Athens Gate Hotel

ski ww

• 2 weeks later...

Our hotel Electra Palace booked a taxi to take my wife & I to the airport at 7AM.  They told me it will cost 35 euros.  I was watching the meter tick over & when we stopped at the airport it was 28 euros, I thought good, I’ll give 30 euros, hence, a 2 euro tip.  As soon as he turned the taxi off, he pressed various buttons on the meter & the price jumped up to 52 euros.  I asked him why is the fare so expensive as the hotel told me 35 euros, he told me I had to pay for toll roads, airport entry fee & for 2 extra large suitcases.  I told him the suitcases aren’t extra large, to open up the boot & we’ll check the sizes.  As soon as the boot opened I pulled out the suitcases & then reluctantly gave him 40 euros.  He complained as he was 12 euros short & I said why don’t you call the police… I then shouted out to my wife “call the police” the driver then jumped in his taxi & sped away.  Moral of the story, always confirm the price before you put your bags in any taxi, there’s never a cheap taxi in a big city like Athens.

After I made my booking at the Athens Gate I received this info with a link to click.  It is 5 Euros more than a taxi and after reading the health protocols ect, we booked.  Arriving Oct. 16 2021.

How to arrive at The Athens Gate Hotel

We would like to offer you the warmest possible welcome to Athens. A trusted, professional, English-speaking driver will pick you up at the gate right on time and drive you directly to the hotel's door. Affordable flat price, free cancellation.

Pricing

Taxes and gratuity included

From Airport

From€43.0

From Piraeus Port

From€30.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsTravelBug said:
After I made my booking at the Athens Gate I received this info with a link to click.  It is 5 Euros more than a taxi and after reading the health protocols ect, we booked.  Arriving Oct. 16 2021.

How to arrive at The Athens Gate Hotel

We would like to offer you the warmest possible welcome to Athens. A trusted, professional, English-speaking driver will pick you up at the gate right on time and drive you directly to the hotel's door. Affordable flat price, free cancellation.

Pricing

Taxes and gratuity included

From Airport

From€43.0

From Piraeus Port

From€30.0

In 2019, I booked through Athens Gate hotel to pick up from airport to hotel and hotel to pier.  The driver was waiting at the airport with a sign and a different driver was on time at hotel pick up.  Both cars were clean.
🇨🇦

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, ski ww said:

Does any one know if the Athens Gate Hotel has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, thanks?

We stayed there 2 weeks ago.   No shuttle.  We prebooked through CatTaxi - would highly recommend.   They were waiting with our names outside baggage claim.    Cheaper than a regular taxi if you book round trip.   Very responsive to questions.