Celebrity Constellation dry dock?

Ilovesailaway

5 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

DW and I are looking to book for a Med cruise in 2022. I thought I had read somewhere that Constellation was due for a major refurb in 2020 but it didn't happen cause of covid. Any idea when or if it has been rescheduled? I would love to book after if possible.

Dry dock completed in Cadiz, but not a "refurb" - you're probably thinking of "Revolution".  That was scheduled to occur right after the COVID shutdown (May 2020).  With money tight, I don't expect to see that next year.

I wonder when they added those seven Cat 6 O/V staterooms on Deck 3 outside Qsine on the Port side where the Wine Cellar used to be?  I thought those were added during Revolution on the other M-Class ships?  They don't have them on Infinity.  

Edited by Auntiemomo

34 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

DW and I are looking to book for a Med cruise in 2022. I thought I had read somewhere that Constellation was due for a major refurb in 2020 but it didn't happen cause of covid. Any idea when or if it has been rescheduled? I would love to book after if possible.

There are several ships "waiting" for upgrades.  Including Infinity which I'm on next year.  But no specific dates yet.

7 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I wonder when they added those seven Cat 6 O/V staterooms on Deck 3 outside Qsine on the Port side where the Wine Cellar used to be?  I thought those were added during Revolution on the other M-Class ships?  They don't have them on Infinity.  

3115~3119 occupy the old wine cellar and seating space ('the wine room').  3121~3127 were the 'front' of Ocean Liners. 

IIRC, those cabins were added at the same time Infinity's Ocean Liners was discontinued in favor of Qsine, which seems to require less space.  Didn't that reshuffle occur ca. 2011?

On Infinity, Tuscan occupies that space instead of Qsine.   Evidently they felt they needed more room for Tuscan (no surprise there) than they did for Qsine on Constellation, hence Tuscan still retaining that space on Infinity, and no cabins there.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

On Infinity, Tuscan occupies that space instead of Qsine.   Evidently they felt they needed more room for Tuscan (no surprise there) than they did for Qsine on Constellation, hence Tuscan still retaining that space on Infinity, and no cabins there.

They have 3115-3127 & Tuscan on Millennium.

@canderson is mostlyright.  Constellation was the first M-Class ship to go through the Solsticization upgrades and the original plan was Tusan Grill replacing the Conservatory and QSine replacing the Ocean Liner themed French restaurant.  After she was complete and back in service Celebrity switched the plan in the other 3 M-Class ships and put Tuscan in place of the french Restaraunt and Qusine where the Conservatory originally was.  In a subsequent drydock of Constellation, prior to the Revolution upgrades being even on the horizon, Celebrity added the extra cabins port side on deck 3 and shrunk Q-Sine and did not swap it's location with Tuscan to match the other 3 ships.  Infinity was the last of the 4 ships to get the Solsticization and is the only one to not yet have the extra cabins added - Millenium and Summit both have them (I'm not sure if they were added during an intermediate drydock like Constellation, or during the Revolution upgrades) and therefore have a smaller Tuscan Grill than Infinity.  Infinity will most likely get the extra cabins if/when she goes through the Revolution upgrades.  Confused yet???? LOL

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

3115~3119 occupy the old wine cellar and seating space ('the wine room').  3121~3127 were the 'front' of Ocean Liners. 

IIRC, those cabins were added at the same time Infinity's Ocean Liners was discontinued in favor of Qsine, which seems to require less space.  Didn't that reshuffle occur ca. 2011?

Wine cellar was for storage or a place you can drink wine?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Wine cellar was for storage or a place you can drink wine?

It was both a cellar display area and a small seating space for more intimate dining at Ocean Liners (Constellation) and the other M class ship's specialty restaurants.  If you were looking for a bottle of Chateau d'Yquem, that's where you'd find it.

To answer your question about the Constellation's schedule, as far as I know she starts sailing from Tampa Nov 7 and the last sailing I have seen on the schedule is 2/14/2022... all from Tampa... in fact we are booked on a B2B for 2 of the cruises in Feb..

Tom

19 minutes ago, PBRguy said:

To answer your question about the Constellation's schedule, as far as I know she starts sailing from Tampa Nov 7 and the last sailing I have seen on the schedule is 2/14/2022... all from Tampa... in fact we are booked on a B2B for 2 of the cruises in Feb..

Tom

She's in Tampa until she has a TA from Tampa to Barcelona on April 18 2022. Thereafter she is in the Med without any pause until October when she returns to Tampa.

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@canderson is mostlyright.  Constellation was the first M-Class ship to go through the Solsticization upgrades and the original plan was Tusan Grill replacing the Conservatory and QSine replacing the Ocean Liner themed French restaurant.  After she was complete and back in service Celebrity switched the plan in the other 3 M-Class ships and put Tuscan in place of the french Restaraunt and Qusine where the Conservatory originally was.  In a subsequent drydock of Constellation, prior to the Revolution upgrades being even on the horizon, Celebrity added the extra cabins port side on deck 3 and shrunk Q-Sine and did not swap it's location with Tuscan to match the other 3 ships.  Infinity was the last of the 4 ships to get the Solsticization and is the only one to not yet have the extra cabins added - Millenium and Summit both have them (I'm not sure if they were added during an intermediate drydock like Constellation, or during the Revolution upgrades) and therefore have a smaller Tuscan Grill than Infinity.  Infinity will most likely get the extra cabins if/when she goes through the Revolution upgrades.  Confused yet???? LOL

We did a TA on Constellation in April 2016 and stayed in 3144.  Tuscan was where the Conservatory was, and Ocean liners was still there, with the entrance mid-ship.  They must have added those 7 O/V staterooms sometime after that.  

16 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

We did a TA on Constellation in April 2016 and stayed in 3144.  Tuscan was where the Conservatory was, and Ocean liners was still there, with the entrance mid-ship.  They must have added those 7 O/V staterooms sometime after that.  

You know, that is correct - Qsine was added in the next drydock which was when the  extra cabins were added.  Now that you jogged my memory I remember eating at Ocean Liners on my Transatlantic on Connie, which was her first sailing after the Solsticization upgrades.  I'm so sad those venues have been removed by Celebrity, they were truly special spaces with excellent cuisine.

I think it's very unlikely now that Constellation or Infinity will ever receive the Revolution refurb under the Celebrity flag. Both have had recent maintenance dry docking so in the ordinary course of events, it is unlikely they will be drydocked again for 3 to 5 years. 

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It is funny that so many people are crazy about this „revoluzionized“ ships as it stands for more cabins and people and less public space... On Royal Caribbean ships this is even more significant.

Agree, 100%

On 9/5/2021 at 6:46 AM, Saab4444 said:

It is funny that so many people are crazy about this „revoluzionized“ ships as it stands for more cabins and people and less public space... On Royal Caribbean ships this is even more significant.

Have you sailed on one of the revolutionized M-Class ships? 

Frankly, the transformations are astounding. The renovated public spaces are spectacular, and the stateroom stripping and total rebuild is nothing short of miraculous. My only gripe is that they ended up canceling the planed refurb of Cellar Masters into the craft beer pub concept that was initially planned... that bit of the ship sticks out like a circa-mid-2000's concept these days.

As someone who enjoys unique itineraries, I'm so happy that Celebrity invested money to keep these ships relevant, instead of selling/scrapping them. Our last two Celebrity cruises were on revolutionized M-Class ships, and we've already booked our next for 2022 on the class.