Booked a suite guarantee, SeaSail pass shows muster and suite category but not cabin, does this mean anything?

I just booked a suite guarantee for the 9/19 Oasis sailing. There are a couple of Junior Suites and a bunch of Grand Suites available. The cabin is still showing #GTY, but after doing the check in, I noticed that the SetSail pass is showing muster station E04 and category as Sea. Does this mean that they've assigned me a JS and are just not showing the cabin number yet? Or am I reading too much into it, and it's just that they need to put something there until the cabin is assigned? 

5 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Or am I reading too much into it,

Don’t think so; pre COVID RCI would assign cabins but not say so in the reservation and folks would clue in on the cabin by the other clues like you found. When the assignment became official the cabin guesses would be confirmed. 

18 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I just booked a suite guarantee for the 9/19 Oasis sailing. There are a couple of Junior Suites and a bunch of Grand Suites available. The cabin is still showing #GTY, but after doing the check in, I noticed that the SetSail pass is showing muster station E04 and category as Sea. Does this mean that they've assigned me a JS and are just not showing the cabin number yet? Or am I reading too much into it, and it's just that they need to put something there until the cabin is assigned? 

In the past, you were able to find your possible cabin number in the number below the barcode on your setsail pass.  See if there is a number there that looks like a cabin number, I think it was the end of the barcode number if I am remembering correctly.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don’t think so; pre COVID RCI would assign cabins but not say so in the reservation and folks would clue in on the cabin by the other clues like you found. When the assignment became official the cabin guesses would be confirmed. 

Thanks. Given that I paid 1/3 less than the current JS price on the website (which is already reduced from regular price), I won't complain if that's what I get. Plus, there are people in JS who are bidding for the GS upgrade, so it makes sense for them to get their money to open up the JS. Of course, there are probably people in balconies bidding on JS upgrades.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

In the past, you were able to find your possible cabin number in the number below the barcode on your setsail pass.  See if there is a number there that looks like a cabin number, I think it was the end of the barcode number if I am remembering correctly.

No numbers beneath the barcode.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Add the set sail pass to your apple wallet and there will be a number on it.

Only have Android. Don't see an option to add it to my Google Wallet on the SSP page in the app.

New change, it now says that I'm on deck 10, but still no cabin number. Seems like that would be a J4, based on the deck plan. Not that I think the category matters other than the deck, although I assume they charge more.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Add the set sail pass to your apple wallet and there will be a number on it.

I tried that and it is interesting how it shows more in the Apple Wallet than in the RCCL app.   First time using the App here...and when I went in just now all of the sudden there were 4 set sail passes, 2x for each the DW and me. Both appear to be identical, and no credit card alert for the charge to Royal Up my rezzie.    Thanks for the tip on loading it to Apple Wallet to find any missing cabin #s.   As we are right now, we have a nice balcony that was assigned within 48 hours of booking, perhaps around the 24 hour mark.

OK, I found the cabin number, 10232, which is indeed a JS. I found another thread on a blog site, and it said to use a barcode scanner. Found that I had one installed and scanned it, and it came up with a long number followed by a hyphen and the cabin number. According to this other thread, it can sometimes show up months before they let you know the actual cabin number!

Thanks for the suggestion to look at the barcode.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...