60 day cancellation policy?

Snowrose

I was just reading a thread where a poster stated a few days ago that they thought NCL had extended their 60 day cancellation policy through 3/31/2022. Has anyone else seen such a change? I'm asking because our January cruise requires full payment at 120 days and must purchase NCL travel insurance by that time.

We'd like to be able to hold off purchasing the travel insurance until 60 days out if possible, so we would be adding even more money to Face if we or the cruise cancelled for some reason.

• Like 1

Just did a test booking on the Gem Jan 29, 2022 sailing.  Final payment date shown is Nov 30, 2021.  If you booked directly with NCL log into your reservation, click on summary and see if the due date has been updated.

• Like 1

I never received the notice and only found out when an interested friend booked the same cruise the week after I did and mentioned that final payment for our January cruise wasn't until November. I challenged that date only to find out that the final payment date had changed. My TA requested a new confirmation so that we had the new final payment date in writing on the booking confirmation.

I'm sure that this is an attempt to spur additional bookings. And even though I have travel insurance and the ability to cancel for any reason, having additional time to decide and see where COVID is before sailing, I'm more likely to keep the reservation than cancel it.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:45 PM, wacruiselover said:

I'm on the April 30 sailing of the Bliss. Just a month past the new 60 day cancellation cutoff so I'm hoping that it will extend before our December 17th final payment date.

Thus far, it's only for cruises sailing before April 1, 2022.

image.png.906187141b80216923a71899018f294e.png

My PCC has informed me that they have decreased the final date to 30 days for cruises departing before the end of the year.

It would be nice if that was a precedent for the whole future.   If they can work on 30 days now they could do it permanently!!!

18 hours ago, casofilia said:

My PCC has informed me that they have decreased the final date to 30 days for cruises departing before the end of the year.

It would be nice if that was a precedent for the whole future.   If they can work on 30 days now they could do it permanently!!!

That was the standard in Europe a few years ago, it changed to 60 days after 2017, though it does depend on the grade of cabin you pick.  Final payment date is further out for haven and suites than it is for standard cabins.

On 8/19/2021 at 3:00 PM, casofilia said:

@Lvntrvl

Here is the detail from the website for the jade from Piraeus to Dubai 15th Nov 2021

1287674386_Jade2.png.450850e410f618e11b43b5046b07161e.png

And this one is for the Jade from Dubai to Cape Town on 3rd December 2021

874969457_Jade1.png.30d40618adafe9bf20675ae047f3e26d.png

Note the final payment date for each cruise.

Mike

Hi Mike,

DO a mock booking on  USA site and its 60 days

Steve

@mscdivina2016

G'day Steve

Weird.   Are you able to do what I did and post on here please?

Then I will send to Sydney to see what they say.

If I were in America and was thinking of booking either or both I would ask for the later final payment dates.   Why should NCL have money for a month longer than necessary.

Mike

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@mscdivina2016

G'day Steve

Weird.   Are you able to do what I did and post on here please?

Then I will send to Sydney to see what they say.

If I were in America and was thinking of booking either or both I would ask for the later final payment dates.   Why should NCL have money for a month longer than necessary.

Mike

Here it is Mike...Screenshot_20210820-192337.thumb.png.a98e2cb30c79b1697b718983618a9286.png

My January Epic sailing has been updated automatically to show a November final payment date (yeah!), but the restaurants are still showing "Please check back 09/25/2021 to book". 

Interesting thought, does that mean if we wait to make final payment, we will likely miss out on Cagney's or any good slots elsewhere?  Or do you think NCL will tighten restaurant reservations to 60 days as well?

Edited by FloatingAces

1 hour ago, FloatingAces said:

My January Epic sailing has been updated automatically to show a November final payment date (yeah!), but the restaurants are still showing "Please check back 09/25/2021 to book". 

Interesting thought, does that mean if we wait to make final payment, we will likely miss out on Cagney's or any good slots elsewhere?  Or do you think NCL will tighten restaurant reservations to 60 days as well?

They have not been doing that.

8 hours ago, FloatingAces said:

Big ship, small islands.  

Business not wanting revenue would have me thinking it won't sail.

I have one of those coming up. I hate to think about it not sailing but the evidence does not look good.

Steve