Likelihood of vaccine only cruises from Florida?

dltaeg

We have a cruise booked for Feb from Florida, the UK has today announced they won't be vaccinating 12-15 years olds. As we will be travelling with our 12 year old he will be unvaccinated and as things stand at the moment we won't be allowed to cruise. 

I know, no body knows for sure but is it likely RC will carry on with cruises requiring vaccines from Florida entering the Bahamas territory from Nov onwards? Do I cancel now and just count my loses? 

8 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

I know, no body knows for sure but is it likely RC will carry on with cruises requiring vaccines from Florida entering the Bahamas territory from Nov onwards?

Do I cancel now and just count my loses? 

Very likely.

No, wait till just before final payment to see if things change.

• Like 1

Personally I would try to move the cruise to a later date.  OTOH, February is a long way off considering how fast things are changing.  Maybe see what your options are so you have a plan if need be.  Hopefully CWC will help, although I don't know what the differences might be in the UK.

I've only seen things tightening, never getting looser. The odds by feb to me are slim. Bahamas and st thomas require everyone over age 12 be vaccinated so the ship cant dock. You would have to bet these islands would all get vaxxed and change their entry. Rcl just matched their ports requirements. 

Seems like a bad bet these ports will change that much by feb. 

John heald from carnival supposed to be on my vista  cruise and cant get entry back to usa in time. You got a lot of things against a cruise in feb for a uk pax.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

We have a cruise booked for Feb from Florida, the UK has today announced they won't be vaccinating 12-15 years olds. As we will be travelling with our 12 year old he will be unvaccinated and as things stand at the moment we won't be allowed to cruise. 

I know, no body knows for sure but is it likely RC will carry on with cruises requiring vaccines from Florida entering the Bahamas territory from Nov onwards? Do I cancel now and just count my loses? 

As things stand at the moment, as Brits we can’t even enter the US (unless we’re somehow exempt or spend 2 weeks in Mexico or somewhere first).

And even if the US border reopens in time we have no idea what the vaccination requirement for entry will be, if any.

So the cruise may be the least of your worries. As others have said, it’s still far too early to say what’ll happen in Feb so probably best to sit tight for now.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Very likely.

No, wait till just before final payment to see if things change.

That's my feeling too. Only problem for us is as we travel as a family of 6 we try to book as early as possible to make sure we get connecting (or next door) staterooms. The later we leave booking the slimmer our chances are. Its a tricky call. 

4 hours ago, dltaeg said:

I am just curious why the UK announced they will not be vaccinating 12-15 year olds.  Are they referring to vaccinating them with AZ?  Canada has been vaccinating 12+ with Pfizer since April.  Likely will be an even younger age bracket vaccinated in a couple of months as well with Pfizer here.

4 hours ago, dltaeg said:

I would sit tight for now and see where everything is at before you make final payment.    

No idea what kind of fall/winter we will all have with covid.   Hopefully nothing like last winter.      

Take care and stay safe!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I am just curious why the UK announced they will not be vaccinating 12-15 year olds.  Are they referring to vaccinating them with AZ?  Canada has been vaccinating 12+ with Pfizer since April.  Likely will be an even younger age bracket vaccinated in a couple of months as well with Pfizer here.

Honestly, I haven't a clue as to why. I'm sure there will be a more political reason to the reason what they've given which is "The science". 

I really don't understand why we give kids the flu jab here from primary school age but then not the covid jab which is causing much more of a problem right now. 

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would sit tight for now and see where everything is at before you make final payment.    

No idea what kind of fall/winter we will all have with covid.   Hopefully nothing like last winter.      

Take care and stay safe!

That's my worry. Feb is right at the end of winter, if we all do have a rough winter with Covid things could be completely shut down by then. I'm going try wait it out for now but I'm making a Plan B ( and C, D, E, F . . ) just in case. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

That's my worry. Feb is right at the end of winter, if we all do have a rough winter with Covid things could be completely shut down by then. I'm going try wait it out for now but I'm making a Plan B ( and C, D, E, F . . ) just in case. 

Is final payment for UK customers the same 90-days before cruise that is for US customers?   

My Plan B (still wait it out until week final payment is due) then if still have issues I would take the existing funds paid on your cruise and move them to a new cruise booking for next spring or summer somewhere in Europe / Med if your child is unable to cruise in the caribbean.   

Nobody can predict this. I would proceed under the assumption that vaccines will still be required for 12 and up by then and at least have a backup plan in your pocket. For now,  Royal will let you request a refund up until 30 days after the requirements for your cruise are announced,  or the sail date, whichever comes first 

• Like 1