POA cabins all sold out till End off May? Really?

Gracelyn

25 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

So, looking at booking the POA in winter but when I go on the NCL site all cabins except Suites are sold out till end of may. Any idea what’s going on with Hawaii cruising? 
could this really be true?

Gracelyn

Perhaps you might not being seeing the entire availability on the ship.  I found several sailings listing Balconies and Suites as still available.  So, if you selected a lower category than those, YES, you probably are seeing this correctly.

Bear in mind that around the 4th of August, NCL stated that they were cancelling PoA sailings through January 22, 2022!  That might have created a glut of immediate re-bookings that consumed the lower categories for the dates you selected. 

Awe, yes we are looking into a March5/22 sailing so maybe ..it’s all sold out by people rebooking. I was worried complawyer, that it may mean that. I had heard until January but didn’t  know date. I’ve never been on a ship so sold out that far out! 
I wonder if they will extend cancellations into March….hmmm

is she being renovated? 

9 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Awe, yes we are looking into a March5/22 sailing so maybe ..it’s all sold out by people rebooking. I was worried complawyer, that it may mean that. I had heard until January but didn’t  know date. I’ve never been on a ship so sold out that far out! 
I wonder if they will extend cancellations into March….hmmm

is she being renovated? 

March 5th would be a prime "Spring Break" time for plenty of families!!!  That alone could explain your situation.

Edited by ggTexasGal
fixed date

38 minutes ago, complawyer said:

usually,when all cabins are marked as "sold out" it is a good indication that the cruise is being cancelled. at this time also, the governor of hawaii is begging people not to come due to covid 

OP did not say that all cabins were sold out.  There are no insides or ocean views available until July.  

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

OP did not say that all cabins were sold out.  There are no insides or ocean views available until July.  

Or balconies which is what we were looking for. Ok well, we will take a wait and see approach 

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

The title of the thread says it, even if that was not the OP's intent. "POA cabins all sold out till End off May? Really?"

Yup. My bad. Only suites I should have said were available. But those are way out of my budget. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

The title of the thread says it, even if that was not the OP's intent. "POA cabins all sold out till End off May? Really?"

OP = original post in the context I used it.  Was I irresponsible to assume that somebody reading my post would have already read the original post and not just the thread title?

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

OP = original post in the context I used it.  Was I irresponsible to assume that somebody reading my post would have already read the original post and not just the thread title?

You shouldn't assume what people read or don't read in a post, particularly when the thread title says something a bit different than the body of the post. 

Heck...the OP (as in original poster, one of the two common uses of "OP") even replied to my post by saying "Yup. My bad."