Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

12 hours ago, Jpepin92 said:

May 

May I ask what your bid was? Was it a 7 night cruise?

Yes, it was a seven-night cruise to Bermuda.  The ship was not sailing at capacity; however, the Haven was full.  Got the email on 4/28 for 5/1 cruise.

Congratulations! Your offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise has been successful.

What to do now:

• Your Stateroom has been upgraded to The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE). When you log into My NCL you will see your new stateroom number, which has been assigned based on availability.
  • You will receive a new confirmation email reflecting this upgrade shortly!

Summary of your upgrade

Sail Date Ship Offer Number of guests Total offer
May 01, 2022 Norwegian Joy $810 USD per person
(only the first and second guest will be charged)
2 $1,620 USD

(Note: Prices shown are in US Dollars.)

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
Norwegian Cruise Line

--
www.ncl.com

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Yes, it was a seven-night cruise to Bermuda.  The ship was not sailing at capacity; however, the Haven was full.  Got the email on 4/28 for 5/1 cruise.

Congratulations! Your offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise has been successful.

What to do now:

• Your Stateroom has been upgraded to The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE). When you log into My NCL you will see your new stateroom number, which has been assigned based on availability.
  • You will receive a new confirmation email reflecting this upgrade shortly!

Summary of your upgrade

Sail Date Ship Offer Number of guests Total offer
May 01, 2022 Norwegian Joy $810 USD per person
(only the first and second guest will be charged)
2 $1,620 USD

(Note: Prices shown are in US Dollars.)

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
Norwegian Cruise Line

--
www.ncl.com

Very nice!

17 minutes ago, fredflint said:

So I called my agent to ask how you are charged my Norwegian card was compromised and that is the one I used to book.  My agent said that you provide the card after the email is that correct?

no. you put in the credit card details when you place the bid. you need to change your credit card details you will need to modify your bid

34 minutes ago, shof515 said:

no. you put in the credit card details when you place the bid. you need to change your credit card details you will need to modify your bid

You can't actually change the card on your current bid, unfortunately.  You have to cancel your current bid and submit a new one with the new card info.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

You can't actually change the card on your current bid, unfortunately.  You have to cancel your current bid and submit a new one with the new card info.

This is 100% correct. My card needed changing. Had to cancel 15 bids and rebid. 

15 minutes ago, recruiter 28 said:

If your upgrade bid is accepted does it come with the Free at Sea if you previously don't have that package?

No, but you should still be able to add it if it's still at least 48 hours before you sail.  It's going to be based on your original cabin anyway so it's not like you'll be getting something better with the upgrade.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

So you must be in an inside.  You can only bid up 2 categories.

I am on Spirit right now and there is only 18 suites that are highly sought after. Only sold out category 

I think there might be other factors that play into this.

I have a Family Oceanview booked on the Sky for a 9 day sailing. I have bid on both forward and aft facing penthouses. There was also an option to book the Owner’s Suite but the minimum bid was quite steep, so I took a pass on that one.

Rochelle

21 hours ago, rochelle_s said:

I think there might be other factors that play into this.

I have a Family Oceanview booked on the Sky for a 9 day sailing. I have bid on both forward and aft facing penthouses. There was also an option to book the Owner’s Suite but the minimum bid was quite steep, so I took a pass on that one.

Rochelle

Yes you can bid. OV to a balcony or to a suite. 2 categories.

Those in an inside can book OV or Balcony, not a suite.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes you can bid. OV to a balcony or to a suite. 2 categories.

Those in an inside can book OV or Balcony, not a suite.

We received our offer to bid and we are currently booked in an inside and have offers to bid a OV up to a spa club balcony suite.  

1 hour ago, surfone said:

We received our offer to bid and we are currently booked in an inside and have offers to bid a OV up to a spa club balcony suite.  

A club balcony quite is not considered a suite per NCL, it is merely the highest level balcony cabin.  It comes with none of the suite amenities/freebies/etc.

11 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

A club balcony quite is not considered a suite per NCL, it is merely the highest level balcony cabin.  It comes with none of the suite amenities/freebies/etc.

I am not familiar with freebies, etc., on the suites but I thought the upgrade offer for a suite and especially the spa and or spa club balcony suite was nice with the complimentary thermo  suite access and the larger bathroom.  Nice to have the opportunity of bid on these anyhow from a current interior cabin.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:05 AM, deweytrader said:

Do you mean it was full after you bid or before?

Sailing in a few days i got my upgrade cabin today. When i place my bid i checked the box to use the FCC i had in my account. When my upgraded was accepted, they did not use the FCC and billed my credit card. any ideas on what happen? is there a specific fcc that works with upgrades?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, surfone said:

I am not familiar with freebies, etc., on the suites but I thought the upgrade offer for a suite and especially the spa and or spa club balcony suite was nice with the complimentary thermo  suite access and the larger bathroom.  Nice to have the opportunity of bid on these anyhow from a current interior cabin.

If you get a spa room, I'm not sure but you probably do get the spa access.  You won't get the upgraded free at sea level (another free dinner).  You can't bid on a suite from your current inside cabin

18 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

If you get a spa room, I'm not sure but you probably do get the spa access.  You won't get the upgraded free at sea level (another free dinner).  You can't bid on a suite from your current inside cabin

We do have an interior and it shows options for a bid and it's listed as a spa Club balcony suite and another for a Club balcony suite but they do say thermo access.  Not sure why NCL calls it a suite when it's really not, cabin shows it is 249 sq. ft so a little larger than a regular balcony and the bathroom is larger but we'll probably do a low ball bid.  Hoping our bid for the regular balcony will be accepted.  The good thing we already have 2 free specialty meals for Platinum and then one for the free at sea for the interior.