Updated drink package information

potchak

5 hours ago, Chickadee910 said:

I must be the only person that thinks that drinking 15 glasses of anything a day is a lot of liquid. 

While I can’t drink that many liquor drinks I easily drink 15 glasses of water a day, usually about 3 litres.  I’m amazed when people drink about a tsp of water a day then pass out because they are dehydrated.

Déjà vu my last Holland America cruise everybody was in a an uproar because Holland was testing  a new charge  of $10 for an extra main dish at dinner. Correct me if I’m wrong but that didn’t last long I know it wasn’t on my cruise. I don’t Think this will stick around very long if we all complain enough.

1 hour ago, rdemn said:

Déjà vu my last Holland America cruise everybody was in a an uproar because Holland was testing  a new charge  of $10 for an extra main dish at dinner. Correct me if I’m wrong but that didn’t last long I know it wasn’t on my cruise. I don’t Think this will stick around very long if we all complain enough.

I woulhold my breath on that 😛.  

On 9/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, Daniel A said:

Can somebody please correct me if I am not understanding this issue.  It looks as if you have the Signature Beverage Package you are limited to 15 drinks of any kind (alcohol up to $11, soft drinks, water bottles and coffee.)  If you upgrade the package to Elite, it costs $5/day more lets you go up to $15/drink and it includes all of the benefits of the Quench Package which is unlimited soft drinks, (but the web site says the Signature Package includes everything in the Quench Package which is unlimited non alcoholic drinks...)

So, if you get the Elite package, do you still get the unlimited soft drinks?  Have all of the posts from passengers who had the Signature Beverage Package or did they also limit the Elite Beverage Package to 15 total of all types of beverages?  Also, did anybody have just the Quench Package?  Was that limited to a total of 15 as well.

Does the Elite include unlimited sodas?

11 hours ago, liamur14 said:

Does the Elite include unlimited sodas?

It does not appear to be the case any more.  Although the Elite package includes the Quench package (which used to be unlimited non-alcoholic beverages) now the Quench package limits the soft drinks to 15/day, and they will count towards the total number of drinks you get on the Elite package.

48 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It does not appear to be the case any more.  Although the Elite package includes the Quench package (which used to be unlimited non-alcoholic beverages) now the Quench package limits the soft drinks to 15/day, and they will count towards the total number of drinks you get on the Elite package.

ThaNKS, we're on the Eurodam on Sunday, I'll let you know.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 12:25 PM, roxybear135 said:

You can find all of the current prices in the Navigator app.  There's a menu uploaded for each bar that shows the prices for each drink.  I would say the vast majority of the drinks were under $11 but a lot of the wines were not.

I just downloaded the Navigator app but it is not showing the prices for the bars.  In fact, I click on a bar and nothing happens.  Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, dianew138 said:

I just downloaded the Navigator app but it is not showing the prices for the bars.  In fact, I click on a bar and nothing happens.  Any suggestions?

Did you go here?  Dining and drinks

A89A9E0E-27D1-429B-993A-5644303A5B64.thumb.png.e0c6741f4ae5a1d875e3a4144d47cd14.png

Scroll down to drinks and bars And then click?

4679B2EB-C653-4A4D-A0C0-C05C5366F055.thumb.png.f56daa1bd15d0b32dc0bea951137256b.png

It seems to be working for me?  Some of it is in PDF and you need to click it.

15 minutes ago, dianew138 said:

I did what Kazu did and was able to get the bar menus that way.  Each bar had its own menu posted.

So after inquiring about the issues we had with the standard beverage package on our cruise (the new drink limit), we found out that package includes a limit of 15 drinks total (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) BUT the elite beverage package includes 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks (how the standard beverage package used to be).  We received a PDF of this directly from a HAL associate, who said they were sent it back in July.  Just wanted to make sure people were aware of the change in case they feel it's worth upgrading to the elite beverage package, since many are booking with Have It All which only includes the standard one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

It seems to be working for me?  Some of it is in PDF and you need to click it.

My screen is slightly different than yours.  Mine doesn't show wine cocktails and bars, just bars but neither the picture nor print is live.  I went into the dining rooms and for wine menu it said see guest services.

4 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

I did what Kazu did and was able to get the bar menus that way.  Each bar had its own menu posted.

Thanks.  I logged out of my account.  Then when I clicked on a bar, it brought to a screen that listed the ships with that bar, but no menus.

4 minutes ago, dianew138 said:

My screen is slightly different than yours.  Mine doesn't show wine cocktails and bars, just bars but neither the picture nor print is live.  I went into the dining rooms and for wine menu it said see guest services.

I wasn’t able to get into one of the screens for the drinks.  Seems to be having a problem right now.

But here is the James Suckling wine list:

B5093714-FE31-4F55-A1F3-F968EB3B807E.thumb.png.1a92b9e69831567e58d9271b8d2523f7.png

3F48E663-941C-4911-9308-34EC802D3A41.thumb.png.a4d2c725d9aac18898783d7fce59cfcc.png

81B132CB-4281-4287-9CB8-6927A1753983.thumb.png.c3fabfd9b81f4b033183625dd423e10f.png

FA448177-B53B-4B44-AC0C-0379D95EC68E.thumb.png.ea57ac2df2247adcd964c8f973cd1e51.png

AF7EE331-1A03-4372-A364-E0618214808F.thumb.png.5dcc7686cefc876cd7aaa5b8efcf3dbb.png

D2263130-79A5-4813-9E87-A013693B1232.thumb.png.96de15cbfed1d7c0d35fc85c0e47264c.png

A3495DFB-054B-42FD-9110-24BC6A3F5AC8.thumb.png.70e1c2237421f5a39c52740aaf428e01.png

D669FFC3-105C-4E5D-A7DF-4F944E0E2B71.thumb.png.7b71c2a0ec5653a2ff9e94ccb9ca5691.png

3B622894-25E5-446B-A96A-ACEACF4D8BBB.thumb.png.b21848bbefe22712b33e83c017ac221c.png

086B1CBF-325F-4471-A97E-97BDE76041EB.thumb.png.9213b5e08f40c2457c3cf47e762b243b.png

706BFEDE-575B-41B5-8364-023BB3C16E99.thumb.png.ff3113be263dd105177711b35c5c3bfa.png

2B93F21A-B5EA-436F-8231-F688DE191458.thumb.png.2113e5232aeb15606215a43a6c483303.png

Most of the drinks unless they are the real specialty  or top notch liquors are $11 or under.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

I wasn’t able to get into one of the screens for the drinks.  Seems to be having a problem right now.

Thanks for trying.  I even deleted the app an on both my iPad and iPhone and it was exactly the same, but since someone else is having a problem, I'll try later.  I have the basic drinks package ($11/drink max.).  What happens is you order a drink that is more than the max?  Do they just charge the difference as some cruise lines do or charge the entire amount?

Just now, dianew138 said:

Thanks for trying.  I even deleted the app an on both my iPad and iPhone and it was exactly the same, but since someone else is having a problem, I'll try later.  I have the basic drinks package ($11/drink max.).  What happens is you order a drink that is more than the max?  Do they just charge the difference as some cruise lines do or charge the entire amount?

I believe they charge you the full amount (and perhaps the 18% gratuity as well)

Here's the PDF we received from HAL about the changes to the beverage packages.  It's still horribly worded but seems that the elite beverage package includes unlimited non-alcoholic drinks and up to 15 alcoholic drinks a day while the standard only includes 15 drinks total

image0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dianew138 said:

I thought the drink prices included the gratuity?

The drink package does include the gratuity as long as you are within the limit of it.

If you order a drink that is over the limit (over $11) or exceed the daily limit, the full amount is charged along with the 18% beverage service charge since you are no longer within the package.

6 minutes ago, dianew138 said:

I thought the drink prices included the gratuity?

If you have a package and purchase a drink using that package, then it includes gratuity.  But if you buy a drink without a package, you have to pay 18% gratuity on top of the beverage price.  So if they charge you the full amount for a drink because it's more expensive than your package allows, I'm guessing they will also charge you the gratuity

Edited by roxybear135

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you order a drink that is over the limit (over $11) or exceed the daily limit, the full amount is charged along with the 18% beverage service charge since you are no longer within the package.

So if I order an $11 drink, I am fine.  Thank you.  

1 hour ago, kazu said:

The drink package does include the gratuity as long as you are within the limit of it.

This from the HAL Website, $10.00 a day less expensive if you purchase in advance, total of 15 beverages a day, no different than the Signature package. 18% service charge added to each purchase.

"Our premium, Elite Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 16oz) & coffee. Only on the ms Koningsdam & ms Nieuw Statendam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $49.95 if pre-booked online compared to $59.95 if purchased on board. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Elite Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests."

12 minutes ago, RSWBADGER said:

This from the HAL Website, $10.00 a day less expensive if you purchase in advance, total of 15 beverages a day, no different than the Signature package. 18% service charge added to each purchase.

"Our premium, Elite Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 16oz) & coffee. Only on the ms Koningsdam & ms Nieuw Statendam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $49.95 if pre-booked online compared to $59.95 if purchased on board. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Elite Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests."

I’m not sure where on the HAL site you are getting that.  The limit is a drink of $11 without gratuity.  That’s been the SBP for a few years now  since the drink prices went up.  Here is the link on the HAL website for 2021 SBP: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals_CAD/terms/europe-2021-all-inclusive-offer.html

Here is a screen shot of the key part of the link:

8DB3BCBC-677D-4351-BE52-67BDD7CBD5BF.thumb.png.bb6363d7329aa3b055eb4adc8465b72b.png

In typical HAL fashion, the website differs from the PDF I received from a HAL associate as to what the elite beverage package includes.  If anyone either is on a current sailing or has one coming up and has purchases an elite beverage package, can you please confirm if it includes 15 drinks total or 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non-alcoholic?  Thanks!