Muse Asian cruises now waitlisted?

Mocamps

5 hours ago, silkismom said:

Bummer!!  Any word on Mar Japan cruises?

There's just no way anyone can project that far ahead! Too much is changing too rapidly in too many parts of the world for that. About the best you can hope for is some clarity roughly three months in advance, but it may be less. (We're scheduled to go to Antartica in December, and are still waiting and wondering whether  we'll be able to go; Silversea hasn't yet said yea or nay.)

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am supposed to sail in 30 days.........let us hope "it is a go"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you supposed to be going, Lois? I would have thought it should be cancelled by now if you're only 30 days out!

5 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

Where are you supposed to be going, Lois? I would have thought it should be cancelled by now if you're only 30 days out!

Good morning, Lisbon/Lisbon 12 nights.......I just used the word "supposed".......I am thinking we are going😀 but in these fluid times? One just never knows...........but you are probably correct. Since the cruise is a month out,  it is more likely that we will sail, than not sail.

That sounds hopeful. Fingers crossed for you!

Have finally been able to log into My Silversea and my Hong Kong/Singapore is still showing but I really don't think it will go. I'm hoping they cancel it soon as I have my eye on an Antarctic cruise as an alternative but would prefer to transfer the amount already paid rather than make a new booking and have even more money tied up - and there's definitely no guarantee that the Antarctic one can happen either - as Argentina is still red list for us. It's an interesting game trying to cruise at the moment!!

14 hours ago, cruiseej said:

There's just no way anyone can project that far ahead! Too much is changing too rapidly in too many parts of the world for that. About the best you can hope for is some clarity roughly three months in advance, but it may be less. (We're scheduled to go to Antartica in December, and are still waiting and wondering whether  we'll be able to go; Silversea hasn't yet said yea or nay.)

The good points are Japan is a convenient restart point for Muse as they have multiple trips doing circumnavigation, then on to the Alaska season.  The other point is they have not wait listed the Japan sailings and still selling cabins. Japan is accelerating their vaccination efforts too.

Our fingers are crossed with Silkismom that this happens.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mocamps said:

There's definitely no guarantee that the Antarctic one can happen either - as Argentina is still red list for us.

The Antarctica cruises which were going to run from Ushuaia (Argentina) have just been moved to Punta Arenas (Chile). I don't know if Chile is any better for UK travelers, but they are supposedly doing better with vaccinations and case counts than Argentina. 

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

The Muse is going back to Manila for it's layup.

Tell me more. Is the Japan charter still on? How long will the layup be scheduled for? What happens to the great crew on Muse now?

On 9/8/2021 at 12:49 PM, jollyjones said:

No idea. 
The philipino crew will be sent home, I think. 
Layup till at least November, probably December. 
That’s all I know. 

Heard the same thing. Crew was disappointed, but said their meals had been incredible as they had been eating down provisions.

But why are Silversea not cancelling the Asian cruises? If it's just to hang onto our money, I don't think much to that!! I want to book a replacement cruise and it will probably be with Silversea but maybe not if they don't start showing us more consideration!

19 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

But why are Silversea not cancelling the Asian cruises? If it's just to hang onto our money, I don't think much to that!! I want to book a replacement cruise and it will probably be with Silversea but maybe not if they don't start showing us more consideration!

Thats the annoyance. I have a cruise on Viking I would do for the cancelled Jan 22 Panama Dawn slot which will be vacant and reschedule for the same cruise a year later. I'm on Viking next week. If I got the heads up, I could book onboard with a discount..... but dont want a double booking!

They have said that they wait to cancel until they are absolutely certain they cannot operate the cruises. Because things change so rapidly, they hold out until they're sure they cannot operate even if it seems unlikely they'll be able to go ahead.

Also, in some cases, they want to pin down itineraries for future identical or nearly-identical cruises in 2022 or 2023, so they can encourage passengers to roll over their bookings to much a future cruise. 

It might be primarily about keeping people's money, but I think these other reasons for delaying cancelations have some merit. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

We just received news from our TA-- our cruise, Muse Asia cruises are cancelled.  (We had expected this for a while now...)

We were booked on Nov. 5, 2021 SS Muse B2B cruise. 

We also introduced friends and family to SS, first time for them.  They also were very much looking forward to this cruise.

Very disappointed.  But, I am sure it is beyond SS control.

We will search for another itinerary.  

Stay safe everyone! 

... And the Australia/New Zealand Muse cancellations have begun. We got our notice today. Again, we've been expecting it, so this is no surprise. Now we can start shopping for its replacement, probably in 2023.

I just cancelled Dubai to Mumbai. SS was giving us grief initially wanting to charge cancellation fees for hotels never confirmed and wanting to charge us the $6000 cost of the Taj Mahal post cruise. I know these were never firmed up. Finally, they relented and agreed to my full refund less $200 admin fee. I had to have my TA show them on their website "cruise with confidence" dated 9-2-21. It was a pain but in the end, SS did the right thing. Now let's see how long to get a refund!!