Cruising is back on the HORIZON!!! (with pics) – 8/21/2021.

Jamman54

14 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Jeff! So happy to see you and Patti back! Our next Carnival sailing isn't until next August, so your review will have to tide me over.

Hey Kathy! Always glad to have you aboard. We have a lot of cruises booked between now and next August so we'll keep you occupied. :classic_biggrin:

As Patti usually does, she heads out to start taking pictures. She likes to get started before the ship gets to crowded. She starts out with the Reflection Restaurant which is the one level mid ship restaurant on Deck 3 just off the lobby. This is the restaurant where those with traditional dining will eat…..

IMG_2322-X2.jpg

IMG_2321-X2.jpg

IMG_2328-X2.jpg

IMG_2329-X2.jpg

IMG_2332-X2.jpg 

Here are tonight’s menus…..

IMG_2323-X2.jpg

IMG_2324-X2.jpg

IMG_2326-X2.jpg

IMG_2327-X2.jpg

Here are Carnival Adventures and Guest Services which are located on Deck 3 off the lobby…..

IMG_2333-X2.jpg

IMG_2335-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Here is one of several Fun Hubs…..

IMG_2334-X2.jpg

This is the forward Deck 4 elevator lobby…..

IMG_2336-X2.jpg

Another view of the Lobby Dreamscape…..

IMG_2338-XL.jpg

DJ Skoot is spinning tunes in the lobby and poses for Patti…..

IMG_2340-X2.jpg

Here is the Liquid Lounge, located on Decks 4 & 5 forward…..

IMG_2344-X2.jpg

IMG_2347-X2.jpg

IMG_2350-X2.jpg

IMG_2348-X2.jpg

IMG_2349-X2.jpg

Patti steps out onto the Lanai. The no smoking sign is out because the ship is still bunkering……

IMG_2345-X2.jpg

IMG_2346-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 3

Here is some of the seating on Deck 4 in the Lobby…..

IMG_2364-X2.jpg

IMG_2368-X2.jpg

Patti heads aft on the Lower Promenade on Deck 4……

IMG_2391-X2.jpg

The Skybox Sports Bar Deck 4 aft……

IMG_2390-X2.jpg

IMG_2388-X2.jpg

This is the Meridian Restaurant which is on Decks 3 & 4 aft. This the restaurant for YTD and the SeaDay Brunch…..

IMG_2392-X2.jpg

IMG_2393-X2.jpg

IMG_2430-X2.jpg

IMG_2431-X2.jpg

IMG_2432-X2.jpg

To be continued………

• Like 4

Thankyou so much for this review.  I've been following your reviews for years now and have learned so much from them.  We are Canadians and are about to cancel our March 2022 cruise, just too much to deal with.  But am so enjoying your review and hope we can resume cruising in 2023.

• Like 1

Whoohooo!!! Soooooo glad I caught this at the beginning!! Jeff and Patty I hope you all had a wonderful cruise, I cannot wait to read your thoughts on the Horizon! I have been watching the boards as I knew it would be soon! Have very much missed reading your reviews!

~Jay~

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 1

Jamman54 Glad to see you both out cruising again. My count down has 10 days left on it before the wife and i fly in for our Horizon Cruise. Never been on a ship of that size before and very much following your review and looking forward to it. Did you have any trouble spending your OBC ? I am assuming you had cancelled cruise credits.

Thanks Matt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wave61 said:

Thankyou so much for this review.  I've been following your reviews for years now and have learned so much from them.  We are Canadians and are about to cancel our March 2022 cruise, just too much to deal with.  But am so enjoying your review and hope we can resume cruising in 2023.

Glad to have you back on board with us once again. You have some time before you need to cancel, so I would wait to see how things develop. Good luck! 😎

38 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

Whoohooo!!! Soooooo glad I caught this at the beginning!! Jeff and Patty I hope you all had a wonderful cruise, I cannot wait to read your thoughts on the Horizon! I have been watching the boards as I knew it would be soon! Have very much missed reading your reviews!

~Jay~

We are back and glad to have you following along! 😎

34 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Jamman54 Glad to see you both out cruising again. My count down has 10 days left on it before the wife and i fly in for our Horizon Cruise. Never been on a ship of that size before and very much following your review and looking forward to it. Did you have any trouble spending your OBC ? I am assuming you had cancelled cruise credits.

Thanks Matt

You're going to have a great time! We never have a problem spending our OBC. 😁

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

As Patti usually does, she heads out to start taking pictures. She likes to get started before the ship gets to crowded. She starts out with the Reflection Restaurant which is the one level mid ship restaurant on Deck 3 just off the lobby. This is the restaurant where those with traditional dining will eat…..

IMG_2322-X2.jpg

IMG_2321-X2.jpg

IMG_2328-X2.jpg

IMG_2329-X2.jpg

IMG_2332-X2.jpg 

Here are tonight’s menus…..

IMG_2323-X2.jpg

IMG_2324-X2.jpg

IMG_2326-X2.jpg

IMG_2327-X2.jpg

Here are Carnival Adventures and Guest Services which are located on Deck 3 off the lobby…..

IMG_2333-X2.jpg

IMG_2335-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

That's quite a line for Guest Services already.  Do they not take gift cards/cash to add to account in the terminal? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terab85 said:

That's quite a line for Guest Services already.  Do they not take gift cards/cash to add to account in the terminal? 

They do. There are multiple reasons why they are there, but happy to report we had no need to visit there our entire cruise. 😎

5 hours ago, aztekpm said:

Have missed your reviews, its nice seeing your smiling faces once again!  I can't wait until the border opens so we can cruise again too!

Aww, thanks so much! Hoping you guys get to cruise again soon! 😎

2 hours ago, eileen11 said:

I am so thrilled to see your reviews again!  I missed you guys so much and you both look wonderful. God Bless!

Thanks so much! We are thrilled to be back on board again. Glad to have you following along. 😎

• Like 1

I am not sure what could be better than this.  I am 45 minutes from Port Canaveral this morning, getting ready to board the Mardi Gras after following Saint Greg on his cruise this week.  When I get home, there will be a Jamman review on the Horizon, preparing me for my turn on October 10.  Perfect!  

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am not sure what could be better than this.  I am 45 minutes from Port Canaveral this morning, getting ready to board the Mardi Gras after following Saint Greg on his cruise this week.  When I get home, there will be a Jamman review on the Horizon, preparing me for my turn on October 10.  Perfect!  

Life is good! 😁 Enjoy your cruise on the Mardi Gras. We have to wait until April for our turn. 😎

1 hour ago, jimbri said:

So good to see you both again!  Looking forward to your review.

Thanks! Glad to have you along for the ride. 😎

21 minutes ago, mjrcruiser said:

We are going on Mardi Gras April 9th...hope to see you and Patti(?).... truth be told, it can't come fast enough.

Just missed you. We will be on the 23rd & 30th. Can't wait. 😎