do a mock booking on royal website for 5 guests in 1 cabin does this cabin show as available?  If yes, then you should be ok.

5 people to a OV balcony is going to very tight.  Hopefully 3 of them are small and pack light.

Pretty sure you can't do a booking on the RCL website for 5.  I think it says, "For parties of more than 4 call..."

They actually only need a room for 4, but it must have separate beds for the teen kids (boy and girl).  We do not want a double sofa bed only and it’s impossible to tell in the rooms that support up to 4.  The chart is vague on the * meaning and says it could have a Pullman or sofa bed.  You’d figure the rooms that say they support 5 would have to have a Pullman in addition.

also trying to keep them reasonably close to my and my parents cabins.

Edited by dianajo67

2 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

They actually only need a room for 4, but it must have separate beds for the teen kids (boy and girl).  We do not want a double sofa bed only and it’s impossible to tell in the rooms that support up to 4.  The chart is vague on the * meaning and says it could have a Pullman or sofa bed.  You’d figure the rooms that say they support 5 would have to have a Pullman in addition.

also trying to keep them reasonably close to my and my parents cabins.

image.png.ea1d1f114333bdd98bb25d517585fe18.png

Radiance of the Seas

I was trying to figure out what was confusing about the photo I posted , but when I looked at the current deck plans, 9212  has the asterisk, which means sleeps 4.

It was listed as sleeping 5 back in 2017. 

So, I guess the couch does not turn into a double bed in this room. But you can see how the Pullman goes all the way up during the day.

Good luck 

Thank you for the responses.  Neither my brother nor his wife want to sleep with another person on a double pull out sofa.  My family are not small people.  I’d be happy with the 9212 set up, but of course that cabin is not available to book.

I need to call royal anyways...I have 11 cruises booked and seems like I’m always on the phone with them.  I’ll quiz a different rep on the serenade deck plans and see if I can come up with a new recommendation.  My entire extended family rely on me for trip planning.  Luckily, I enjoy it....mostly!

6 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

Trying to help my brother plan his first cruise on royal.  He’ll be traveling with his wife and teenagers (all vaccinated).  I recommended cabin 9068 because the deck plan has it annotated as supporting 5 people.  Wanted to ensure a Pullman in addition to sofa bed.  Royal customer service swears there is no Pullman in that room and that it doesn’t support 5!  I checked the deck plans for the other radiance class ships and they all have 9068 as supporting 5.

Can anyone here help us get clarity on this?  It’s a spacious balcony cabin.  Thank you in advance!

9068 on Cruising power (Royals booking portal for Travel Agents) shows occupancy of 5 guest.  All std. balcony cabins with an occupancy of 5 that I have seen have a sofa bed and pullman

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

9068 on Cruising power (Royals booking portal for Travel Agents) shows occupancy of 5 guest.  All std. balcony cabins with an occupancy of 5 that I have seen have a sofa bed and pullman

Thank you!  I was hoping you would chime in on this!