Live from the Meriviglia August 27-30 - ask me anything!

Cruise Gopher

Currently onboard so feel free to ask me anything you’re curious about. 

This is my first time on MSC, first time as a solo cruiser. 

I’ll pop in some review tidbits throughout the cruise. 

At dinner right now, MDR is just open seating between 6:30pm and 9pm. Basically just show up and they’ll seat you. 

Here is tonight’s menu. 

QR_A_MD_DINNER_DAY1_EN_1630103764.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting the menu.

I knew things had to change. Food is so expensive now.

On the Classic Favorites....which I assume is the everyday offerings, there used to be Salmon, not catch of the day & some kind of steak....which is no more.

But, I can certainly find enough great stuff listed to make me happy !

14 minutes ago, kidless said:

So does it feel good to be on board? How is the mask wearing? 

Yes it’s so nice to be back on a ship. The mask thing is a bit annoying mostly because it is so hot and humid in many areas of the ship so it becomes uncomfortable quickly.  But overall not a major deal. 

Allegedly only 700 people on this sailing. The ship is very quiet, a lot out people out by the pools this afternoon but indoor areas were totally empty. 

The parking situation at the port was pretty bad today. We left from terminal C but they made people park at Garage G which is like about 1 mile away. They had big coach busses to bus you back to terminal C. It was really strange. The only reason I am guessing they might have done that is because maybe the ship is going to go to terminal G when we return next Monday? 

Embarkation didn’t really have any signage or direction. I went to the far left entrance and they told me that entrance was for un-vaxed only and I had to go to the other end of the build which was for vaccinated check in. 

Check in was pretty straight forward, however they didn’t collect the health questionnaire. I asked the lady and her coworker if they needed it and she was like no we don’t need those. White wrist band was put on to indicate vaccinated. 

Side note, I think it is totally bizarre that they don’t get a credit card from you at a check in for your on board account. You have to go to a random kiosk once onboard and add your credit card there. So strange. I can’t even imagine what a nightmare that must be on departure day when people haven’t added a card to settle their bill. 

No additional covid testing was done before boarding the ship. As soon as you board they give you a contact tracer to wear. It looks nice and I don’t mind wearing it. You can take it off like a watch band for bedtime. 

The ship is beautiful! Such an odd layout though compared to almost every other ship I’ve ever been on. Everything feels so compartmentalized/closed into separate spaces. The stateroom hallways drive me absolutely mad! They are not one long hallway like every other ship, but rather all kinds of corners and right and left turns. It’s very hard to know where the exits to the elevator banks are. I got turned around a few times already, hitting dead ends and such. 

Food so far has been decent. The pizza in the buffet is just amazing! Dinner in the MDR tonight was just so so. The French onion soup was not good, don’t bother ordering it. I had the pork roulade thing and it was a bit tough but flavor was fine. Also had a side of the penne pasta with Alfredo. It was pretty good, and was super hot, like right out of the pan hot, I was impressed. 

Time for some balcony relaxation before bed. Ocean Cay tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the reporting.  I will be solo cruising in a couple of weeks.  Did they just seat you by yourself in the MDR?  I don't mind that at all, but just curious how that is working.  Enjoy your trip!

16 minutes ago, Anded said:

Thanks so much for the reporting.  I will be solo cruising in a couple of weeks.  Did they just seat you by yourself in the MDR?  I don't mind that at all, but just curious how that is working.  Enjoy your trip!

Yep seated by myself. There are a bunch of solo cruisers on board so I noticed a few others dining alone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

The parking situation at the port was pretty bad today. We left from terminal C but they made people park at Garage G which is like about 1 mile away. They had big coach busses to bus you back to terminal C. It was really strange. The only reason I am guessing they might have done that is because maybe the ship is going to go to terminal G when we return next Monday?

If Garage C is still closed this would make sense. I guess NCL is upset that MSC cruisers are parking in their garage...lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Have a great time.

If you have time, can you please ask about price for covid test fir b2b?

Thanks 

Someone else is doing a B2B on our roll call and I think they said they don’t have to pay out of pocket for it and MSC will just administer the test at no charge. Don’t hold me to it. Things are changing day by day. 

I will say MSC was very good with detailed communications pre cruise via emails and text messages about testing requirements etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

Are they showing any outdoor movies that you are aware of? I asked someone on another sailing and they didn't see any. Thanks

Where is the outdoor movie screen? I walked around yesterday but didn’t notice it. Maybe I missed it. 

2 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Someone else is doing a B2B on our roll call and I think they said they don’t have to pay out of pocket for it and MSC will just administer the test at no charge. Don’t hold me to it. Things are changing day by day. 

I will say MSC was very good with detailed communications pre cruise via emails and text messages about testing requirements etc. 

That would make more sense. 

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

Have a great time.

If you have time, can you please ask about price for covid test fir b2b?

Thanks 

We are interested in the same answer.  We have a B2B 9/6 and 9/10.  MSC has told us many different things, such as pay $120 on board for the test, get off and test, test in Nassau.  So Confusing!

23 minutes ago, abqkjh said:

Is the Cirque de Soleil show available?

No longer appearing on MSC . They have regrouped and reduced. They are doing limited shows in Las Vegas and I got email for show in Seattle.

12 minutes ago, phissy said:

No longer appearing on MSC . They have regrouped and reduced. They are doing limited shows in Las Vegas and I got email for show in Seattle.

Sadly, they are not out of the woods by any measure. Neither is Las Vegas, for that matter.

• Like 1