Can’t get through to UK RCI office to cancel due to Covid

ellie1145

We are due to fly out to Limassol on Saturday to join Jewel of the Seas around the Greek Islands, but our son has just tested positive for Covid. We have tried and tried to get through to the UK office but they say ‘we are busy, call again’ and drop the call. We spoke to the US office this evening but they cannot help as they cannot access UK reservations and all they could suggest was to email RCI. We have done as advised but the response time can be up to 72 hours.

We are pretty frantic as we need to cancel this cruise asap.

We have used 0344 493 4005 and 0344 493 2069 but neither numbers have a waiting system and just cut the call as they say they are busy.

Has anyone had any success contacting RCI in the UK?

Any help would be gratefully received.

16 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

We are due to fly out to Limassol on Saturday to join Jewel of the Seas around the Greek Islands, but our son has just tested positive for Covid. We have tried and tried to get through to the UK office but they say ‘we are busy, call again’ and drop the call. We spoke to the US office this evening but they cannot help as they cannot access UK reservations and all they could suggest was to email RCI. We have done as advised but the response time can be up to 72 hours.

We have used 0344 493 4005 and 0344 493 2069 but neither numbers have a waiting system and just cut the call as they say they are busy.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/resources/contact-us

they usually have a live chat box during day

good luck!

43 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

As far as I know the UK number routes thru to a foreign (US?) Operator. I don't think they have a call centre in the UK. Try the option for 'new bookings' when you call, you might get through to someone. 

Sorry to hear about your son getting covid. I hope it's only mild and no-one else in the family get it.

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

As far as I know the UK number routes thru to a foreign (US?) Operator. I don't think they have a call centre in the UK. Try the option for 'new bookings' when you call, you might get through to someone. 

Sorry to hear about your son getting covid. I hope it's only mild and no-one else in the family get it.

They do have a UK call centre but Covid is being used as an excuse for appalling customer service. Only after hours do they re route to the USA but they can’t help us. 

They do not answer the phone. When you get through there is a recorded message saying they are busy, call again, then the line is cut. There is no queuing system.  You cannot wait for the next available operator. They just cut the call   It is simply appalling service from a multi National company 

We will keep trying but need to cancel within the 48 hour window.

So frustrating as it’s bad enough worrying about our son without this nightmare phone system. It is totally different from the USA  At least in the USA there is a queuing system.  

Edited by ellie1145

39 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

We will keep trying but need to cancel within the 48 hour window.

What a disappointment for you all.

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the 48 hour window does not apply if someone in your travel party tests positive and that under those circumstances you can cancel for a refund right up until the ship sails.

In any case, I hope your son recovers quickly and the rest of the family stays safe and well.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

What a disappointment for you all.

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the 48 hour window does not apply if someone in your travel party tests positive and that under those circumstances you can cancel for a refund right up until the ship sails.

In any case, I hope your son recovers quickly and the rest of the family stays safe and well.

Thank you so much for that information, I think we were so panicked we didn’t realise that but it makes sense.

We have finally got through and cancelled - albeit reluctantly. 

It’s a relief but we feel very sad and just hope our son recovers quickly (he is double vaccinated).

• Like 3