Hot tottie on Alaska cruises?

Taishartrueblood

On 9/7/2021 at 8:38 AM, Fouremco said:

I remember them for their burgers, but have no recollection of their coffee. I either never tried it or it was so bad that I've blocked it from my memory!

And the fact that everyone ate their burgers with a knife and fork! Never tried their coffee (worked at an upscale coffee shop at the time) but this thread does not encourage me to go and try the special coffees on Celebrity1

9 hours ago, patty1955 said:

No, we were told the conditions (ice)  wouldn't allow the ship to get to Juneau on time if the captain went any closer. The part that confused us was when we realized that we were heading away from the glacier, we went to customer relations and were told we must have slept through it. She insisted we had gone up to the glacier. Since we got up at 5:30, we knew we hadn't slept though it. 

oh, I'm sorry, I do hope that you get to see it some day.  

11 hours ago, dgoz said:

Is viewing the glacier from your balcony not at good?

That depends, the ship came in and kept the bow toward the glacier for a while, did a slow circle, and then left.  It was in early June and there was still a lot of ice in the water.  So we did not get as close as cruises in July and August may have gotten.  

Growing up in the south,I learned at an early age that at the first sign of a sniffle or sore throat the immediate remedy was what my mother referred to as a "hot toddy".  Boil a port of water, make 2/3-cup of tea, add a shot of bourbon, and the add honey and lemon to taste.  Drink two or three and crawl into bed under as many covers as you can tolerate.

Wake up the next day as good as new.

I still do this and highly recommend it to my friends.