Carnival Radiance Sailings Gone

Fisical1

I have been checking availability on our cruise Dec 3rd and yesterday many of the sailings are no longer listed including ours.  The 1st cruise shows Dec 13th out of Long Beach.   I called Carnival and asked they said the sailing was sold out.  Last time I checked it had a lot of cabins left.  Im confused of why  the sailings prior to mine are gone.  All sold out??  Final payment is due in a few weeks.   I dont want another cancelled cruise 😪.  If the Radiance isnt ready yet than I would rather cancel and sail same dates on RCL Navigator and not get credit for future sailing.   Any thoughts on what may be happening?

• Like 1

Hi,

We are booked on the November 29th (believe that’s the start date) and the December 3rd Radiance cruises. I was over at Carnival site about 4 hours ago, all my cruises are still listed on my page.

Maybe the ‘ol “those dates are sold out” 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

So there's separate threads going about the various disappearing ships.  I'll bet you dollars to donuts this is a precursor to cancellations and an overall temporary scaling back of the Carnival fleet as they continue to manage their way through Covid.  I suspect what they are seeing is significantly reduced demand to the point that the market can temporarily be served by a smaller fleet.  Carnival will be VERY reluctant to take an existing ship out of service but can absolutely be rationalizing how many berths they want to add via newly restarting ships and when.

Here will be the interesting thing.  No doubt any cancellation will allow pax a full refund on their money.  What I'm wondering is if there will be the $300/$600 incentive for accepting a FCC.  My guess is no and that the policy going forward will be greater flexibility to switch ships/dates w/o penalty for any reason.   

my cruise in November 8 dam sure hoping its a go since i have airfare, hotels, wifi, Disney tickets, cheers and steakhouse all booked and paid for and 3 other cruises booked over next two years which would mean i would have to move it to 2024 along with my plans to be platinum by our 15 Day Hawaii cruise in 2023.  Son of a.........!!!!!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

So there's separate threads going about the various disappearing ships.  I'll bet you dollars to donuts this is a precursor to cancellations and an overall temporary scaling back of the Carnival fleet as they continue to manage their way through Covid.  I suspect what they are seeing is significantly reduced demand to the point that the market can temporarily be served by a smaller fleet.  Carnival will be VERY reluctant to take an existing ship out of service but can absolutely be rationalizing how many berths they want to add via newly restarting ships and when.

Here will be the interesting thing.  No doubt any cancellation will allow pax a full refund on their money.  What I'm wondering is if there will be the $300/$600 incentive for accepting a FCC.  My guess is no and that the policy going forward will be greater flexibility to switch ships/dates w/o penalty for any reason.   

We’ve played the same game for months now….it disappears and usually that follows with cancellations, return to service announcements or port changes. They always say “sold out”!  If they are having trouble filling the Panorama and offering all kind of west coast deals…why would they restart the Radiance out of Long Beach? Just my two cents. John Heald said next restart announcement for Nov and Dec should be next week…so yeah we should expect cancellations and changes coming. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

We’ve played the same game for months now….it disappears and usually that follows with cancellations, return to service announcements or port changes. They always say “sold out”!  If they are having trouble filling the Panorama and offering all kind of west coast deals…why would they restart the Radiance out of Long Beach? Just my two cents. John Heald said next restart announcement for Nov and Dec should be next week…so yeah we should expect cancellations and changes coming. 

It would be great if they do make those announcements next week prior to my final payment.  Will just cross my fingers.

Does anyone know what the Status is on Radiance's drydock?  Im only 77 days out to cruise and i havent even heard if Radiance is finished with all her renovations yet.  Also the timelines for CDC conditional sail orders to bring the ship back into the US, Staffing protocols, etc etc.  Am really getting nervous now.

16 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Does anyone know what the Status is on Radiance's drydock?  Im only 77 days out to cruise and i havent even heard if Radiance is finished with all her renovations yet.  Also the timelines for CDC conditional sail orders to bring the ship back into the US, Staffing protocols, etc etc.  Am really getting nervous now.

I can't find any updated news, but as of 13 minutes ago it was sailing off the coast of Spain. Doesn't help much since they could just be going to a different area to continue renovations but at least it is sea worthy at this point.

• Thanks 1

Radiance Disappeared for all sailing until 12/13. I'm betting it won't be ready in time. 

I was going to move my cruise out anyway, but now I'm playing chicken with Carnival and seeing who's going to move first. Two weeks until final payment date...

On 8/21/2021 at 9:20 AM, audcc77 said:

Ugh!   
I think my Sunshine cruise out of Charleston on Nov 27 2021 will be canceled.  

Supposedly, no Sunshine until Oct 31, 2021 but I bet they’ll until the rest of the year. 

Yep. The first one on the website is January 13th. I would bet they cancel the ones before that. I also would not be surprised if they delay that ship even further.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, jsglow said:

They've already set the precedent to give the $300/600 as recently as last week. 

36 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

My November Radiance cruise still shows as NOT cancelled so im still holding out hope.

I am hoping they are not waiting for all of us to pay our balance to tell us they are cancelling....I am holding out until last day to pay with fingers crossed!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azkimski said:

I am hoping they are not waiting for all of us to pay our balance to tell us they are cancelling....I am holding out until last day to pay with fingers crossed!

Mine was paid off many months ago

4 hours ago, kdr69 said:

My November Radiance cruise still shows as NOT cancelled so im still holding out hope.

I'm pulling for you, but everyone assumed that Pride would sail on 9/5 and that got cancelled in lieu of 9/12 even when up until the actual announcement it showed as not cancelled

6 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Yep. The first one on the website is January 13th. I would bet they cancel the ones before that. I also would not be surprised if they delay that ship even further.

Yes. 😡 I know.  My final payment is fast approaching and the kicker is that I moved my MG cruise with my husband out to January so I could sail on the Sunshine with my friend in Nov. The new date for my January MG cruise was more $$$ and 1 less day.   

I don’t blame Carnival. I’m annoyed at the situation but I’m still holding out hope. 😞

• Like 1

This is why I love CC - it's the best way to get prepared! I'm booked on the December 3 Radiance sailing plus the December 6 Navigator of the Seas one because I thought it would a fun comparison. I've just asked my TA to grab a cabin on the December 3 Navigator sailing just in case Carnival cancels... turn the side-by-side into a back-to-back.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Yes. 😡 I know.  My final payment is fast approaching and the kicker is that I moved my MG cruise with my husband out to January so I could sail on the Sunshine with my friend in Nov. The new date for my January MG cruise was more $$$ and 1 less day.   

I don’t blame Carnival. I’m annoyed at the situation but I’m still holding out hope. 😞

I am booked on the January 13th cruise. Currently that is the first one listed. I am looking t moving it to one of the cruises out of Florida. My fear is that if that cruise does not go, by the time I am notified by Carnival, that prices will be sky high.

• Like 1