Hot tottie on Alaska cruises?

Taishartrueblood

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

The two have rather different meanings in the UK at least, so be careful what you order 🙂

Yes it made me smile as well. Make sure you order a hot “toddy” as the other may be a bit of a surprise!

The best hot toddy has whisky, honey and hot water. Great for the cold.

*grins okay this made me smile. My mom gave me hot toddy’s for ANY cold symptoms… when I was…maybe 10. 😬 Child protective services might have an issue with that now. 🤣 She also used mustard plasters and warm onions in my socks. Yes I am that old…with a British mom. Hahaha! Just cracked myself up remembering the  “remedies”. Carry on! Happy cruising!! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

I have gotten Hot Toddy’s at Cafe al Baccio on several occasions. Some are better than others but still tasty. 

A few years ago it was funny watching an Irish cruiser express his disgust at the quality of the Irish Coffee served at Cafe al Baccia.

The team member asked the passenger to help him make them better, there were around 6-7 passengers who watched the live instruction and voila the Irish coffee was transformed into something drinkable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I found the cappuccinos dire in July - nothing better than what I call 'Wimpy' coffee (for those that remember Wimpy bars from the UK in the 60s and 70s).

Regards,

Cublet

I remember them for their burgers, but have no recollection of their coffee. I either never tried it or it was so bad that I've blocked it from my memory!

You should ask for a hot toddy 🤗.  

it really doesn’t matter on how you spell it it is how you say it  

I would recommend having the recipe and telling them how to make it.  Many times because of the different in  languages they don’t know what it is but if you tell them they will make it 

All in fun 

Hope this helps

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸😔po

Edited by miched

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I remember them for their burgers, but have no recollection of their coffee. I either never tried it or it was so bad that I've blocked it from my memory!

Hello,

Imagine half a grapefruit having eaten the flesh, imagine it made of glass and that's the coffee cup - so you could see exactly how milky it was. Your had a choice of coffee, ie you had a choice of having a coffee or you didn't.

I'm sure things have moved on since then but I am 100% sure I have not been inside a Wimpy this millennium.

But, to be fair, I did prefer their burgers to 'the other place' as the buns were toasted. And that quite neatly brings us back, more or less, to the topic title.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, DaKahuna said:

On our last Alaskan cruise, they were selling Irish coffee and coffee with Bailey’s on the deck outside going to/from the bow of the ship, helo pad, where most people were going to watch the glacier. 

Is viewing the glacier from your balcony not at good?

14 minutes ago, dgoz said:

Is viewing the glacier from your balcony not at good?

The captain will turn the ship so that all sides have a chance to view, but they often park head on for a bit, too.  It's an opportunity to see it from a different angle as well as to access the helipad area, which isn't generally open on a lot of cruises.  You can spend quite a while watching the glacier to see everything that's going on.  Unless you live near one or do lots of Alaska cruises, it's a once-in-a-lifetime type of experience for most people.

24 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

The captain will turn the ship so that all sides have a chance to view, but they often park head on for a bit, too.  It's an opportunity to see it from a different angle as well as to access the helipad area, which isn't generally open on a lot of cruises.  You can spend quite a while watching the glacier to see everything that's going on.  Unless you live near one or do lots of Alaska cruises, it's a once-in-a-lifetime type of experience for most people.

Or you might be like us on our July 23rd cruise and not see it at all. 

The weather may not be very cold temp wise  but you will get cold standing  outside.   Take gloves and a hat, earmuffs and etc,    Dress in layers as you can remove them if getting too warm.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Patty, why couldn't you see it?  were you fogged out?

No, we were told the conditions (ice)  wouldn't allow the ship to get to Juneau on time if the captain went any closer. The part that confused us was when we realized that we were heading away from the glacier, we went to customer relations and were told we must have slept through it. She insisted we had gone up to the glacier. Since we got up at 5:30, we knew we hadn't slept though it.