Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

45 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

Just got Haven upgrade for Encore Dec 5!!!!!!!  Forward facing penthouse.

I am waiting (not so patiently unfortunately) to hear about my bids to upgrade on the same cruise (Encore Dec. 5). Going from Mini-Suite to 2BR haven (w/ bids on other haven types too).  

Edited by newbe dave

5 minutes ago, newbe dave said:

I am waiting (not so patiently unfortunately) to hear about my bids to upgrade on the same cruise (Encore Dec. 5). Going from Mini-Suite to 2BR haven (w/ bids on other haven types too).  

Like I said, not patient. Received my upgrade email 2 minutes after posting (and editing) this entry.  My wife, daughter and I will be enjoying a 2BR suite in the Haven on the Dec. 5 Encore.  We have cruise about 15 times on NCL but this is our first Haven experience.  

Thanks for everyone for their posts. Now we need to get to Miami by Sunday.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, droundtheworld said:

Patiently waiting for them to do upgrades for the 12/5 Epic sailing from New York to San Juan. They haven't done any upgrades yet.

I guess i just had to write on here. Just received my upgrade email for 12/5 Epic. Mini Suite to 2 bedroom haven. There are 3 of us and we had bids on the deluxe owners and 2 bedroom. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

Did anyone get a real time bidding offer? Is this new, I have never seen it before?

Actually, I did for one or two of my bids. The emails said that I had been outbid and that Real Bidding was open on my cruise.  This happened on bids for cabins that were not my priority and that I put low bids (just above minimum).  For my more desired bids, I did not get this email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, anmyers72 said:

Ok writing on here in the hope of winning our upgrade offer for 12/5 Bliss as that seems to be the magic touch today. Fingers Crossed!

I know!! I'm trying not to drive myself crazy hitting Refresh.  12/5 Bliss as well.  

1 hour ago, anmyers72 said:

Ok writing on here in the hope of winning our upgrade offer for 12/5 Bliss as that seems to be the magic touch today. Fingers Crossed!

59 minutes ago, trivimp said:

I know!! I'm trying not to drive myself crazy hitting Refresh.  12/5 Bliss as well.  

Ditto! 😊

• Like 1

There is a definite pattern to the upgrade announcements - Breakaway have been getting their emails on the Monday before their Sunday departure... then Encore, then Epic... maybe Bliss next... I am loving the excitment and anticipation... I have probably (based on my less then scientific analysis) 13 days to wait til I hear (or not)... 

We got the “live bid” email for our 12/12 Bliss sailing - but it takes you to a blank page.  Not a big deal, as I really don’t want to bid more, and it’s possible who ever “outbid” me ends up getting a different category bid accepted and I could still win mine.  

This is primarily a desire for more space, not so much to be in the Haven as we are traveling with friends and family who won’t be in the Haven, and we want to spend time with them —so having Haven access will be severely underused.  Not worth bidding more if we won’t be using the enclave much.  

13 minutes ago, tafawke said:

There is a definite pattern to the upgrade announcements - Breakaway have been getting their emails on the Monday before their Sunday departure... then Encore, then Epic... maybe Bliss next... I am loving the excitment and anticipation... I have probably (based on my less then scientific analysis) 13 days to wait til I hear (or not)... 

What is your take on the Dawn? Lol, I am not patiently waiting to see if I get my upgrade on the 12/8 Dawn.

Edited by kewbrook

8 minutes ago, kewbrook said:

What is your take on the Dawn? Lol, I am not patiently waiting to see if I get my upgrade on the 12/8 Dawn.

So, looking into the slighty dusty and just a bit cracked crystal ball (hey, my PhD research is in the social sciences - we don't do all that quantitative stuff haha) my prediction is maybe tomorrow (Wed) but more likely Thursday and if the stars (because I am calling on all the predictive tools) are not in alignment then you may even have to wait til Friday - it's not an exact science.. (I am just having a bit of fun - and I do mock bookings on my cruise every week to see if the Haven suites have opened up or sold... from last week to this week - there is one less 2BR but 1 more Aft with L Bal still available and also an additional FWD facing... so as of 30 Nov ... 49 Haven suites vacant for 19 Dec on Breakaway - for those of you also playing along at home)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tafawke said:

49 Haven suites vacant for 19 Dec on Breakaway - for those of you also playing along at home)

49? How many Haven's are there total? That seems almost completely empty. When I checked the 3 types I bid on for the 5th it was originally 24 available, then down to 20 the day the bids started processing

• Like 1

How many days before the cruise does bidding usually close? 

and have you seen minimum bids increasing or decreasing during the bidding time?

we are in a 2 BR Haven and the minimum bid for the deluxe owners suite is a little higher than I want to pay right now. Wondering if there is any chance it will decrease before my cruise and ow long I have to decide if I want to bid for the upgrade; 

I saw the text from my credit card before I saw the email that we got our upgrade accepted on the Dec 5th EPIC from a Club Balcony to Haven Aft Balcony.  My offer was in the "poor" range, but not the lowest amount, I upped it about $100-150 (I also made a bid on a 2 BR Family Suite in Haven for about the same amount).  I'm super excited.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Juncti said:

49? How many Haven's are there total? That seems almost completely empty. When I checked the 3 types I bid on for the 5th it was originally 24 available, then down to 20 the day the bids started processing

I've been checking available Haven staterooms on the EPIC on Dec. 5th and there are at least 20-25 from what I can tell.

6 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

We got the “live bid” email for our 12/12 Bliss sailing - but it takes you to a blank page.  Not a big deal, as I really don’t want to bid more, and it’s possible who ever “outbid” me ends up getting a different category bid accepted and I could still win mine.  

This is primarily a desire for more space, not so much to be in the Haven as we are traveling with friends and family who won’t be in the Haven, and we want to spend time with them —so having Haven access will be severely underused.  Not worth bidding more if we won’t be using the enclave much.  

When you got the email did it say the bidding starts immediately or do they give you a couple hours notice?

6 hours ago, kewbrook said:

Hope you're not trying to get my Garden Villa! 😉  If you are you'll probably get it as I put in the very minimum.  Oh well, if you do the M&G will be set up in there. 🤭

Ok,  booked in a Balcony on the Getaway, Dec. 27th.  New Year's Cruise.  Well, have 5 bids on Haven Staterooms, and 1 Spa Club Balcony and 1 Spa Balcony!  

It's probably too early for NCL to decide who gets what.  I'm hoping by Dec 19-20th we'll hear.

If anyone booked and requested an Upgrade on the Getaway,  and you win, give a shout out!

1 hour ago, cruiseat50 said:

When you got the email did it say the bidding starts immediately or do they give you a couple hours notice?

Hope you're not trying to get my Garden Villa! 😉  If you are you'll probably get it as I put in the very minimum.  Oh well, if you do the M&G will be set up in there. 🤭

It was pretty vague — just said “You’ve been outbid” and that “live bidding was open” and it can close at anytime. 

The tips on watching availability and bid prices helped. Saw they dropped the Haven courtyard with large balcony for the December 26th Encore sailing, and cabins were selling. I bit the bullet and upgraded even though it cost a little more, and shortly after tonight it's all sold out.

The only downside is I lost my 3 latitude points per night perk by rebooking, but I don't think I'll care lol.

Edited by chillyw