CC-Suite reserve Aqualina/Prime C for every night on a 16 Day Cruise

lauterbogen

I guess the short answer is yes, you can. But do you really want to? I love the specialty restaurants, and have been eating my way the menu for going on 10 years. But every night? There are great dinners in the MDR, there are themed dinners in the Buffet. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NC&KY said:

Yeah, the menus in the specialty restaurants do not change. I think you may run out of things to order and get bored before the cruise is over.

There are actually specials on every night so it would be possible to eat 16 nights and not repeat items. However you might as others say want to enjoy a different option one night elsewhere 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lauterbogen said:

Thanks for the Infos.

is it possible to order items of the main Restaurant served in the specielty restaurants?

Possible but it’s hard for them to get it to you hot as they have to go down to the galley in deck 4 and then get it up to you on Deck 10.   I’d recommend instead if you want main restaurant food and don’t want to eat there your butler can serve it to you course by course in your suite or in the right climates your balcony 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lauterbogen said:

Thanks for the Infos.

is it possible to order items of the main Restaurant served in the specielty restaurants?

They will I'm sure do their best for you, but personally I'd feel bad doing this. As uktog says, the galley is far away and it would be inconvenient for them and you. You'll pay the $30 cover charge whatever you've ordered from the MDR menu. In my opinion, not worth doing. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I agree with what the others have said.  If you want to order off of the Discoveries menu, why not just eat there?  It's a beautiful restaurant and your food would be much hotter that way.

We tend to eat most meals in the specialties, however it's nice to eat outside too when the weather is nice.

• Like 3

The specialty restaurants have never made provision for shared tables. If you come in with another couple and you've arranged to sit together, you will be seated together of course.  But if you ask to share a table randomly and meet new people, you can't do it.  (Oceania somehow manages to accommodate table shares.) 

So although we can eat in Aqualina or Prime C without paying the cover charge when we sail in a suite, we tend to enjoy the themed buffets and main dining room and meeting fellow passengers.

• Like 1

One cruise the line to book was was so bad that I told Mario to just book me and I would cancel  with enough notice  that the table could be used. One couple had a day planner and was writing notes Anne! Also rhsnk to a captain and others I could pre order or order my main  veggie option and enjoy the view and service in Prime C! Not nightly 

We choose to eat as the noise in MDR makes it hard for my 2 hearing aid using husband to hear the conversation. We find it possible to find changes and very occasionally have asked for something off the MDR menu. We don't order all the courses and may only have 2 starters and a dessert.

We like the space and the opportunity to chat about where we have been. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lauterbogen said:

Is it possible to reserve right after embarcation for every dinner of the hole Cruise in Aqulina or Prime C ?

were booked in a CC Suite. Is that a sensfull Strategie?

Thanks for your Support 

Christof 

You're in a suite. Yes you can. We have done it. Your butler can make the reservations for you, you don't need to stand in any lines. When we board we give the butler a list of dates and which restaurant we would like each night. We like Aqualina a little more than Prime, so we usually do two nights at Aqualina and one Prime, and continue with that schedule. You can cancel or change the reservations as you see fit, but we also try to give as much notice as we can. You may want to attend the Azamazing Evening instead of a restaurant. The AE has changed from the original format, so I'm not sure how it will be on future cruises.

The MDR is fine for breakfast and lunch. We agree with MNC that the MDR is too loud during dinner. Even before Covid, the tables in A and P were nicely spaced whereas the MDR was a little crowded. And we're early to bed, early to rise people, so we were often at our table for 30 minutes before anyone else was seated anywhere near us.

The specialty restaurants are the best reason to book a suite on Azamara. I think most of the other cruise lines may give you a night or two in a specialty restaurant, but not every night. The food in both A and P are very good and the portions are not too large. On other cruise lines, when you are at a specialty restaurant they try to overfeed you so you feel like you've had your money's worth. A and P also have a small bar, so you can have your pre-dinner cocktails there, also. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Cynthia your ending comment caught my attention. You mentioned small bars at the specialty restaurants- are these nice venues to plan a pre-dinner drink say 45min+ prior to your reservation - or are other venues more conducive?

The bars are very small and often the seats are all taken, and there’s generally traffic coming in and going out, at least in prime c.  I’d maybe opt for the den or the living room

Edited by laurieb

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

The bars are very small and often the seats are all taken, and there’s generally traffic coming in and going out, at least in prime c.  I’d maybe opt for the den or the living room

I must say that if eating in Prime C or Aqualina we very often go to the Prime C bar (not the champagne bar in Aqualina). Aside from the bar stools there are also a couple of tables with low chairs by the entrance.  I've not had an issue getting a seat. It's quite fun to people watch there and a nice atmosphere. 

Phil 

• Like 1

A couple of times it was busy there, I think a couple of groups were congregating but that revealed another great option on that very rare occasion- they bring your drinks through to the library which is another lovely venue for a pre dinner drink. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, uktog said:

A couple of times it was busy there, I think a couple of groups were congregating but that revealed another great option on that very rare occasion- they bring your drinks through to the library which is another lovely venue for a pre dinner drink. 

Good to know!

I’ve never seen the bar in Aquafina open.  One time we went there and they politely asked if we could go to the bar in Prime C.  Like bar in Prime C and rarely is crowded.  Have had much more difficulty finding seat in Den.

Art

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

With Living Room the way it is now that is also a really good spot pre-dinner and there's tapas there too. We go there a lot and listen to live music too. A straight stroll back across deck 10 if the conditions are ok, or down two decks, walk the corridor and up two at the rear stairs/elevator. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

With Living Room the way it is now that is also a really good spot pre-dinner and there's tapas there too. We go there a lot and listen to live music too. A straight stroll back across deck 10 if the conditions are ok, or down two decks, walk the corridor and up two at the rear stairs/elevator. 

Phil 

My only issue with the Living Room is the noise level. With loud music, hardly the place for a quiet drink.