72 hours, or 3 days. They are not the same. What is the testing requirement?

beltsbear

Celebrity says it accepts this at home test with video supervision:

I tried the at-home Covid-19 test that Royal Caribbean accepts | Royal Caribbean Blog

I bought two test kits for $76.00.

"More on Abbott Brand Tests

Abbott tests have become a popular and commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s acceptable.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. They must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test, which is taken at home and supervised by a telemedicine professional, is accepted. It must be taken under live video supervision.
  •  The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test, which is taken at home and not supervised by a medical professional, is NOT accepted.

7 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I ordered the at home video supervised test and will receive it in a few days.  

Did the same!  Got them in the mail today.  This is such a relief.  Testing appointments for both PCR and antigen are hard to come by here in Florida, with no guarantee of results in time. 

I finally started packing 😀 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rick-n-MeMe said:

Where have you found the Abbott BinaxNow Ag cards online?  

They have them on Amazon but saying 1-3 weeks delivery.

I bought some and got them at 2 weeks.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Ok, I know I am going bonkers...

Celebrity accepts either a PCR/NAAT test

OR

An antigen test aka a rapid antigen test

So....is the 2nd one OK? It's available thru CVS and described as this on their website: Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen) 

Molecular lab test PCR/NAAT

The most accurate test available.

Rapid-result test

Reliable for people who are recently infected or with symptoms.

3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Ok, I know I am going bonkers...

Celebrity accepts either a PCR/NAAT test

OR

An antigen test aka a rapid antigen test

So....is the 2nd one OK? It's available thru CVS and described as this on their website: Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen) 

Molecular lab test PCR/NAAT

The most accurate test available.

Rapid-result test

Reliable for people who are recently infected or with symptoms.

You're not "going bonkers," TMLAalum ... but you are apparently not reading enough (or the right) threads/posts, because your question has been answered many times during the last couple of weeks.  Maybe that's why no one has replied in the last three hours!  Anyway, we'll give it a go, because you seem like nice folks ...

To simplify things, Celebrity has stated that it will accept ...

(1) various kinds of molecular tests, of which NAAT and PCR tests are probably the best known ...

AND Celebrity will accept

(2) antigen tests, including the kind that are called "rapid antigen tests."

Now, it happens that some (not all) CVS stores can do "rapid antigen tests."   These are accepted by Celebrity.

If you cannot find a CVS store (near you) that does rapid antigen tests, another alternative for you may be this:

Walgreen's does what it calls an "ID NOW" test (made by Abbott), which usually delivers results in less than an hour.  In Celebrity's long FAQ about testing, here what the cruise line  says about the Walgreen's test, performed under the supervision of a pharmacy employee (which we just had done today!) ...

"Abbott tests have become a popular and commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s acceptableAny Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. They must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes)."

Walgreen's sent us an e-mail message, with a link to a very official PDF, prepared by a major lab, that can be printed and taken to the cruise terminal for embarkation.

Wishing you happy travels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Couple-Somerset said:

In Europe, Celebrity conduct the test at the port free of charge and also on the last night of the cruise free too (I have also heard it may be possible to get the departure test early on that morning too which is good if you don't fly back for a couple of days BUT I don't think you'll know until you're on board)

Once they administer the test will they give a printout of your results? and would that be accepted by the airline? 

On 8/20/2021 at 5:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

It would be helpful if Celebrity was consistent.    The confusion is caused by Celebrity not being consistent in their messaging.    Even though they updated their FAQ to say 3 days instead of 72 hours I received this yesterday  ---   You will notice they still say 72 hours from embarkation ..... 

The major change is that children over 2 must be tested prior to arrival.

ll guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs.

In the UK  after the same confusion Celebrity clarified this some weeks ago and  put simply they are working in days. For example if a cruise leaves on a Saturday you need to take the test  any time on the Wednesday or Thursday of the same week. Most passengers opt for the earlier date just to be safe.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, Jim_Iain said:

They have them on Amazon but saying 1-3 weeks delivery.

I bought some and got them at 2 weeks.

Hey Jim,

As far as I know, Amazon only carries the BinaxNow Self Test kit. The only 2 places that you can order the BinaxNow At Home kits are directly from emeds.com, or optum.com 

The Self Test kit is NOT accepted by the cruise line. Only the AT Home kits (ag test cards) are accepted. Is Amazon start selling the AG cards now?