Awful Quiet on Reports of Covid on ships?

glentally

33 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Apologies. I have to say I had not looked at Carnival. But several other lines I have looked at for various upcoming travel plans all had fairly comprehensive info.

Well  maybe they do spell it out. ... you are on your own.

I believe that case where the carnival pax from Oklahoma died is why everyone now has to test to board. She more than likely had covid when she boarded and needed oxygen by the time the ship got to Belize. Carnival did transport her to the hospital in Belize. The Houston ambulance chasing lawyer said carnival abandoned her in Belize. Belize doesnt have the medicines we have. Her family couldnt afford to bring her home, so started a go fund me page to raise money to eventually bring her back to USA but it was delayed. 

I think now carnival says transportation is on you. The hotels where you can isolate another time turned out to be a list of expensive Galveston hotels that had told carnival people could book and isolate if they were positive, but it's all on the passenger. 

On the ship they have cabins set aside where you can isolate so if you arent really sick or having symptoms you can just stay on and get room service food and after the cruise they slip you out of a side door. 

They dont do pcur test so canadians can fly home or a covid test so you can b2b with rcl or another cruiseline, not even for a fee. 

Dont count on them for anything. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, frantic36 said:

What happened in Iceland? Positive cases went up a bit but deaths from Covid are rare. As far as I know they have only had one death from Covid since May. I have a friend that lives there.

Good to hear. New Zealand has done well too. So has Saipan.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, davekathy said:

All the cruise lines need to make it mandatory that everyone no matter their age, medical condition(s), or excuse(s) be vaccinated before boarding their ships. 

Carnival did. The 77 year old woman that died was vaccinated. I guess that is why the CDC recommends people with compromised immune systems or over 65 not cruise right now. I get it. in 2012 I came down with whopping cough  3 days after coming home from a Med cruise. I had no idea you need the vaccine booster for that every 10 years, I had not had that vaccine since I was a  preteen.  in 2017 I caught the flu on a Canadian cruise. Yep, if anything is going around you are more apt to get it on a cruise ship.  So if your immune system is weakened, you really should not cruise.

The Captain on Celebrity Edge gave reports on the # of COVID cases on board the ship during his daily public briefings last week.

It was ZERO on Day 1 and continued that way until we departed yesterday.  ZERO.  I felt safer on board with 95% of guests fully vaxxed and testing negative 48 hours or less before the cruise, than I do in my SWFL supermarkets or pharmacy stores where only 57% of residents are vaxxed.

• Like 1

Are cruises operating at full capacity right now? If some still are on reduced capacity any idea when the industry will be back to full capacity? Right now we’re not keen on cruising on a full capacity cruise. We’re booked on Queen Mary 2 this June.