PLF ( Passenger Locater Form)

daveoc

7 minutes ago, Cruise Puss said:

This may be a stupid question,but are you filling the form out on the Gov.UK website?

Yes that is a stupid question and yes is the answer 

this is the new checklist for sailings from Southampton (the Caribbean cruises have their own checklist stating 48 hours) and the gov.uk plf site matches with the 21 day rule provided you have selected P&O cruises and I would presume the same would be true for RCL, Cunard, princess etc. It all changed on the 30th September so it is a new rule

Pre-cruise checklist

Please remember to do the following before you travel:

• Check your details are up to date in My P&O Cruises
  • Link your booking with your travelling group (if relevant)
  • Obtain evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status
  • Arrange appropriate travel insurance and have proof of your policy
  • Register for the UK government’s Passenger Locator Form (PLF). You can complete and submit the form 21 days prior to your planned arrival date back into the UK
  • Check-in online
  • Book a COVID-19 test ready to take two days after you return home in the UK for all guests aged five years and above. This is a requirement of the UK government and it is essential that you book it in advance as you need to provide the booking reference on the PLF
  • Bring a data-enabled device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) to complete/show the PLF re-entry documentation
  • Print e-tickets, boarding passes and luggage labels
  • Pre-book on-board activities in My P&O Cruises
  • Complete Health Declaration in My P&O Cruises between one and three days before your holiday
  • Pack face masks and hand sanitiser
  • Pack black tie evening wear for Celebration Night
  • If you’re travelling to Barbados, you must complete the Barbados Immigration and Customs form. This is available through the website or BIMsafe app
Edited by smokey01

20 hours ago, Sir Cumference said:

Does the form have to be filled in on a phone or can it be done on a laptop computer? I am unable to use a phone to complete forms due the the small numbers & letters - and my large fingers. Alternatively, could someone else (Reception? Librarian? Captain?) do it for me? I'm getting myself into such a state about it that I might just cancel the holiday. The full balance has been paid - can I still transfer to another cruise?

Yes, you can fill in the form on your laptop, or tablet. Remember that they will send you a QR code by email. Unless you want to take your own printer, you will need to have someone else print it, or show that email on your device. A phone would be easier that showing your laptop to the officials. They may not want to see it anyway, but you can't bank on that. My BIL was waved through at Gatwick as the queue was getting a bit long. Anyone with nimble fingers could fill it in for you.🤣

1 hour ago, smokey01 said:

I believe it is 48 hours for the majority of people, but for me having selected that I am going on a P&O cruise it changes from 48 hours to 21 days. They will probably stick with saying 48 hours and rely on the cruise companies to inform their passengers that there is a special cruise rule provided that no flight is involved I.e. fly cruises are still governed by the 48 hour timescale.

No mention of 21 days here - https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Just now, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife has just taken 30 minutes to fill in the PLF for me and her, many tuts and cursing along the way. Took several attempts for it to accept the QR vaccine code.

What happens if you don't have the technology?

Been having problems with the QR code as well.  

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife has just taken 30 minutes to fill in the PLF for me and her, many tuts and cursing along the way. Took several attempts for it to accept the QR vaccine code.

Absolutely!

I started and had to give up as it didn't accept the photo my tablet took.  It was telling me I would have to show proof at the border and wouldn't let me go back and try again!😁

Not sure where to go from here to be honest.

What a way to start what is supposed to be a relaxing holiday!

2 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

P&O have to provide a member of staff and a computer terminal, otherwise the passenger cannot disembark and P&O will likely get a big fine if they kick them off not having complete PLF. 

However seeing the world of pain to the reception staff were going through today to get someone registered, it isn’t going to be fun. 

14 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

C451E856-B0C9-43E0-B497-49A70D29C7C8.thumb.png.69b05cf74c437d542bb8a701e28fe042.png

So you have to go beyond the ‘don’t fill this page in’ to get the ‘it’s ok to fill this page in’. 

Just when you thought the government couldn’t get any more incompetent. 

• Like 1

So sorry, but this is really beginning to worry me now and stress me out. Firstly, I accept that I am not sailing until Christmas and that a number of things may (and will) change before then. However, my (mild) OCD means that I like to know well in advance exactly what I need to do when the time comes. 

Ideally, I'd like "an idiot's guide" (Yes, I acknowledge I'm an idiot - so there is no need to remind me of that) to everything I need to do before, during and after my cruise. To be of any use to me it should avoid (or explain in simple terms) phrases such as "download", "scan", "input", "URL" etc.! Is there such a document?

Edited by Sir Cumference
Typo

12 hours ago, Sir Cumference said:

So sorry, but this is really beginning to worry me now and stress me out. Firstly, I accept that I am not sailing until Christmas and that a number of things may (and will) change before then. However, my (mild) OCD means that I like to know well in advance exactly what I need to do when the time comes. 

Ideally, I'd like "an idiot's guide" (Yes, I acknowledge I'm an idiot - so there is no need to remind me of that) to everything I need to do before, during and after my cruise. To be of any use to me it should avoid (or explain in simple terms) phrases such as "download", "scan", "input", "URL" etc.! Is there such a document?

So sorry to hear you're worrying.

I don't personally know of such a document I'm afraid.

The best thing would be to get someone to help you who is okay with all these computer things.  It isn't that difficult honestly and anyone who has a smart mobile phone and computer of any sort should be able to deal with everything.

Try not to worry. It will get sorted.  

CP  😊

Hi I have just been trying to do our locator form, I got as far as filling in our personal details, I could not download the QR code which I know others have not been able to but I cannot get to the point where it asks what date we plan to arrive in the UK, it asks other questions about our plans of travel in the UK  none of it relevant to us, is anyone having the same problem, I followed the link from our P&O email regarding the PLF. 

2 hours ago, Billish said:

I know I am a pedant, but could the mods correct the spelling mistake in the thread title? It puts my teeth on edge every time I see it !

Until you just mentioned the title I had not realised it contained a spelling mistake, but it is fairly minor, and I assume everyone understands the meaning.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Hi I have just been trying to do our locator form, I got as far as filling in our personal details, I could not download the QR code which I know others have not been able to but I cannot get to the point where it asks what date we plan to arrive in the UK, it asks other questions about our plans of travel in the UK  none of it relevant to us, is anyone having the same problem, I followed the link from our P&O email regarding the PLF. 

All we did was ignore the question about travel in uk and carried on filling the form in

Hi L751 I tried that but it would not let me go any further, it just kept coming back with a red highlighted box saying I need to fill the UK travel , but I will have a go again later , many thanks though 

7 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Hi L751 I tried that but it would not let me go any further, it just kept coming back with a red highlighted box saying I need to fill the UK travel , but I will have a go again later , many thanks though 

Did you put your home address in, that should sort it hopefully

Thanks again L751, I went back in to it and just ticked UK then it let me go through to the next page regarding the  the last  country visited before we arrive back in the UK which is Portugal ( canary island cruise )  I believe I have to enter the other islands in the 10 days prior now but I have come out and hopefully will be able to fill the rest in later, fingers crossed. 

18 hours ago, L751 said:

I had problems with the QR code so just have to show proof of vaccine when getting off if asked

When I got that I just abandoned that attempt and started a new form and it worked second time. It seems the QR code needs to be very clear and in bright light.