8/15 Gem from Miami Waiting for a Report

coffeebean

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Two days into the Gem cruise from Miami and not one word from anyone on board? Hubby said, "maybe the internet is out". LOL. Hope that's not the case. Would love to hear about how the experience is onboard lovely NCL Gem. Thanks.

they all have had one too many raspberry mojitos. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In lieu of any actual reports, I will note that the Gem is currently hanging out down near Punta Gorda instead of making for Harvest Caye.  Also, several Royal ships have put in at Coxen Hole, which is leeward of Grace.  I think the sheltering-from-storm-surge maneuvers are well under way.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trivimp said:

In lieu of any actual reports, I will note that the Gem is currently hanging out down near Punta Gorda instead of making for Harvest Caye.  Also, several Royal ships have put in at Coxen Hole, which is leeward of Grace.  I think the sheltering-from-storm-surge maneuvers are well under way.  

I don't sail until October...hoping for great weather but if not oh well,  I will be on a ship!!!

• Like 2

Just now, TSUmom said:

I don't sail until October...hoping for great weather but if not oh well,  I will be on a ship!!!

We're on the same cruise.  October is technically still hurricane season, but activity is usually tapering off by then.  Of course, no guarantee... there's still occasionally a late storm (see: Sandy, Wilma) but I've got my fingers crossed 🤞

38 minutes ago, Sheshefran said:

Go into the testing site. Wait to here that your test is cleared. They give you wristband and you go to check in.   We were on the ship in less than an hour. 

Thank you

FYI I just got an email from our travel agent, NCL is changing the itinerary for the Norwegian Gem on the September 5, 19 and October 3 sailings. They're skipping Amber Cove and Tortola and substituting Nassau and San Juan. Just FYI... (we're booked on the Sept 19th sailing).

Glad to hear things are going well for our friends onboard at the moment, keep having a great cruise!

2 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

Go into the testing site. Wait to here that your test is cleared. They give you wristband and you go to check in.   We were on the ship in less than an hour. 

Thank you so much for the info!  Sounds like it went well and so glad you're enjoying the cruise!

8 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

No masking on the ship.  We did not go to Costa Maya due to Grace.  We instead are in Belize city. Don’t know about tomorrow yet. I am not very computer savvy so I don’t know how to post Dailies

Thank you and no worries.

9 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

No masking on the ship.  We did not go to Costa Maya due to Grace.  We instead are in Belize city. Don’t know about tomorrow yet. I am not very computer savvy so I don’t know how to post Dailies

So  happy you're having a good cruise. I wouldn't worry about those demanding reports ... just enjoy your time on your cruise.  It just never seems long enough for me.... 

Enjoy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

Thanks for the report and hope you continue to enjoy your vacation! 

are they asking for vaccine cards or for the digital versions? I have my vaccine card, but was vaccinated in January and February. Somewhere along the line, something was not entered correctly and I cannot get the New York excelsior pass.

2 hours ago, knitlady037 said:

are they asking for vaccine cards or for the digital versions? I have my vaccine card, but was vaccinated in January and February. Somewhere along the line, something was not entered correctly and I cannot get the New York excelsior pass.

They want the actual card.  I read on another site you can try to get another card from the place you got your original vaccine.  It was in response to someone that lost their card.  Maybe they can fix your issue.  I got mine in February too.

15 minutes ago, Janicept said:

They want the actual card.  I read on another site you can try to get another card from the place you got your original vaccine.  It was in response to someone that lost their card.  Maybe they can fix your issue.  I got mine in February too.

I'm in Ontario Canada, and they don't give out cards. We got nothing for the 1st vaccine and a paper print out like the tape from a cash register for the second one, but they did send us PDFs to our emails showing both vaccines. Hope that won't cause problems.

13 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

I'm in Ontario Canada, and they don't give out cards. We got nothing for the 1st vaccine and a paper print out like the tape from a cash register for the second one, but they did send us PDFs to our emails showing both vaccines. Hope that won't cause problems.

You need to go online and get one that has the watermark. The watermark one is the official vaccination receipt, not the one they sent you via email. Link: https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/

• Thanks 1