Haven Questions

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Several alphanumeric codes have changed over the past year. The 2BR Haven on Breakaway and Encore used to be H4. They are now H6 (Breakaway/Encore deck 18) or H5 (Encore deck 17).

Ok, this is what I remember.  Specifically on the Encore when I had it booked twice (both cancelled).  The Code H4 was for Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villas.  At the time, they did not differentiate between large and normal sized verandas.  When the made the distinction.  They changed the codes to H5 & H6.  Lets see if anyone else might remember that.  

7 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Ok, this is what I remember.  Specifically on the Encore when I had it booked twice (both cancelled).  The Code H4 was for Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villas.  At the time, they did not differentiate between large and normal sized verandas.  When the made the distinction.  They changed the codes to H5 & H6.  Lets see if anyone else might remember that.  

I just checked, and my booking shows I am in a H6 on Breakaway.  Do we get the comp'd liquor and is it a larger balcony?  We will have three adults in the suite and I'm concerned that the balcony will only have two chairs.

55 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked, and my booking shows I am in a H6 on Breakaway.  Do we get the comp'd liquor and is it a larger balcony?  We will have three adults in the suite and I'm concerned that the balcony will only have two chairs.

@Daniel A I just went to the NCL site and compared the H6 size between the Encore and the Breakaway.  The H6 is very similar to the H6 on the Encore.  On the Breakaway, the veranda is between 39-50 sf.  On the Encore it is 42.  I understand your concern.  That is a small balcony. I think if you move the table out your butler can move another Chair in that space.  It might be tight but in my estimation do-able.  Anyone else that has been in this cabin please kick in.  

@complawyeris the authority on this suite.  What I will say is, when we had a Haven Spa Suite which has a very similar sized veranda we could do just what I said.  The good news is you can always go to the Haven Sundeck with a nice cocktail and have a much better view.  

On the spirits.  See attached document.  Only the Owners Suites and the Three Bedrooms get the "Bottles of Spirits"  However, every adult in your room get the Premium Drink Package.  

I promise you will all love that suite and I have done the same Itinerary on the Getaway and will again on the Joy in November.  Fun stuff.  

Edited by Sthrngary

39 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

It varies since different ships changed at different times. In other words, if someone booked a H4 on Bliss and on the same day booked a H4 on Joy, they might have ended up with 2 completely different stateroom types. With the shut down, there wasn't much discussion since the cruises were cancelled anyway. 

It's still confusing when people are researching old posts and see the old alphanumeric codes. Someone could see an old post claiming that the H5 on Encore was small even though (now) the H5 on Encore is a 2BR. Add to that with NCL splitting certain categories into 2 different categories based on balcony size, it can be even more confusing. 

38 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked, and my booking shows I am in a H6 on Breakaway.  Do we get the comp'd liquor and is it a larger balcony?

If you are in what is CURRENTLY a H6 on Breakaway, the balcony isn't large at all. 

i think  the comped liquor is only for the deluxe owners suite and the garden villas. 

im on the 2 family deluxe villa on the epic in jan and the 2 family haven on the jade in apr, and i'd be really surprised if i got free booze in the cabin )other than the sparkling wine bottle

On 8/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Sthrngary said:

I am very careful about referring to unsupervised children in the Haven. Let us say, it is kind of a difficult topic.  I also like getting on early.  The Haven Resturant is very nice. I really like it. However please remember each menu never changes from meal to meal.  Now is it the best on the ship? Personal preference.  I also love the French Restuarant a lot.  

Cruise well.

Thanks so much! I sailed last on the Bliss in 2018. I was hoping that NCL returned to serving lobster tail because there were none at all on the ship, not even in the specialty restaurants (I know many people are unimpressed with cruise lobster but I still love having it as an option).  I don't mind the menu not changing as I'm certain I'll be able to identify at least 5 dinner entrees that will make me happy.

In the old days, almost any topic could elicit a fiery exchange on almost any cruise board, so I try my best to focus on the positive comments, or at least the comments I can learn from.  

14 hours ago, Calvin said:

Thanks so much! I sailed last on the Bliss in 2018. I was hoping that NCL returned to serving lobster tail because there were none at all on the ship, not even in the specialty restaurants (I know many people are unimpressed with cruise lobster but I still love having it as an option).  I don't mind the menu not changing as I'm certain I'll be able to identify at least 5 dinner entrees that will make me happy.

In the old days, almost any topic could elicit a fiery exchange on almost any cruise board, so I try my best to focus on the positive comments, or at least the comments I can learn from.  

I appreciate how you responded to my post, thank you.  I will give you my strategy for dining in the Haven Restaurant.  As of about a years ago, the "Free at Sea" only gave two specialty restaurants instead of three. I use my American Express Platinum to book my cruise so I get $300.00 Onboard Credits and a dinner for two in the French Restaurant (one of my favorites).  I am taking my adult children with me on this upcoming cruise so I bought them a Specialty Meal Package for four meals.  This way we can all eat at the same restaurant.  Since my wife and I only have five, we pay $30.00 each for the Japanese meal on the last night which is a tradition for our family.   

Each date I choose for a Specialty restaurant depends on what port and what excursion I we are taking that day.  I get everyone cruising to have a vote and we make it fun to select.  I have always said, even though the Haven Restaurant has the same menu, I could skip the specialty restaurants all together and just eat in the Haven.

A little hint for you.  One day one, go to the Maitre'd and say these words, "I know sometime folks in the Haven ask for special things.  Sometimes they get them sometimes it is not possible.  If another family asks for something, can you let us know because we would like to taste it as well?"  I have had some very nice surprises doing this.  I also hate asking for something special but love when someone else does.

On the lobster.  Yes, most of the time it is Caribbean Lobster Tales.  Still good.  However, you never know, for surcharge I would definitely to a Maine tail if available. Regardless, I love thinking about all this and visualize my adult children's first Haven experience.  

Cruise well everyone.  It is nice to have things to look forward too.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

On the lobster.  Yes, most of the time it is Caribbean Lobster Tales.  Still good.  However, you never know, for surcharge I would definitely to a Maine tail if available.

Good news, the picture from sailing12aways post is a cold water tail.  I will be in the Haven in 3 weeks and report back how the tails were.  Even a warm water tail can be good if cooked properly like poached in butter or light grilled.  Just don't over cook them now matter where they come from.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skeeter195 said:

Good news, the picture from sailing12aways post is a cold water tail.  I will be in the Haven in 3 weeks and report back how the tails were.  Even a warm water tail can be good if cooked properly like poached in butter or light grilled.  Just don't over cook them now matter where they come from.  

Thanks, that's wonderful news! I got the Haven mainly for my wife, because she will appreciate the "small ship" experience. But out of all the amenities provided in the Haven, I am mainly looking forward to the Haven restaurant experience, and getting on the ship first. 

• Like 1