PLF ( Passenger Locater Form)

daveoc

7 minutes ago, Bgees said:

Are you certain? The website doesn't say thatl. It says that it should be completed in the 48 hours before boarding, not 48 hours before boarding.

Loads of people have completed them for return on 5th Nov and got acknowledgement codes and pdf's to print out.  Also Princess's iinstructions are that they can be filled in 21 days before return.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

So you are saying that the quote from the Government website that if your cruise is less than 19 days you fill form in within 48 hrs of boarding is wrong.

Yes.

What the website says and what it does are two different things entirely.

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

You have to fill it in no later than 48 hours before you board, not in the 48 hours before boarding.

I have not seen that anywhere, I think Wowzz may possibly have made a mistake.

Some cruise lines are asking for them to be completed before embarkation.

CLIA have negotiated the opportunity to fill them in early for cruises, due to connectivity problems at sea when they had to be filled in within 48 hours of arrival, as is still the case for non cruise arrivals into the UK.

Edited by tring

Still unsure about this one for our cruise on Oct 22 to Caribbean.

Is it the PLF HAS to be completed before P&O will allow embarkation ?

And this HAS to be done at least 48hours beforehand ?

And therefore as these new tests are not available until 22nd we have to book a PCR.

Even though existing LFT are available to book online now.

And the new tests could be booked during the cruise in advance of a return to UK.

Edited by Baggy178

1 hour ago, Baggy178 said:

Still unsure about this one for our cruise on Oct 22 to Caribbean.

Is it the PLF HAS to be completed before P&O will allow embarkation ?

And this HAS to be done at least 48hours beforehand ?

And therefore as these new tests are not available until 22nd we have to book a PCR.

Even though existing LFT are available to book online now.

And the new tests could be booked during the cruise in advance of a return to UK.

So for those on the p &o transatlantic cruise 22nd October 2021 returning to UK by air from Barbados, you just register the Plf now then once in Madeira 25th October you order on line the cheaper day 2 antigen test as it will be available to buy  by then and get the email back with ref number then 2 days before flying back continue to fill in plf with the day 2 ref number and submit form.

There is another thread relating to this which you will also find useful I believe the above to be right though no one has replied in agreement.

I'm on same cruise and will go with the above. Unless some proves it is wrong.

Edited by gandalf1

44 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

So for those on the p &o transatlantic cruise 22nd October 2021 returning to UK by air from Barbados, you just register the Plf now then once in Madeira 25th October you order on line the cheaper day 2 antigen test as it will be available to buy  by then and get the email back with ref number then 2 days before flying back continue to fill in plf with the day 2 ref number and submit form.

There is another thread relating to this which you will also find useful I believe the above to be right though no one has replied in agreement.

I'm on same cruise and will go with the above. Unless some proves it is wrong.

It must be right because if you're arriving back into the Uk by air it's impossible to fill in the PLF fully until at least 48 hours before the return flight.

20 hours ago, tring said:

Loads of people have completed them for return on 5th Nov and got acknowledgement codes and pdf's to print out.  Also Princess's iinstructions are that they can be filled in 21 days before return.

Folk should remember that the vaccination letters have an expiry date. I think 28, or 30 days.

Thanks to the handy info on the thread we have now completed our PLFs with LFT tests ordered through Testing for all. Thanks for the heads up. The test cost £19 each so not bad I suppose. We travel on G135 23 - 30 Oct.

Thanks for the 19£ find -- though thats only a 1£ saving from my pcr in 2 weeks .. Heres hoping if this stays as the norm through 2022 this can be simply absorbed into the price and organized onboard.. My sail for next week has been stress city not so much because its difficult to do but the cruise companies letters and the govt plf website seem to be giving you different info at the same time.. mainly due to certain cruise companies mixing the words "later - from - prior - within - before" sometimes in the same paragraph.. 🙂

1 hour ago, ighten said:

My sail for next week has been stress city not so much because its difficult to do but the cruise companies letters and the govt plf website seem to be giving you different info at the same time.. mainly due to certain cruise companies mixing the words "later - from - prior - within - before" sometimes in the same paragraph..

100% agree plus also why have 2 words that mean the same thing and nothing is clear and simple which leads to unnecessary stress which you don't need when planning a nice vacation.

I dread to hear the moans groans of disgruntled passengers on my next cruise and the staff that will undoubtedly feel stressed having to deal with it which leads to an unhappy atmosphere.

Edited by gandalf1

5 minutes ago, PCM123 said:

This thread is so useful, we’ve just ordered our LFT for return in to the uk on the 6th November from testing for all, we will now be able to fill out our PLF ready to submit when in Barbados 

Well done 👏 

2 hours ago, Bgees said:

Thanks to the handy info on the thread we have now completed our PLFs with LFT tests ordered through Testing for all. Thanks for the heads up. The test cost £19 each so not bad I suppose. We travel on G135 23 - 30 Oct.

Hi,

Please may I ask you 

Did you order more than one LFt test in the order ? If I order the four that I need will it send me four codes needed for the PLF ? 

many thanks

Nicky

7 minutes ago, niccynoo66 said:

Hi,

Please may I ask you 

Did you order more than one LFt test in the order ? If I order the four that I need will it send me four codes needed for the PLF ? 

many thanks

Nicky

I ordered three together (for me and our two children) with a single code for the plf (me and two children) and a single one for my wife and put the code onto her plf.

It only sent one code for the three ordered together and one for the single order. However, I don't know if you could use the same code for two different plf's. I hope this makes some kind of sense!

3 minutes ago, Bgees said:

It only sent one code for the three ordered together and one for the single order. However, I don't know if you could use the same code for two different plf's. I hope this makes some kind of sense!

A couple of mates of mine have just come back from Spain, and used the same code for each of their PLFs.  They did actually purchase a test each, one of them couldn't find his code when he filled out the PLF.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bgees said:

I ordered three together (for me and our two children) with a single code for the plf (me and two children) and a single one for my wife and put the code onto her plf.

Yes, I think I get it ! I need 4, three adults and one child. I may make separate orders to be safe and get a different code each time ! 

They have a tel support number so I may hold off ordering tonight and call them first thing. 

Thanks so much for the quick reply ,

best wishes

Nicky

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

A couple of mates of mine have just come back from Spain, and used the same code for each of their PLFs.  They did actually purchase a test each, one of them couldn't find his code when he filled out the PLF.

Thank you, it seems I need a code for PLF and then I need to activate each separate test by registering an email so the one code should work to complete the PLF ,

thanks again

Nicky

4 hours ago, Cristaltips said:

It’s only the bar code that expires after a month. The letter is always proof of vaccination status and can be used as proof

The PLF asks you to upload the code.

Do you have a QR code that you can use to verify your vaccination status.

If it has expired....good luck.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

The PLF requires details if your vaccination status.

Yes, as well as a number of other things.  As I said ours are both done, as are ones a number of other people have completed and all of those have been accepted. 

3 hours ago, tring said:

Yes, as well as a number of other things.  As I said ours are both done, as are ones a number of other people have completed and all of those have been accepted. 

Am I the only one that thinks that these tests are just a theatrical waste of time ?

Yes, I have my PCR test ready for when we return to the UK in early November, but I certainly won't be swabing my tonsils, although I will stick the swab up my nose. 

What happens, if your swab is inconclusive?