On Britannia now

sandancer

We have just arrived in Liverpool to a dull, damp day and we are not getting off. We chose not to book a P&O tour as we have been here many times. We are enjoying the cruise far more than anticipated. The staff are really nice, one or two waiters who want to rush you through the meal but a polite word to slow down did the trick. In the main they are all friendly and helpful. Def no complaints. Entertainment is good, we have enjoyed all the food, especially Sindhu and the Glass House. The cabin is fine, miniature bathroom but ok. Love all the hanging space. No turn down service any more but that’s not a problem for us. 
We are managing the Myholiday app (by the way, it’s not an app, per reception, it’s a website!)

So any questions I’ll try and help but only today. Once we leave port the phone is going right back on airplane mode. Cheers 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise and would like to apologise that my home city was not able to provide better weather for you.

Can you please let me know what time the ship is due to leave Liverpool?  We are hoping to go over there later to see the ship as we are due on a Princess look alike (Sky) at the end of Oct - the cruise you were booked on previously.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise and would like to apologise that my home city was not able to provide better weather for you.

Can you please let me know what time the ship is due to leave Liverpool?  We are hoping to go over there later to see the ship as we are due on a Princess look alike (Sky) at the end of Oct - the cruise you were booked on previously.

We are leaving at 6. Great view of the Liver Birds from our balcony. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

Glad to hear the app is working well for you, I’d be interested to hear how you are finding the wait for the mdr and what time you are finding the queues are less. Have a lovely trip

We have used the queueing system 3 times. Once for breakfast and twice for dinner. We are going to the 8.30 shows so eating early evening. I think if we wanted to eat at around 8 we might have to wait longer.  We booked the shows before we left home. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thank will go over later and hope to get a couple of pics of so can prove you were there 🙂

We will park at a Birkenhead train station and probably return by ferry, so can get a river view pic.  Locals can use bus passes for the ferries, but daytime often booked out to people doing the tourist run this year due to reduced capacity, but we can return on the commuter service.

13 minutes ago, tring said:

Thank will go over later and hope to get a couple of pics of so can prove you were there 🙂

We will park at a Birkenhead train station and probably return by ferry, so can get a river view pic.  Locals can use bus passes for the ferries, but daytime often booked out to people doing the tourist run this year due to reduced capacity, but we can return on the commuter service.

We’ve been watching the ferry, packed out with people wanting to see the ship. 
Probably have quietened down by the time you get here. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, firsttimer086 said:

Can you only dine with your booking party, so if you're travelling as a couple you're stuck eating at a table for two the whole time or do they allow mixed tables?

Yes you can share with others , we were asked do you want to share. Never had that on the other two staycations. We did share on the second night, was really good to be able to do that again.  
also no limits on people in the lifts, the 4 dots have gone!  Plus no tables ‘resting’ I the bars. Quite a few changes since our Iona maiden. 

6 minutes ago, weejenny said:

If there are several changes since the early sailings does the ship feel busy and is it still easy to 'distance'?

The ship doesn’t feel busy at all and it’s quite easy to distance If you’re still a bit nervous.  Still spacing in the headliners and the main restaurants.  There’s still mask wearing inside the ship at all times. We did have one sunny day and it was easy to find a sunbed, hoping for some sunny weather on the way back to Southampton!  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We’ve been watching the ferry, packed out with people wanting to see the ship. 
Probably have quietened down by the time you get here. 

Sadly not as packed as they used to be in the "old days", the commuter service tends to be quite quiet though.  Perhaps the reduced numbers have been removed now - will ask later as would mean we could then use by day  - well perhaps once schools are back will be better as a lot of local families use them for an outing. 

The last "round trip" tourist run leaves at 4pm.  We will be returning about 5.30pm or just before and will wave to anyone on board who is around at the time.  We will not have WiFi then though.  I will be wearing a burgundy waterproof jacket.

Edited by tring

On 9/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, sandancer said:

The pictures I promised, perhaps you will see them on your return. 

The first three pictures were when docked in Liverpool, the forth was sailing past New Brighton (NE point of the Wirral) and the the fifth was her sailing out into the sunset, (also taken from New Brighton) - glad we could provide better weather at that stage 🙂

The rear view of Britannia when docked shows a tacky view to the front of the photo, which is a partial view of the derelict remains of the Princes Landing Stage, (where the trans Atlantic liners used to leave from) and it is the location where the new cruise terminal is to be built in Liverpool - if it ever is!  I will not be holding my breath waiting for it to appear, though I think 2023 is the current date which is planned to be completed, though work not commenced yet.  I have lost count of the number of times the plan has been put back........

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise,

Barbara  

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG

IMG_7192.JPG

IMG_7205.JPG

Edited by tring
  • Like 7