Now we are really screwed...

Shippy

Haven't read thread yet, but yes, this stinks.  From what I've seen other lines are offering tests at pier.  They provide facilities but you pay for it.  MSC why not do the same?  

People wanting to go on cruise are supportive of the industry while so many others say why bother with all the hassle.  I already had appts. for the 3 of us scheduled at day 3.

• Like 1

I am scrambling now to readjust my tests. I am on the 9/13 cruise and had a test scheduled for 9/10 which was 3 days.  I was to fly 9/11 and enjoy a pre-cruise weekend in FL but I can’t find a testing facility in the Miami area, so now I need to push my flight to Sunday 9/12 in order to get a test in the timeline.  Thanks CDC, thanks MSC as you tested me in terminal on 8/20.  

4 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Haven't read thread yet, but yes, this stinks.  From what I've seen other lines are offering tests at pier.  They provide facilities but you pay for it.  MSC why not do the same?  

People wanting to go on cruise are supportive of the industry while so many others say why bother with all the hassle.  I already had appts. for the 3 of us scheduled at day 3.

We are so done with all these changes every day with covid testing. If we wouldn’t lose our money, I would definitely cancel. Already rescheduled flights to come in the night before instead of two days, luckily with no penalty but how long does anyone think that will last? MSC needs to ‘man/woman’ up and do the right thing. So done with them. 

• Like 2

I sailed on Mera on 8/20 and they tested all of us the pier at their cost. It was efficient and professional.  With this adjustment in protocols on short notice, I would think MSC would have those test facilities again at the port, even if passengers had to pay.  I for one would pay.  To allow your customers to have to scramble and  not be able to meet the 2 day requirement is  baffling.  

• Like 3

You cannot really blame MSC for this. It was the CDC that changed the regulations so all cruiselines have to follow. If they do not, they cannot sail  from a U.S. port.

I was literally having a breakdown until someone posted about the clinics at the Miami airport. We get in Thursday evening and have decided to schlep all are luggage to the clinic as soon as we get in to get it over with.

That way we HOPE to have a relaxing day in Miami on Friday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Shippy said:

It was the CDC that changed the regulations so all cruiselines have to follow. If they do not, they cannot sail  from a U.S. port.

I don't know that it is useful to "blame" MSC either, but note that they are voluntarily following CDC guidance. It is not a requirement for sailings out of Florida.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruzccl said:

I sailed on Mera on 8/20 and they tested all of us the pier at their cost. It was efficient and professional.  With this adjustment in protocols on short notice, I would think MSC would have those test facilities again at the port, even if passengers had to pay.  I for one would pay.  To allow your customers to have to scramble and  not be able to meet the 2 day requirement is  baffling.  

I wasn't happy with the no testing at pier and having to do in advance.  It created a lot of planning and research.  In one way, it was good if you could get tested in advance to avoid the travel to port but there seems to be a lot of delay in testing and hard to find rapid tests so a difficult situation for cruisers to get it done in time.  And like my controversial thread, I have not seen anything definitive from MSC if you can't get results within 48 hours before trip for cruiseflex or if you test positive within 48 hours. 

4 minutes ago, Shippy said:

You cannot really blame MSC for this. It was the CDC that changed the regulations so all cruiselines have to follow. If they do not, they cannot sail  from a U.S. port.

I was literally having a breakdown until someone posted about the clinics at the Miami airport. We get in Thursday evening and have decided to schlep all are luggage to the clinic as soon as we get in to get it over with.

Hope it all works out for you.  I heard Isiah the gentle giant from St. Lucia in working onboard as a bartender.  If you get on, go see him and he will brighten you day.

9 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I don't know that it is useful to "blame" MSC either, but note that they are voluntarily following CDC guidance. It is not a requirement for sailings out of Florida.

Yes it’s maybe or may not be a requirement, however they could make it so much easier for guests if they reverted to their own testing again. 

43 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I don’t blame MSC for the ever evolving protocols.  Like other cruise lines I wish they would provide testing at pier (at customer cost) for the short term cruiser flying in during the next few days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzccl said:

I am scrambling now to readjust my tests. I am on the 9/13 cruise and had a test scheduled for 9/10 which was 3 days.  I was to fly 9/11 and enjoy a pre-cruise weekend in FL but I can’t find a testing facility in the Miami area, so now I need to push my flight to Sunday 9/12 in order to get a test in the timeline.  Thanks CDC, thanks MSC as you tested me in terminal on 8/20.  

Rapid Covid test can be done at Miami Airport. 2 locations.

Go to MIami-airport.com and click on Covid testing. Walk Ins and appts are available. 

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, phissy said:

Rapid Covid test can be done at Miami Airport. 2 locations.

Go to MIami-airport.com and click on Covid testing. Walk Ins and appts are available. 

Airport covid testing website:  https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

Miami-Dade's website for county provided testing:  https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page.  Use the port zip code (33132) or the zip code of your hotel. The site also has links to other providers (pharmacies, medical centers).

• Thanks 1

I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale Airport. It looks like they're offering tests there also; $59 for Rapid Antigen. 👍

COVID19%20Test%20Site%20T3%20%281%29.png

https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx

Q: What types of COVID-19 tests does Nomi Health offer? 
A: Three types of tests are offered: Rapid Antigen, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), and Rapid PCR  

Q: What are the prices for each test?
A: $159 for a Rapid PCR; $99 for a PCR test; and $59 for a rapid Antigen test (tax included)

Q: What forms of payment does Nomi Health accept?
A: Credit, debit cards (touch-free and e-mail receipts)

Q: Will Nomi Health file insurance claims for the customers?
A: No. We will provide passengers with information to seek reimbursement.

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

MSC was touting originally that at THEIR COST, they would be testing everyone at the pier. Guess they ran the numbers and saw it would be more of a loss then it was worth. So let’s put it on the guests who need a spreadsheet to just stay up to date with all their changes every other day it seems like. 

I doubt the cost is a factor, as the test kits cost less than $1 per person (for example - the retail price for the kits in German supermarkets starts at €0.80, and from €3 in pharmacies).  

12 hours ago, Shippy said:

BLESS YOU>>>>

I can now sleep tonight.

I did check on them.

One is 24 hrs the other 7am to 9 pm

both offer rapid tests

Did you happen to find out the price? I'm flying into Lauderdale and it will be my second option if I can't do it in my home state. Miami will be my third option if the first two options fall through. 

1 hour ago, kilkoyne said:

Did you happen to find out the price? I'm flying into Lauderdale and it will be my second option if I can't do it in my home state. Miami will be my third option if the first two options fall through. 

According to the Fort Lauderdale Airport website's Covid FAQs (https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx😞

A: $159 for a Rapid PCR; $99 for a PCR test; and $59 for a rapid Antigen test (tax included)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

According to the Fort Lauderdale Airport website's Covid FAQs (https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx😞

I wondered if the Miami Airport would be the same price. I would "assume" so but the prices are not listed on their MIA website.

1 minute ago, kilkoyne said:

I wondered if the Miami Airport would be the same price. I would "assume" so but the prices are not listed on their MIA website.

No, rapid Antigen is $79.

That is still cheaper than if I was able to get tested at home.

12 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

According to the Miami Airport website (https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/):

Test costs range from $79 to $179.