On Britannia now

sandancer

On 9/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, BestGuessed said:

Please could I ask what is happening (if anything) during the evenings as far as dancing to the live music goes?  
Are there any venues where the guests can dance to the band either ballroom or disco?

No dancing allowed in the evenings other than the organised dance classes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BestGuessed said:

Thank you for your reply Sandancer

….  But the silent disco is still going ahead? 🤷🏼‍♀️

32 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That’s up on the open decks I believe- in the fresh air!

Really ..... They kept that quiet :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So you can go to a football match with thousands of people or a nightclub with hundreds, but you can't dance on the ship?

Depends on the ship and cruise line you can currently on Cunard's QE. So obviously a =n individual cruise line management decision because it cannot be a Carnival UK as both P&O and Cunard are both part of it and it cannot be a UK government directive or else Cunard would not be doing it.

Edited by majortom10

27 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Depends on the ship and cruise line you can currently on Cunard's QE. So obviously a =n individual cruise line management decision because it cannot be a Carnival UK as both P&O and Cunard are both part of it and it cannot be a UK government directive or else Cunard would not be doing it.

Dancing allowed on Fred as well In July and August, though, mainly disco up in The Crow's nest, which is the only good sized dancefloor on those ex HAL ships.  Great group playing up there as well.

Thank you to Sandancer, Jean, Majortom, sagaris and tring for the above comments.  It’s very nice to hear that some dancing was happening in the Crystal room yesterday evening.    Was it recorded music or was there a band playing in there sagaris?

Please could I ask anyone who is onboard who is affected by the lack of dancing, whether it is as someone who likes dancing themselves, or as someone  who enjoys watching others dancing whilst sipping a drink or two, if they would consider mentioning it to management?     If enough people comment to management whilst they are onboard, and mention that it’s noticeable that P&O are not currently in line with the other cruise lines regarding evening dancing, it might just make a difference.  If no one comments, it’s unlikely the bigwigs will do anything to change their stance although hopefully, from sagaris’ post today perhaps things might be about to change ….🤔

I am aware that dancing isn’t something that appeals to everyone, and each to their own but as a couple who enjoy dancing to live music, we, and quite a few others will be very disappointed if P&O continue with their present attitude for the foreseeable future.
Thank you!! 😄

On 9/1/2021 at 1:25 PM, thornegirl said:

Yes you can share with others , we were asked do you want to share. Never had that on the other two staycations. We did share on the second night, was really good to be able to do that again.  
also no limits on people in the lifts, the 4 dots have gone!  Plus no tables ‘resting’ I the bars. Quite a few changes since our Iona maiden. 

Can you sit at the Bar Top ? 

2 hours ago, BestGuessed said:

Thank you to Sandancer, Jean, Majortom, sagaris and tring for the above comments.  It’s very nice to hear that some dancing was happening in the Crystal room yesterday evening.    Was it recorded music or was there a band playing in there sagaris?

Please could I ask anyone who is onboard who is affected by the lack of dancing, whether it is as someone who likes dancing themselves, or as someone  who enjoys watching others dancing whilst sipping a drink or two, if they would consider mentioning it to management?     If enough people comment to management whilst they are onboard, and mention that it’s noticeable that P&O are not currently in line with the other cruise lines regarding evening dancing, it might just make a difference.  If no one comments, it’s unlikely the bigwigs will do anything to change their stance although hopefully, from sagaris’ post today perhaps things might be about to change ….🤔

I am aware that dancing isn’t something that appeals to everyone, and each to their own but as a couple who enjoy dancing to live music, we, and quite a few others will be very disappointed if P&O continue with their present attitude for the foreseeable future.
Thank you!! 😄

It was recorded music.

20 minutes ago, sagaris said:

It was recorded music.

That’s a shame … it probably would have been better attended if it had been a live band.   Please keep us posted about any changes that are made with regard to dancing, music and venues. 
Thornegirl’s post above is interesting to read and in view of her comments that people are now able to share a table and the lifts are not restricted it does seem bonkers that the dancing is an issue.  
All feed back you are giving is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Could you provide some feedback as to the drinks menu in Brodies - they used to do "The great british beer menu" - I don't think they call it that but essentially they had an extensive range of bottled beers - Iona doesn't have that - a very paired down selection which is very disappointing.