On Getaway's Relaunch next week. Anything people want to see?

ScratchTheRat

I will be sailing on the first cruise on Getaway out of Rome next week.

I run a vlog where I will post lots of video content (www.youtube.com/kascapades) but is there anything you guys would like to see/know? Menus etc?

Let me know here and I'll post on here next week with answers! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Man.  We were on the last cruise on this ship in March 2020.  I can’t believe it’s Sept 2021 and we were the last ones to sail.  Have fun.

I would also like to see how they are going to do Syd’s.  It’s a great place on the ship and was always packed.  Interested in seeing it they will go back to the “stage show” band or something else to try to keep the crowds down.

Thank you ScratchTheRat for the offer.  We are a party of 6 sailing on the October 14th.  A couple of things that we are interested in is traveling with the new EU restrictions. We do know that these restrictions are for the "Un-vaccinated" travelers. The questions that we have are:

#1  Since we will be there 2 days for our sailing, are places open or locked down?

#2  Should we look into using Euro's instead of Dollars?

12 hours ago, OceanDreams said:

Thank you ScratchTheRat for the offer.  We are a party of 6 sailing on the October 14th.  A couple of things that we are interested in is traveling with the new EU restrictions. We do know that these restrictions are for the "Un-vaccinated" travelers. The questions that we have are:

#1  Since we will be there 2 days for our sailing, are places open or locked down?

#2  Should we look into using Euro's instead of Dollars?

In Italy, everything is open as usual. There is a local regulation that is in place saying that cruise passengers (vaccinated and unvaccinated) must only do cruise shore excursions and stay in their bubble.

I'd not take dollars at all. Nowhere will accept them. Euros are accepted in Greece and Italy, Croatia's currency is krone but they will sometimes take Euros. Best way to prepare is take SOME EUR and use a credit card with a good exchange rate 🙂

I am on the October 14 sailing out of Rome for this ship.  Please post your experiences with using the CDC card to get into certain museums, restaurants when off the ship and if there are any issues.

Also have they added any new excursions for Naples, or what are the current list of excursions you can book?  I see the same ole 13 listed and no new ones yet to book.  My original one got canceled that was the Unlimited Attraction pass.

Hi, I booked today for Getaway 25 October- just went on NCL and do not seem to be able to book speciality dining or for shows. We are a party of 4 one of us platinum the others gold- will we be able to use the platinum status(which was earned on last cruise) to book speciality dining - we are thinking of booking speciality dining for whole cruise - will it be an issue to book? 

Edited by kenzie
Incomplete

I will also be interested in all the new travel requirements for this ship/itinerary.  We will be on the Getaway a month later and it will be nice to know what to expect.  I say this also fully knowing that things can change daily and even hourly so your experience may still differ from ours.  Thanks!!

On 9/7/2021 at 2:15 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

In Italy, everything is open as usual. There is a local regulation that is in place saying that cruise passengers (vaccinated and unvaccinated) must only do cruise shore excursions and stay in their bubble.

I'd not take dollars at all. Nowhere will accept them. Euros are accepted in Greece and Italy, Croatia's currency is krone but they will sometimes take Euros. Best way to prepare is take SOME EUR and use a credit card with a good exchange rate

Thank you ScratchTheRat for the information. If I'm understanding you correctly is that even if we don't board the ship until the 14th yet we are arriving on the 12th. We CAN NOT see anything in Rome unless we book through the ship. If that correct?

OceanDreams

5 hours ago, OceanDreams said:

Thank you ScratchTheRat for the information. If I'm understanding you correctly is that even if we don't board the ship until the 14th yet we are arriving on the 12th. We CAN NOT see anything in Rome unless we book through the ship. If that correct?

OceanDreams

If you do stuff in Rome before boarding the ship, there's nothing to stop you! Just make sure you test negative at the terminal 🙂

• Like 1