Updated drink package information

potchak

2 minutes ago, twodjs said:

A question I never thought about before the 15 drink limit. If you buy the drink package and if you think you will exceed the 15 limit, can you just pay for the water or less expensive drinks outside of the package, so that they wouldn't count toward the total?

I don’t think there is as the SBP is linked to your key card.  One could buy a beverage card though and use that for the cheaper drinks if they thought they needed to IMO.  Beverage cards work well as any credit balance is refunded to your account on the last night of the cruise.

I use them frequently as most times we don’t have SBP and it saves having a huge bill to peruse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, twodjs said:

A question I never thought about before the 15 drink limit. If you buy the drink package and if you think you will exceed the 15 limit, can you just pay for the water or less expensive drinks outside of the package, so that they wouldn't count toward the total?

As DW will not drink as many as I would, I make sure that she buys me a couple of drinks each night!😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:
1 hour ago, twodjs said:

I don’t think there is as the SBP is linked to your key card.  One could buy a beverage card though and use that for the cheaper drinks if they thought they needed to IMO.  Beverage cards work well as any credit balance is refunded to your account on the last night of the cruise.

I agree this is the only way to avoid having the less expensive beverages charged to your SBP if you will go over the limit of 15. The beverage card also works for drinks that cost more than $11 menu price if you prefer to prepay rather than have them charged to your room. Our TA gives us beverage cards  - even when we have included SBP.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lstrong said:

I’m hoping someone will post a current bar menu, especially beers and wines, to help me calculate whether or not to purchase the drink package.  Thank you to anyone who can help with this. 

Prices are on the Navigator app for some of the drinks.

The wine by the glass menu

E9623D44-CD34-4CB3-BCD0-A331E6A4FD05.thumb.png.af4d7fc1d87572acb0214f8e120ad3fa.png

CB55891D-34D5-464B-9518-F3BF6A33CC61.thumb.png.31c37a405230edeb791b17e273f975ff.png

6003156F-5481-4D9F-9816-5001FA6F6474.thumb.png.eedd5ae82f03de400c789a975a17bc43.png6003156F-5481-4D9F-9816-5001FA6F6474.thumb.png.eedd5ae82f03de400c789a975a17bc43.png

E9886AF5-EFD3-4897-87C6-A4D5BC5847B0.thumb.png.aa07d04c0626a17a231dc1ef088a062a.png

And Dale Groff which has some beer prices:

F93F1B94-4653-4750-B573-B773E0659BC4.thumb.png.4fa8f0f7803aa5fb7a5b53b7900fd600.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, twodjs said:

Since they charged us (accidentally!) for cocktails while way under the limit, I am sure the system can do it - if they new how to make an "error" on purpose! 😄

Can somebody please correct me if I am not understanding this issue.  It looks as if you have the Signature Beverage Package you are limited to 15 drinks of any kind (alcohol up to $11, soft drinks, water bottles and coffee.)  If you upgrade the package to Elite, it costs $5/day more lets you go up to $15/drink and it includes all of the benefits of the Quench Package which is unlimited soft drinks, (but the web site says the Signature Package includes everything in the Quench Package which is unlimited non alcoholic drinks...)

So, if you get the Elite package, do you still get the unlimited soft drinks?  Have all of the posts from passengers who had the Signature Beverage Package or did they also limit the Elite Beverage Package to 15 total of all types of beverages?  Also, did anybody have just the Quench Package?  Was that limited to a total of 15 as well.

Edited by Daniel A

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

it includes all of the benefits of the Quench Package which is unlimited soft drinks, (but the web site says the Signature Package includes everything in the Quench Package which is unlimited non alcoholic drinks...)

I have just looked at the Manage Booking section of my upcoming cruise and Quench is now limited to 15 beverages.......

• Thanks 1

Just now, VMax1700 said:

I have just looked at the Manage Booking section of my upcoming cruise and Quench is now limited to 15 beverages.......

12 DAY QUENCH BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Enjoy a variety of Coca-Cola products, mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) and Exploration’s Café Beverages. Exclusively on our Pinnacle Class ships the Quench Package also features Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. The package has limit of up to 15 beverages per day. An 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Quench Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, In-Room Dining, bottled water larger than 500ml and beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

12 DAY QUENCH BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Enjoy a variety of Coca-Cola products, mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) and Exploration’s Café Beverages. Exclusively on our Pinnacle Class ships the Quench Package also features Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. The package has limit of up to 15 beverages per day. An 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Quench Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, In-Room Dining, bottled water larger than 500ml and beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

I wonder if HAL can arbitrarily change the terms of a product which was already purchased by a passenger.  I suppose somebody will challenge this.

On 8/30/2021 at 5:08 PM, potchak said:

I personally think this is ridiculous as most people do not start with alcoholic beverages and therefore their cheapest drinks will be earlier in the day and therefore they charge you for the more expensive beverages after you hit 15. I was pissed when I found this out. 

The solution is simple, just start drinking booze in the morning and finish with coffee and water at night.  😆

On 8/30/2021 at 5:18 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

All the cruise lines have taken a financial hit, so maybe this is one way to try and recover, but it may make a lot of passengers unhappy/angry.  Not the best way to return to cruising.

Just be wary if you are presented with an oar as a complimentary embarkation gift...😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I wonder if HAL can arbitrarily change the terms of a product which was already purchased by a passenger.  I suppose somebody will challenge this.

Certainly in Europe we would challenge and win!  Even on a promo we would be able to challenge as the price is included in the total price of the contract.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, Boytjie said:

Just about every night we ended up at the Gallery Bar for a nightcap or two, which were most often a double of some spirit. We were never charged for it (a double would have been over the individual drink limit).

I see you travel in the Bubble of Awesome. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

and will have to try the French Brut Rose.

A few of my clients' restaurants in Aspen, Colorado pour Le Grande Courtage (Brut & Rosé) as their house sparklers. It's a competent sparkling wine, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. The wine passes muster in Aspen, which is a fairly snooty crowd.

The Dom Ste. Michelle and Dom Chandon are better choices, IMO. However, if you're having a rosé day, Le Grande Courtage is perfectly fine. Really good rosé Champagnes are expensive, so you're not likely to find them on any beverage package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, twodjs said:

The quick answer is no, not until you have exhausted the 15 on your account was my understanding.

3 minutes ago, Chickadee910 said:

I must be the only person that thinks that drinking 15 glasses of anything a day is a lot of liquid. 

I drink a ton of water a day, so 15 was not difficult on a sea day. We would order a mocktail and a bottle of water. Then later on in the day, a cocktail and a bottle of water. Doesn't take long to add up. 

On 9/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, kazu said:

I use them frequently as most times we don’t have SBP and it saves having a huge bill to peruse.

Can you purchase a beverage card onboard or do you need to purchase in advance?

40 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Can you purchase a beverage card onboard or do you need to purchase in advance?

either / or.  You can purchase in advance and you can buy them on board.  Easy easy.

• Thanks 1