Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Exactly what kind of "friends" are you "picking up" I mean "meeting" on these ships?

Ha. No nothing like that. Just regular friends. One knows about my cruises but doesn’t know about Saint Greg. The other has no idea I’ve ever been on anything larger than a fishing boat.

• Haha 7

I got my Panorama room assignment and I'm very happy with it. I booked an upper/lower guarantee so I was expecting to be in a closet on deck 1. I got a regular interior like I normally book with the king bed and all that up on deck 7. Right by the secret deck which is nice. It'll be very easy for me to step out and catch the sunrise/set. It's actually about 5 steps from the room I booked on Vista in December. No connecting rooms. No bunk beds....none of that. I came out pretty good for $400.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my Panorama room assignment and I'm very happy with it. I booked an upper/lower guarantee so I was expecting to be in a closet on deck 1. I got a regular interior like I normally book with the king bed and all that up on deck 7. Right by the secret deck which is nice. It'll be very easy for me to step out and catch the sunrise/set. It's actually about 5 steps from the room I booked on Vista in December. No connecting rooms. No bunk beds....none of that. I came out pretty good for $400.

Way to go Greg! 👍 Did you get a good deal on a hotel this time as well?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Have you done a “guarantee” booking before? I thought you were particular about your room location. I was surprised to read that you booked this way.  Sounds like you got a great deal and room location anyway. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, blarko said:

Have you done a “guarantee” booking before? I thought you were particular about your room location. I was surprised to read that you booked this way.  Sounds like you got a great deal and room location anyway. 

I did an ocean view guarantee on my second or third cruise. I like to pick my room but not for double the price. This is my cheapest cruise since my first cruise…a 5-day on elation back in 2014. I’d book these if they had them at this price more often.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

What another St. Greg adventure?

Are we going to have to change your name from St. Greg of Mardi Grasis to St. Greg of Panoramais?

Two weeks from today. So I'll start a new thread for that trip one week from today.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Way to go Greg! 👍 Did you get a good deal on a hotel this time as well?

Well.....Remember how I said I was stretching to make the 7-day cruise? I have to work Friday. And when I looked at flights my options were to either get in after midnight...maybe get some sleep...maybe be dead tired the first day. Or get a regular night of sleep and get on the first flight out in the morning. Which is what I picked. The flight I booked got me into LAX at 7:30am. Plenty of time. But then right around the time I was getting on Mardi Gras they changed my flight to where I leave at 7:45 and get in at 9:11. Why couldn't they make it 9:10 or 9:12? So it's a little risky. I'm debating on whether or not I should book a Carnival transfer from the airport...or just Uber/Lyft it again. I'm thinking Uber/Lyft then I can maybe beat that shuttle crowd to the port. I was just thinking maybe that transfer  would give you extra protection against a vehicle delay like carnival excursions do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Well.....Remember how I said I was stretching to make the 7-day cruise? I have to work Friday. And when I looked at flights my options were to either get in after midnight...maybe get some sleep...maybe be dead tired the first day. Or get a regular night of sleep and get on the first flight out in the morning. Which is what I picked. The flight I booked got me into LAX at 7:30am. Plenty of time. But then right around the time I was getting on Mardi Gras they changed my flight to where I leave at 7:45 and get in at 9:11. Why couldn't they make it 9:10 or 9:12? So it's a little risky. I'm debating on whether or not I should book a Carnival transfer from the airport...or just Uber/Lyft it again. I'm thinking Uber/Lyft then I can maybe beat that shuttle crowd to the port. I was just thinking maybe that transfer  would give you extra protection against a vehicle delay like carnival excursions do.

You got to do what you got to do. I take it that you are flying out on the 30th?  BTW, Patti and I just checked into the Long Beach Hilton an hour ago. Can see the Panorama from our room window. :classic_cool:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

You got to do what you got to do. I take it that you are flying out on the 30th?  BTW, Patti and I just checked into the Long Beach Hilton an hour ago. Can see the Panorama from our room window. :classic_cool:

Yeah flying out on the 30tg.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah flying out on the 30tg.

13 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

We fly out the 30th as well. Taking Carnival shuttle to LAX then renting a car to do some sightseeing.  We don’t fly out until 11:40pm.  Not an ideal flight home. 

We're keeping an eye on her for you guys! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_4342-X2.jpg

IMG_4360-X2.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, Saint Greg said:

Did I mention my friend from the Cozumel trip recently booked my Vista cruise? Yeah…so that’s going to be….interesting. And I have to figure out the logistics of trip A with friend 1 who doesn’t know about trip B with friend 2 that starts the day trip A ends. 

And hopefully friend 1 and friend 2 don't read the Cruise Critic forums. 🙄

42 minutes ago, 68Blackjack said:

I was wondering if you have to take a Covid Test in between when you are on a B2B? 

Yes, Carnival provides it at no charge.  It's been reported that sometimes it was on changearound day and sometimes the day before.

• Like 1