Live from the Meriviglia August 27-30 - ask me anything!

Cruise Gopher

Hello from land!

Hope you are having a great time!

If possible:

- are you able to check if formula1 and flight simulator are operating, and if they are free?

- what time do the pools (for example the bamboo pool) close?

- did you check-in at your embarkation time? I ask because we might arrive a little later than the stated time, and I'm not sure if that would be a problem.

- did you try the soft-serve? Many say it is good! Also not sure how many pizza options they are having currently. Also, it seems there in Ocean Cay (island) there is the Smiling Fish with different flavours like key lime soft-serve.

Anything you share is already helpful, and enjoy the day!

Edited by igorjrr
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, igorjrr said:

Hello from land!

Hope you are having a great time!

If possible:

- are you able to check if formula1 and flight simulator are operating, and if they are free?

- what time do the pools (for example the bamboo pool) close?

- did you check-in at your embarkation time? I ask because we might arrive a little later than the stated time, and I'm not sure if that would be a problem.

- did you try the soft-serve? Many say it is good! Also not sure how many pizza options they are having currently. Also, it seems there in Ocean Cay (island) there is the Smiling Fish with different flavours like key lime soft-serve.

Anything you share is already helpful, and enjoy the day!

- the daily program says Cinema 4D and F1 Simulator open from 3pm to Midnight. 

- all pools open 8am to 8pm according to the daily flyer. 

- I checked in around my departure time (1pm) but there was literally no one around. You absolutely could show up later and no one would care or even notice. 

- haven’t tried soft serve yet. Honestly haven’t seen it anywhere. But if I see it I will have to try it. 

- In the buffet at lunch on embarkation day they had pepperoni pizza and a cheese pizza. I had the pepperoni and it was seriously so good. Going to see what they have this evening, hoping for a sausage one. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I wonder if we are staying at Ocean Cay again tomorrow? The app updated and no longer shows a sea day. Wonder if this is related to the hurricane?

331E607A-26BA-4455-AE08-49B82860EC24.thumb.jpeg.03a6e3a53d5c97810f2d9688ff501780.jpeg

False alarm. When you click on it, it says departure 8am. 

18 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

- the daily program says Cinema 4D and F1 Simulator open from 3pm to Midnight. 

- all pools open 8am to 8pm according to the daily flyer. 

- I checked in around my departure time (1pm) but there was literally no one around. You absolutely could show up later and no one would care or even notice. 

- haven’t tried soft serve yet. Honestly haven’t seen it anywhere. But if I see it I will have to try it. 

- In the buffet at lunch on embarkation day they had pepperoni pizza and a cheese pizza. I had the pepperoni and it was seriously so good. Going to see what they have this evening, hoping for a sausage one. 

Thanks so much!

The pool closes very early...

Maybe the flight simulator is not operational, unfortunately.

Just so you know you may find soft-serve at these locations on deck 15 (the pool deck): Atmosphere Ice Cream Bar and Pool Bar (this one inside Bamboo Pool). Give it a try! Also on the island, at Smiling Fish (apparently more flavors).

3 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I too thought the NY Strip was every day, but I don't see it on the menu for his first night.

It is not on the complementary every day part like it used to be.

Looks like it is on the other side of the menu with additional cost !

A couple of updates from a fellow cruiser in the Yacht Club.  I have a forward facing balcony deluxe suite on deck 15.  Had an amazing view of the sunrise this morning as we approached Ocean Cay.  The Yacht Club beach area and Ocean House restaurant was really nice, with all amenities provided.  Meals in the YC restaurant have been excellent, with a bone in veal chop last night and filet mignon tonight.

Below are the Yacht Club beach and my first Purple Rain at 9:30 AM this morning.

Then my lunch at Ocean House (lobster roll).

CF8F8165-C510-46FB-AE51-EE12DB7CEC98.jpeg

74E308D1-CEE9-42C1-9DE0-E47A2AE5523A.jpeg

769E0715-99BA-470E-BCC2-9FEC9B99C930.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Where is the outdoor movie screen? I walked around yesterday but didn’t notice it. Maybe I missed it. 

On most ships it's the screen where the pool is. I've never been on the Meraviglia but imagine that would be the one. Someone else on the Meraviglia recently said they didn't have movies but when I was on the Seaview two years ago they had them....not every night but maybe every second or third night.

They usually will list on the daily planner if they're going to have any. Maybe since they're just starting up they aren't going to have any yet?

Edited by kilkoyne

33 minutes ago, slk1000 said:

Hello. Thanks for the updates.  I'll be traveling in October with my 10 year old.  Do you know if they separate out the vaccinated and unvaccinated at the restaurants and for activities? 

I am not the OP on the ship but I thought I would chime in.  October will be all vaccinated since the Bahamas is prohibiting nonvaccinated tourists until October 31st.

36 minutes ago, 9876 said:

I am not the OP on the ship but I thought I would chime in.  October will be all vaccinated since the Bahamas is prohibiting nonvaccinated tourists until October 31st.

Kids under 12 are able to go unvaccinated because the vaccines aren't available for that age group yet. I don't believe we can get off the ship in the Bahamas or Jamaica though:(  

Edited by slk1000

51 minutes ago, 9876 said:

Even for those under 12?  Can you link please?

1 hour ago, Vemnox said:

Have you seen any kids on board?

16 minutes ago, Vemnox said:

Oh and, can you find out if they are running any of the kids clubs (namely for those under 12)?

Haven’t seen any kids on board except a few teens.

The daily does show youth programming. 

image.thumb.jpg.0ca37b8125e1ece1be3b7ddc39fd2ce2.jpg

4 hours ago, 9876 said:

Do you know what time they started boarding your sailing?

I would guess sometime around 11am

2 hours ago, slk1000 said:

Hello. Thanks for the updates.  I'll be traveling in October with my 10 year old.  Do you know if they separate out the vaccinated and unvaccinated at the restaurants and for activities? 

Yes they have different dining rooms for Vaccinated vs. Non Vaccinated. 

Buffet however is all blended. 

• Like 1

How are they handling seating in the MDR?  Are they seating multiple guests together at the same table?

Traveling alone with my husband and wondering if we’ll have a table for 2 or if we’ll be seated with others. 
We usually look forward to meeting new people at dinner. 

We were two and sat at a table for two, next to several tables for two.  They have an entire section.  Solo travelers also sat solo. D'Olive was Vax only.

Edited by Geobugs
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, styles27 said:

How are they handling seating in the MDR?  Are they seating multiple guests together at the same table?

Traveling alone with my husband and wondering if we’ll have a table for 2 or if we’ll be seated with others. 
We usually look forward to meeting new people at dinner. 

You’ll likely just be seated by yourselves. There are so few passengers sailing that they can spread people out and not combine people. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Keep in mind that this cruise is not fully vaccinated. That policy starts Sep 3.

Correct. And I’m pretty surprised how many non-vaccinated people I see. Lots of younger people too. There was a very large group of younger folks in line for the buffet entrance in front of me, all not vaccinated. It made me feel uneasy a bit so I spread out from them in line. 

I know that in everyday life you don’t know who is and who isn’t, but onboard it’s very easy to see who has the white wristband and who doesn’t, so you think about it a bit more. 

• Like 6