Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

10 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We always use Parking Spot at both Love & DFW (usually the north lot). Never had a bad experience with them.

I’ve started parking at DFW, since they started their pre-pay discount it’s been cheaper than The Parking Spot (which I love and have used many many times).

• Like 4

Just now, figmentfreak said:

I’ve started parking at DFW, since they started their pre-pay discount it’s been cheaper than The Parking Spot (which I love and have used many many times).

I heard that advertisement on the radio a few times recently but I haven’t checked out the pricing.

• Like 1

Saw your posts in tests.  In Ft Myers (won’t help you but I bring it up as point of reference), they opened, or I should say reopened a testing site at one of the county owned ballparks (winter ball for the twins).  At this facility (you park and walk up), you can schedule a time (which will get your data in and a time, but they accept all walkups) and only do it for PCR.  That said, when you get there, you can choose either.  It is run by curative.  These would be different than Walgreen or CVS.  If ther eis one on Ft myers, my bet would be the same for Orlando.  We got antigen results in 15 minutes.  Hope it helps

• Like 2

I hate going through airport security. It feels like some game you would play in elementary school. “Take your shoes and belt off and everything out of your pockets as fast as you can and make room for the next person. Run through the obstacle course. Find your bin and shoes and back on and everything back in your pockets. Quick and get out of the way fort the next person!”

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Saw your posts in tests.  In Ft Myers (won’t help you but I bring it up as point of reference), they opened, or I should say reopened a testing site at one of the county owned ballparks (winter ball for the twins).  At this facility (you park and walk up), you can schedule a time (which will get your data in and a time, but they accept all walkups) and only do it for PCR.  That said, when you get there, you can choose either.  It is run by curative.  These would be different than Walgreen or CVS.  If ther eis one on Ft myers, my bet would be the same for Orlando.  We got antigen results in 15 minutes.  Hope it helps

My last resort was I have an appointment at the orlando airport for $65. I need to cancel that. I saw last night DFW does one for $80. I was considering that one before my results came in this morning. But that’s definitely good info. Especially for the people who have  pre-cruise orlando trips.

• Like 1

Just checked and the “new” covid in Ft Myers is NOW run by nomi.  Restore health urgent care in PC show availability and Calibrun medical mgt solutions on Astronaut blvd shows availability and 15 min response as well.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

My last resort was I have an appointment at the orlando airport for $65. I need to cancel that. I saw last night DFW does one for $80. I was considering that one before my results came in this morning. But that’s definitely good info. Especially for the people who have  pre-cruise orlando trips.

Glad you are all set, it def weighs heavy till it gets a check mark.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

The lady in the security line asked what was around my neck. For anyone who missed Mexico trips with all the mask on mask off stuff I keep my masks on lanyards. In Mexico I would just need to grab one if I was going to eat because everything else was outside. Here it’s going to be a little different.

63C97E38-AAEF-4136-8F86-2CAD8EBD61E7.jpeg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I hate going through airport security. It feels like some game you would play in elementary school. “Take your shoes and belt off and everything out of your pockets as fast as you can and make room for the next person. Run through the obstacle course. Find your bin and shoes and back on and everything back in your pockets. Quick and get out of the way fort the next person!”

TSA pre check... Best $85 I've ever spent in my life... Worth it just to be able to keep your shoes on...

• Like 11

We still haven’t started boarding. I went to see what’s up. They said maintenance is investigating an inbound bird strike. That’s what took out that Sully plane so I hope everything checks out or they get us a good plane.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

TSA pre check... Best $85 I've ever spent in my life... Worth it just to be able to keep your shoes on...

I wouldn’t pay $85 to keep my shoes on. I’d rather take my shoes off and have four beers at the TGI fridays.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

It’s funny how the times change. Ive been wearing this black shirt that says vaccinated on my travel days. It was a big hit at dfw in April. In June it seemed to go out of style. I had a heckler in the security line saying “ like we’re supposed to believe what’s on his shirt.” We were flying out on Father’s Day so I pointed out the guy with the worlds greatest grandpa shirt and told the guy he should go ask him for proof. Anyway…today it’s all compliments again. I’m back in baby! I’m back in!

• Like 8
  • Haha 12